Official BBQ thread

Ended up being gifted a used smoker that's still in really good condition last week. Gonna post a pic when I get back home, think I'm gonna try to fire it up in a few days

Tried to do some thighs in the "competition" way. I'm not good with knife work so the skin cleaning part was a struggle :lol:

20190417_192421.jpg

Your ribs look like you heated this up.

cable%252520guy%252520ribs.jpg

And your real ignorant for talking down on thermometers. Not only is it food safety, but it lets you know when your food is done to your preference. If your grilling chicken and beef some might not know when its done, thats what a thermometer is for.

When your doing long cooks you NEED to know your pit/food temp. Its mandatory.

Dont come in this thread with your struggle pre cooked ribs.

Why you think from the last post you posted pics went 6 days before anyone posted in here again. And it wasnt about what you posted. FOH.

:rofl: Highlight of last summer.

Funny convo

So tell us the process of entering the competition?

Where do you live?
I'm up in Seattle, I was just doing it for the hell of it tbh :lol: was always enamored by the bite through skin with cooking at a low temp

I don't think I could do real competitions. It's fun to watch on BBQ pitmasters but the level of detail they put in those boxes are something else

I'm up in Seattle, I was just doing it for the hell of it tbh :lol: was always enamored by the bite through skin with cooking at a low temp

I don't think I could do real competitions. It's fun to watch on BBQ pitmasters but the level of detail they put in those boxes are something else

I agree, i used to think it would be fun to do when i am older and have some more time on my hands. But, the older i get the less i want to go through all that nonsense. :lol:

I've gotten comfortable without using a thermometer with most pork cuts and brisket.

Still like it for steaks to be precise and I don't trust myself without it on chicken and turkey :lol: bone in pieces and whole birds at least

Back
Top Bottom