Official BBQ thread

Base crack?

Long story short but a mulch fire burned the fence between my house and my neighbor's. We both chose to do hardscape landscaping rather than grass and when the firefighters came to put the fire out the hose got lose, hit my XL BGE and cracked it. My windows were also damaged. That was two months ago but my insurance paid for me to get a new XL BGE. Mine was only a year old

20180708_165409.jpg
20180708_171134.jpg
20180720_191649.jpg
20180722_163624_HDR.jpg
20180707_211920.jpg
20180708_173155.jpg
20180708_173150.jpg
20180722_165758.jpg
20180722_171448.jpg
20180708_175934.jpg

Long story short but a mulch fire burned the fence between my house and my neighbor's. We both chose to do hardscape landscaping rather than grass and when the firefighters came to put the fire out the hose got lose, hit my XL BGE and cracked it. My windows were also damaged. That was two months ago but my insurance paid for me to get a new XL BGE. Mine was only a year old
ah, that really sucks but at least insurance is taking care of it. I thought you meant you were getting a new one through the BGE warranty. I haven't used mine much at all this summer, been using my kamado joe jr, and my webers much more. No big BBQs this summer with a pregnant wife due any day now.

ah, that really sucks but at least insurance is taking care of it. I thought you meant you were getting a new one through the BGE warranty. I haven't used mine much at all this summer, been using my kamado joe jr, and my webers much more. No big BBQs this summer with a pregnant wife due any day now.
Congratulations on the little one. Glad insurance is taking care of it.

Added a pellet grill to my group of smokers this year.

Loving the convenience so far :lol: will definitely help when doing large orders for people

Need to try some peach wood . I've been on a hickory/apple or hickory/cherry the most lately

Just learned about pimento wood for jerk style food
ohhh.png

What brand did you get? Charcoal is goat but sometimes you just wanna get on with your life.
After doing some research I went with a brand called Rec Tec, was not familiar with them until I lurked a handful of boards and they have a pretty good rep within the community., so far so good using it.

Yeah nothing will beat what comes off the offset with coal/wood, will never fully transition away from it :lol:

Cigar&Grills Season and my first rack of ribs went down Sunday.
My full size grill is broken but I got a lil smoker that works well, ready for a good 4-6 hr smoke session

Anyone else like Dizzy Pig rubs?
i use mainly dizzy pig and meat church rubs. My parents live like 15 minutes from the DP flagship store, so every time they come up they bring me a bunch of the big dizzy dust containers, and a nice sampling of the smaller sizes (love the mole). The store is pretty cool too, some good stuff (bge, ceramic grill store, yeti, etc) - it is where i got my bge xl adjustable rig and stones. They do eggfests, bbq classes, etc. too. Good people.

elpablo21 elpablo21

Those smokers look nice.

My main hang up on them is I feel like they will break. You can’t break a charcoal grill.

Those grills seem to have a good rep though. I might have to get that small one. I just need something big enough to fit a brisket or a couple racks of ribs.

All my co workers have traeger. The food I good, they get decent smoke rings and flavor etc. but I heard their reliability is trash so I don’t want to go with them.

I used to have a dope homemade offset in a crib I lived in but it was my roommates. We used to use that thing so much. I made some Tahitian treat ribs that were stupid yet :pimp: on there.

Get a green egg with the lifetime warranty. Can do a lot more with it, and you can make them almost as easy to use for smoking as a pellet grill. However, I have a few eggs and would like a pellet grill for longer smokes only. Though If I had to pick one I would go kamado.

Back
Top Bottom