OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

i am loving this new Starting 5 mode where its your created player vs another created player and you are on NBA teams

only thing i dislike is how it matches you up

Since i am a PG it should match me up with another user PG and not a damn PF or C where they can just abuse the computer down low

Worse, apparently. Badges regressing if not used enough is nuts :lol:

As if Steph Curry only drives one game somehow his 3 point range would get worse. Nasty stuff.

I can see the argument of badge regression over the course of a season (to season) if based on TENDENCIES. But the complaints I am seeing are from game to game or over a short period of time. I don't think that is cool.

I CAN see (Agree with) badges regressing based on performance. (Shot badges regressing if shooting %s aren't up to par).

I think it's fair.

Maybe it's because of cross-play or only 2K psychos playing this early but the competition online has been good

Also refreshing not playing the '17 Warriors 12 straight times. I might stick around the lower leagues this year so that isn't an option

I'm liking the amount of contested shots that are going in. Last year all you had to do was be in close proximity to a shooter to defend. This year you actually have to be in good position with a hand up

Badge regression doesn't bother me that much. Should it be toned down? Sure.

But you can now unlock every badge available to your player and you don't have to worry about badge points, tiers or that other budgeting crap.

If you don't take contested shots why should you have Deadeye maxed and in your back pocket for when you happen to take a contested shot on accident? I you don't usually play defense and play in chase down scenarios why should you have Chase Down artist maxed for when you get beat off the dribble to save you?

I like it, it makes build unique and honestly I won't have to make nearly as many different builds this year. I'm usually a 5+ player a year person sometimes more now I think imma be cool with 2 maybe 3 this year.

The 2k community KILLS me. No one can be objective and they want the game catered to what THEY want to do instead of wanting a balanced and fun game.

You have dribblers that want to glitch around the court unimpeded with limitless stamina for 24 seconds, lockdowns who want to be able to spam square and get rewarded just for pressing a button, shooters who expect to hit from an 80% clip from 30 feet out, post scorers who want to be Kareem on steroids, its just endless narratives and bias being pushed from every angle.

The dev team literally can not win and someone will be pissed off, you can tell they have legitimately tried to add a counter to each badge for offense and defense, microtransactions are all directions from above them coming from ownership being greedy.

At the end of the day since 2k18 I've maintained an 85% or better win percentage in The rec/pro-am, each year I'/ve averaged at least 15/5 a game if not better and shot over 60% from the field and over 50% from the 3. This year has been my worst shooting so far I'm only at 42% from 3 so far but my player is an 80 rated 3pt shooter with only bronze shooting badges part of it's user error, some is latency, and my build not being the best shooter. Imma get the shots up and in a month I know imma be lights out from 3.

The majority of the 2k community wants their player to be unstoppable but doesn't want anyone else's to be good so they can win. It's so weird.

I learned from Gran Turismo that there are so different many people, playing the game so many different way, expecting so many different things that you can barley listen to the community. I give props to all devs for having to swim the seas of whining kids to pull out any constructive criticism.

i love that the Pro-am courts seems smaller but its literally impossible to shoot/catch ball or make a move on the wings behind 3pt line without going out of bounds.. Its just mainly on the wings both sides

if i do a catch and shoot with my custom jumpshot 9 out of 10 times it will say im out of bounds lol

last year the corners/wings were my goto with certain moves and catch and shoots

Last edited:
i am having a blast with this game this year

YOU need a role this year with your created build 100%

WASHED KING WASHED KING you really wasnt lying with the Floaters - had to adapt that to my game and it truly is a gam changer this year.. even on misses it gets the C to "try' to contest and leaves your C for an easy offensive rebound at time

i am having a blast with this game this year

YOU need a role this year with your created build 100%

WASHED KING WASHED KING you really wasnt lying with the Floaters - had to adapt that to my game and it truly is a gam changer this year.. even on misses it gets the C to "try' to contest and leaves your C for an easy offensive rebound at time

It kills those bigs that just want to sit under the rim now because they know the odds of them getting dunked on is way lower this year. Wrecks the 2-3 zone too.

I'm planning out my second build now. Going to be a 6'6 220lb bully 2 guard. Maxing strength for bulldozer and physical handles as high as possible. One of my boys made a 6'7 PG with max strength and he has been throwing every guard off him it's nuts.

Last edited:
So spam cut to basket cheese is IT this year huh :smh:

Dudes playing their biggest lineup possible then cutting to the basket constantly

Need to figure out a formula to beat this one. Pretty much have to play defense the opposite as you would vs any other strategy

So spam cut to basket cheese is IT this year huh :smh:

Dudes playing their biggest lineup possible then cutting to the basket constantly

Need to figure out a formula to beat this one. Pretty much have to play defense the opposite as you would vs any other strategy

Ya i seen last night people complaining between playnow/myteam cuts

Looks like AI dont know how to slow it down or stop it at all

^Yeah the AI is helpless against it. At least on the default defensive settings

Ive gotten beat by Jazz and Bucks users running 2-3 7 footers at any given time

It basically forces you to play off ball/help defense the entire game

And selling out to defend the paint leaves a lot of wide open looks from 3

Need to force turnovers/intercept those passes somehow. I’m not used to playing passing lanes like that

People just now figuring this out?? How is an actual part of the game of basketball toxic? What was toxic was the weird idea that players have to guard each other at all times. I always thought that was a cop out for people who cant get by the cpu.

There is a difference between switching in certain positions and letting the CPU play defense. We all know the difference there

Yea dude you are taking away the human vs human experience if you are playing majority zone and letting the CPU play defense.

People just now figuring this out?? How is an actual part of the game of basketball toxic?

Other than in 2K, I’ve never seen a game of basketball where a team either tried or allowed that strategy to work. It’s a video game exploit, nothing more

It’s not unbeatable, especially if it’s all they know how to do. But combine it with solid shooting and 1-2 other plays and it’s very hard to beat

What was toxic was the weird idea that players have to guard each other at all times. I always thought that was a cop out for people who cant get by the cpu.

Lol say you “play defense” standing in the corner without saying it

There is a difference between switching in certain positions and letting the CPU play defense.
This, but some people think you can NEVER switch off the player ever. If your doing a pick n roll, and I know you're going to drive, why can I slide the center over to clog up the play? Or if one is running the same play that ends in a kick out to the corner, I read the play, immediately switch to the defender that guarding the player that going to get the ball, "YoU cHeEsInG bRo!"

Cant lie though even back door cuts are OP in a 5v5 Human Pro-Am

But what could he have done better in this video? Looks like he tried on ball and off ball

E be Is it considered cheese if you just keep icon switching up and switch to corresponding player when you see the cut?

Back
Top Bottom