OFFICIAL BCS TITLE GAME....LSU vs. Ohio State..(plz put in Henton)..!!!!

well, its either a rumor :smh:or..? I havent found any article or source so Id say rumor. We'll have to wait and see.
But, Donald Washington, Ohio St. best cover corner (arguably) will not be making the trip to New Orleans.

, Donald Washington, Ohio St. best cover corner (arguably) will not be making the trip to New Orleans.

???????
where did u hear this.. ive been searching but have not found anything.... also I think tress may have something up his sleeve, it appers Henton is now theback up QB... looks like he may be throw in for a few plays (ala Ted ginn in the alamo bowl) just to keep the LSU D on their toes.

How in the hickups is Lousiana State University playing in the title game.
alien.gif
@ the BCS.

How surprising.. USC fans whining..
grin.gif

how could yall even argue with someone saying the big 10 > pac 10.. any knowledgeable college football head knows the pac 10 was the better conference.. itsnot even worth the argument..

And some of yall SC fans are REALLY sleepin on Illinois.. yall soundin like its bout to be a easy W.. Illinios beating USC wouldn't be too surprising..they have 5 star talent on both sides on the ball.. just remember how greasy yall talking before YOUR game..

as for the national championship.. I like LSU to win by 2 scores..

Is Clifford going to get a more severe penalty since this is his 2nd known failed drug test this season? Dude is a beast but loves the tree. That is reallygoing to hurt not having Washington and a guy that could have been used to play for him. Malcom Jenkins better get ready to not see a single ball thrown hisway. They are really going to pick on the corner opposite him. Sucks that 2 very good players will not be playing with Flynn out and Washington acting thefool.

thats not good at all.. washington was playing good ball.. if this RUMOR about LSU qb not playing that could be good... but either way the closer to the gamethe more and more news comes out.. lets hope it not bad..

Its going to be tough to try and stop that offense with a real good corner staying in Columbus. They have a ton of stud WRs to put out there. The good thingfor The Browneyes is that they have some solid safeties and Tressell has some time to get the other CBs prepared. I would expect the Tigers to try and exploitit though. I am excited to watch this game. I think its going to be real good.

Is Clifford going to get a more severe penalty since this is his 2nd known failed drug test this season? Dude is a beast but loves the tree. That is really going to hurt not having Washington and a guy that could have been used to play for him. Malcom Jenkins better get ready to not see a single ball thrown his way. They are really going to pick on the corner opposite him. Sucks that 2 very good players will not be playing with Flynn out and Washington acting the fool.
The only thing that would hurt the secondary if Washington had got suspended is Malcolm couldnt roll to safety on nickel.
Ohio St has a lot of very good but young talent in the secondary. Amos and Chekwa both played a lot this yr.
It seems that Washington will play but Clifford is def. suspended.
grin.gif
He needs to get it together. His upside is crazy but he keeps messin up,he's gonna get passed up or booted off the team. He may be suspended a game or 2 starting next yr (or atleast that was the initial report).

Flynn is prolly gonna play too so..

Quite a shocker that Washington has not been confirmed as suspended. I would have thought for sure they would have suspended him.
smile.gif

wow if washington plays.. real college football fans know tress is pretty harsh when it comes to misconduct on and off the field.

gotta come back in here ever now and again and remind myself there is acually going to be a game soon......lol

^^^quit trolling......

...and per the interviews that Beanie and the other buckeyes have been having, it really looks like they are 10xs more focused on this time around.!!! I amalso anxious to see the HS All American Game jan 5th.. to see if tOSU picks up Terrell Pryor... also a 5star OLineman just de-committed from WVU and looks likehe is headed to columbus....

^^^that's good news......hopefully now there won't be a fight between two star players couple days before the game this time!

About Pryor......I'm pretty sure he still hasn't visited the school up north yet, so we'll see...If he does come to tOSU though, it will beinteresting to see Henton and Pryor battle for the #2 spot next year, b/c you know Tressel's rolling with Boeckman next year, regardless of the game'soutcome....

I think the only way LSU wins is if they are able to balance Perriloux's running with him throwing the ball. Flynn cant win this game on his own.

Lafell/Byrd might do work matched up vs a 2nd string CB.

I think This gonna be a good low scoring game. 17 - 16 type game. maybe Trindn Holliday will be the difference with a big Kick Return.

as for the future.
as much as we (NT) #%$@ on Brandon Lafell, I think next yr he can be a top 3 WR in the country. Just think, he is always open and burnign someone, he just hasproblem with his hands, and that can be worked on

Lafell has all the physical tools....but has a bad case of the dropsies.....

But, he does get open a lot.....Just needs to work on those hands OVERTIME.....Im pretty sure the coaches will get him right....

I wonder if it is a situation where dude just has small hands....or is it just bad catching mechanics....

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

^^^quit trolling......

...and per the interviews that Beanie and the other buckeyes have been having, it really looks like they are 10xs more focused on this time around.!!! I am also anxious to see the HS All American Game jan 5th.. to see if tOSU picks up Terrell Pryor... also a 5star OLineman just de-committed from WVU and looks like he is headed to columbus....

Don't plan on seeing TP announce at the game. He just stated yesterday that he will announce on signing day. There goes that theory. He apparently hasOregon on Jan 12/13 and then we will see if he goes to UF. Can't see him going to Duke. Then, he said that Michigan will be his final visit. Late January/Early February. Thats gonna be tough for The Browneyes to make up ground if he visits Michigan that late. Plus, alot of things are being said about Mallett butI will only believe it when I see it. Should be a fun month or so to see how this ends up. I still think the Browneyes are the team to beat.

