Official BBQ thread

Gotta check with the wife and see if we goin over her fam's house but I have a small pork shoulder I've been holding onto that I might try to smoke. May do some chicken or ribs or something lol

Trying to decide when I want to grill Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Thinking Friday and Sunday, keep it simple on Friday.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Going to my brother's tomorrow after work for some grilling.

Any recipes for corn on the cob?

Do you recommend Kings Hawaiian?

Have any good kabob recipes?

I must have missed how this all started
heh.png

Nice to see this thread breathe again. Probably gonna do a tri-tip, baby backs, and some sort of veg that I can do on the pit. Cooking tomorrow so I can be extra lazy on Monday..

Oh yea, mannnnnnnnn if you boiling meat before you put it on the pit, stop it. Stop it right now. Damn shame.

Well on a commercial level I understand. Like chili’s, Applebee’s and restaurants like that have to par boil. It does in fact cut down cook time, but your stuck with that bbq that just doesn’t taste the same as meat that was cooked solely on the pit.

Other than that reason alone I see absolutely no benefits of boiling. I only see negatives to boiling.

When I was a cook we never boiled our smoked meat. You just load the smoker up before you leave for the night and the prep cook finishers then in the morning.

Time was never really an issue because you just cook enough in bulk. I also cooked at places that have very high standard. Idk what they are doing in corporate places.

Other than that reason alone I see absolutely no benefits of boiling. I only see negatives to boiling.

Boiling ribs should be a crime. Baking is pretty close to crap but I understand some people don’t have a grill.

Slowly smoking over wood chips/briquettes with indirect Heat is the only way to go.

I’m reading this thread now and people are confusing grilling (fast/high heat) with bar-b-que (slow/low heat).

I’ll be posting pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom