Official BBQ thread

yeah Komado seems to be the consensus pick for the ceramic cookers

elpablo21 elpablo21

Those smokers look nice.

My main hang up on them is I feel like they will break. You can’t break a charcoal grill.

Those grills seem to have a good rep though. I might have to get that small one. I just need something big enough to fit a brisket or a couple racks of ribs.

All my co workers have traeger. The food I good, they get decent smoke rings and flavor etc. but I heard their reliability is trash so I don’t want to go with them.

I used to have a dope homemade offset in a crib I lived in but it was my roommates. We used to use that thing so much. I made some Tahitian treat ribs that were stupid yet :pimp: on there.

Yeah always have to worry about potential parts replacements and certain upkeep for sure. I thought I would get a Traeger and some people do love them still but comments about their reliability issues put me off, at least on the smaller units. There's some other good brands I ran into. Rec Tec, Green Mountain (I think langfor5 langfor5 has one), Chef Camp have some good mid tier level grills and Yoder and Mak seemed to be the big boys

Would this be sold only in Texas though?
No I got some here in VA, I have about 4/5 different Crown bottles.
Cigar&Grills Season and my first rack of ribs went down Sunday.
My full size grill is broken but I got a lil smoker that works well, ready for a good 4-6 hr smoke session
Yeah told the wife I am buying a new grill this year, the one I had served us for 10 years. Really tired of it and ripped the cover last time putting it on is the reason for a new grill.

Yeah told the wife I am buying a new grill this year, the one I had served us for 10 years. Really tired of it and ripped the cover last time putting it on is the reason for a new grill.

I didn't take care of mine and it lasted us about 3-5 years. Not sure when I'll get another because I'm cheap lol but I'll have to start looking at new ones soon the smoker I have is pretty small

I didn't take care of mine and it lasted us about 3-5 years. Not sure when I'll get another because I'm cheap lol but I'll have to start looking at new ones soon the smoker I have is pretty small
I was PISSED Lowes had one originally like $500 marked down to like $145 because it was a display last fall. I kept putting it off and spoke to the guy and said it would get marked down again Friday. I waited until Friday and some MOFO had already bought it. I was pissed I wanted that damn grill.

yeah Komado seems to be the consensus pick for the ceramic cookers

Yeah always have to worry about potential parts replacements and certain upkeep for sure. I thought I would get a Traeger and some people do love them still but comments about their reliability issues put me off, at least on the smaller units. There's some other good brands I ran into. Rec Tec, Green Mountain (I think langfor5 langfor5 has one), Chef Camp have some good mid tier level grills and Yoder and Mak seemed to be the big boys

I thought about a geen mountain too. I heard they are legit. Whatever I get I don’t care about it getting super hot I just want to smoke on it when I’m lazy. It’s never gonna see a steak.

Get a green egg with the lifetime warranty. Can do a lot more with it, and you can make them almost as easy to use for smoking as a pellet grill. However, I have a few eggs and would like a pellet grill for longer smokes only. Though If I had to pick one I would go kamado.

I thought about that too but everything I can do on an egg I can do on my Webber. I can smoke on it fine but sometimes I just want to set it and forget it.

I was looking at eggs the other day though. I like that they will last forever and it will hold temp in the winter.

How often do you gotta adjust it during a long smoke once you get used to it?

I thought about that too but everything I can do on an egg I can do on my Webber. I can smoke on it fine but sometimes I just want to set it and forget it.

I was looking at eggs the other day though. I like that they will last forever and it will hold temp in the winter.

How often do you gotta adjust it during a long smoke once you get used to it?
Rarely ever have to touch it once it’s settled in. I used a pit temp controller when I first got it, now I don’t even bother with the controller usually because it holds temp so well. The controller is cool for overnight cooks though because it will wake you if there is an emergency.

I was PISSED Lowes had one originally like $500 marked down to like $145 because it was a display last fall. I kept putting it off and spoke to the guy and said it would get marked down again Friday. I waited until Friday and some MOFO had already bought it. I was pissed I wanted that damn grill.

What a mark down. I might settle for a lower priced 2nd hand joint that will at least last me another 2 years before I hustle my way to a decent sized Green Egg of my dreams. Or a legit smoker which ever tickles my fancy

What a mark down. I might settle for a lower priced 2nd hand joint that will at least last me another 2 years before I hustle my way to a decent sized Green Egg of my dreams. Or a legit smoker which ever tickles my fancy
Don't forget to hit up Letgo.

Watch out, broke boy schmokin. :lol: :pimp:

CA49FE22-9C33-466A-9B3B-DF2F45CF18BC.jpeg

:lol: that is the beauty of it all

Ya'll throw your wood chunks on top or under your coals? Been watching Harry Soo lately and it was first time I heard putting the chunks underneath
ohhh.png

I thought about a geen mountain too. I heard they are legit. Whatever I get I don’t care about it getting super hot I just want to smoke on it when I’m lazy. It’s never gonna see a steak.

Going on two years with my GMG. Nothing crazy has gone wrong with it. I had an issue with the grill not keeping a consistent temp but I just reset the unit and it has been fine ever since. The GMG isn’t bullet proof but I did a good amount of research on pellet grills and it seemed GM was the best bang for your buck.
For all the reasons you mentioned: reliable land ease of use I would definitely recommend the GMG.

Nice, yeah they look nice for the money and have really good reviews. I’m not trying to spend more than 500.

I don’t care about searing steaks or none of that. I just wanna throw in a brisket or chicken and have it hold temp and not break.

Need more bricks. :lol:

I’m about to try something like that.

High heat indirect I guess and shut the bottom vent when I flip it.

Back
Top Bottom