Anyways, I am still pumped for this game. I really want to see how LSU D stacks up against the power of O$U. I also want to see if Gholston can get looseagainst their OTs. I would love to see Hester run over Animal. Also O$U's DBs are going to have their hands full with their WRs. I think there are manygood matchups and want to see who is gonna exploit them. Should be a good game. I think LSU wins by a TUD.

^^^ pryor's plan was to announce during the AA game, didnt knw he was going to do it on signing day...I really figured if that was the case he was headingto Columbus, since no teams can recruit right now.... well I think the outcome of the game will play a huge part... if tOSU wins, i see it being a big boostfor the stock of pryor coming to Columbus... but either way I see it only coming down to scUM and tOSU... and yea LSU has some great players, they are a goodteam.. but I see tress redeaming himself (terrible adjustments last year vs FL) and also dont be suprised to see tOSU come out with guns blazing ready to earnsome respect....

Lafell/Byrd might do work matched up vs a 2nd string CB.
^good look kobe.

You talkin about Holliday runnin 1 back is a good point..Kickoff/punt coverage has been pretty bad this yr.
sick.gif
(NW)

If Pryor does come to Columbus, Henton will have the job b4 Pryor, guarantee. In all honesty though, Imma be happy w/ AH. Ive seen Henton play a lot in hs andI think he's capable of being a great player...Gotta stay away frm those girls tho
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Johnny Simon just signed (5star outta my own Cardinal Mooney) and hopefully Jenkins will make it official.
but I see tress redeaming himself (terrible adjustments last year vs FL) and also dont be suprised to see tOSU come out with guns blazing ready to earn some respect....
Well, offensively. Defensively it was strictly on Heacock..but I really felt like he couldnt do much with the secondary last yr to adjust..(why ami talkin bout last yr?!
roll.gif
)

^^^ true, but thats the signature of tress and co, to adjust during a big game and do what needs to be done... but yea henton is going to be the next big statin columbus, and yes lets hope he find a nice girl to settle down with..lol.....this years recruting class is looking NICE... with or without Pryor, and if wecan land Josh Jenkins (also high on his list is FSU) our O Line in the next 2-3 years will be OUTSTANDING..!!!

here is a cool artice on the buckeys.... Henton at 2nd string now... and Offically out of tressell's dog house

Schoenhoft still at TE, Henton is backup QB for Buckeyes
Associated Press

Updated: December 29, 2007, 2:57 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State celebrated one major accomplishment on Saturday. The Buckeyes will have to wait a little over a week to see if they can pull off abigger one.

At halftime of the men's basketball game, the Buckeyes football squad received a 30-second standing ovation after presenting the Big Ten championshiptrophy to athletic director Gene Smith.

"It's been a long and fun season, but it's not over with yet," captain Dionte Johnson told a cheering crowd of almost 18,000 at Value CityArena.

The Buckeyes are in the midst of workouts for their Jan. 7 showdown with LSU in the Bowl Championship Series national title game at the Louisiana Superdome.

Dressed in scarlet warmups, the players and coaches came in from a practice on Saturday morning and then left immediately after the presentation for the WoodyHayes Athletic Center to watch game films and attend meetings.

"This is a special recognition," Smith said during the ceremony at halftime of Ohio State's 92-83 victory over UMBC. "I think we're allproud of how these young men have performed relative to wins and losses, but I know you share my feelings in how they represent us not only on the field but inthe classroom and off the field."

Still, it was a controversy involving a suspended player that Tressel had to sidestep later.

Several media outlets reported just over a week ago that starting cornerback Donald Washington and backup Eugene Clifford had been suspended for the gameagainst LSU. Ohio State later confirmed that Clifford had been suspended, but never mentioned Washington in a release.

Washington has been practicing with the team and will play in the title game.

When asked if he had been close to losing Washington, Tressel said no during a brief interview session after the presentation ceremony.

He even took a shot at the media outlets which had cited unnamed sources for the reports about Washington.

Asked about reports there had been a lot of contact in practice, Tressel said, "No, I don't know there was heavy hitting. That might have been one ofthose inaccurate sources or something. I don't think we've tackled since we've been [working out]."

The Buckeyes will practice in Columbus until flying by charter to New Orleans on Jan. 2.

Tressel said there were no players ineligible or suspended, other than Clifford. Lawrence Wilson, a defensive end who broke his leg in the season opener, willmost likely not be ready to play against LSU.

Rob Schoenhoft, the backup quarterback all season, is working out with the tight ends and will not return to the quarterback position until spring practice.

Antonio Henton is now Todd Boeckman's backup, a rapid rise after Henton's legal problems from earlier in the season. He was suspended for seven gamesuntil he pleaded guilty late in the season to a minor misdemeanor count of loitering for prostitution.

"As we looked at ourselves trying to work out a No. 2 and a No. 3 both, we didn't see progression being made that we needed," Tressel said."And you'd better go in with two quarterbacks ready to win, especially in a championship game. We just thought it was hard to get three guysreps."

Tressel said the team's attitude has been good and that the players are excited to be headed to New Orleans, a city few of the Buckeyes have visited.

Then again, the Buckeyes had a good attitude and also were excited a year ago before Florida put a 41-14 beating on them in the BCS title game in Glendale,Ariz.

"As we prepared and trained [last year] here in Columbus, I thought that we were right where we needed to be. I didn't necessarily feel great aboutour preparation out there," Tressel said. "So I guess I'll have to wait and answer that when we get to the bowl site."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Back
Top Bottom