Official BBQ thread

05F29929-BDE3-4020-8F60-17771F53642B.jpeg
Beautiful char

I cooked two different types of steak, chorizo, kielbasa sausage cut in hot dog lengths, I slice them so easier to recognize, chicken sausage, hamburgers, and hotdogs. Wife made a salad, roasted potatoes, bronies, and sangria.
IMG_2489.jpg
IMG_2490.jpg
IMG_2491.jpg
IMG_2492.jpg
IMG_2493.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg

I didn't expect anyone to eat the burgers so only made three, figured they would eat the steak of course everyone wanted burgers. Mother in law called and asked if we wanted to grill out and they come over. She is great and was already going to grill out for my daughters.

What would be better for pizza on the grill....a pizza stone or a cast iron pizza pan? I'm leaning towards the cast iron since I can probably use it for more than just pizza. Any thoughts?

elpablo21 elpablo21 :nerd:

What would be better for pizza on the grill....a pizza stone or a cast iron pizza pan? I'm leaning towards the cast iron since I can probably use it for more than just pizza. Any thoughts?

Cast iron has so many uses versus a pizza stone. However don't want to be in your finances but you can probably get both in good quality.

When in doubt, buy the kitchen device that has multiple uses.

One of the biggest wastes of money are specialized kitchen devices that are bigger than your hand.

Cast iron

i have found smokin deals on lodges of all sizes at marshalls/homegoods in the past.

Like others have said already if you had to choose go cast iron but I grab both if I could tbh :lol:

Lodge bros :pimp:

I just got one of those chain mail lodge sponges target sells. I thought 20 dollars was kind of a rip off but I haven’t had to scrub them with salt since I got it, it’s actually pretty legit since I use them for everything it’s nice just to run hot water on it scrub it quick and it’s good to go.

3857A4E8-3B9D-4C5D-A8F5-09BBC0DD4BDA.jpeg

Looking to pick up a green mountain grill. Do they usually go on sale? Or is the price what it is.

Looking to pick up a green mountain grill. Do they usually go on sale? Or is the price what it is.

Kinda tuff to catch Green Mountains on sale. Make sure to look into other models out there. There are some less expensive, yet high quality pellet cookers out there. Costco has a decent one going for about $500-600.

Believe they are “Pit Boss” grills. AlsoTraegers are good cookers. Char Griller makes a pellet cooker that’s has gotten some really good reviews, also on the inexpensive side.

Looked at traegers. Ive been told that the green mountain is less expensive and better quality. But I’ll also look into those other brands. Thanks

Got my first crib so I’m looking into getting a charcoal grill...any recommendations thinking about a standard Weber for now

Webber man, can’t go wrong.

I got the performer or something. It’s the one that’s built into the cart with a table. Same grill just rolls and has a table.

That was the very first thing I bought for my crib. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom