Official Bitcoin Thread

Joined Jul 18, 2012
Been tellin yall to hold cash for the retrace. Glad i took my gains and bought abuncha imported rifles. Easy 200% return. Last night only a mild sting

Joined Apr 4, 2008
In theory you could just convert to a stablecoin and buy back in the dips. I'm not doing it but I know it could work.
Yeah I could understand the logic in doing this. But I wouldn’t sell an entire position. I trimmed some at 38 and 48, not the best sales but so be it. Just keep 50% of your position at minimum if you believe in bitcoin long term.

cs02132

Supporter
Joined Nov 1, 2007
100b in supply says no

tokenomics and potential the majority of supply gets locked up due to its use case as a collateral token for payments, cross chain swaps, etc says it’ll go higher than doge.

this is a baby ripple potentially. Doesn’t mean it’ll work like that, adoption and staking has to happen, but if it works to full maturity, we’ll be ok.
Damn really
If it hits 20 cents I’m chillin
But if it hit like $6 I’m big big chillin :lol:

Joined Apr 4, 2006
Always sell. Always buy more

Maybe because my strategy is using this crypto game as a long term savings account. I shouldn't need to dip into it to buy anything or because a random emergency came up.

I see stories after stories on reddit where some emergency came up and now binance or coinbase isn't processing their withdrawal at the time they want and it shows they put way more than they should have into crypto

Joined Apr 4, 2008
Think about the important factors that institutions rely on in traditional markets, now realize that those products are not offered currently (derivatives, swaps, options, volatility trading). the projects focusing on those products for defi will have a use case and potential to provide a bear market proof protocol

think it's cool that UMA is offering volatility tokens for eth

Joined Feb 27, 2011
I got my shimmy real late. Was waiting last week for the perfect time to buy BTC cause I thought it would go back to 57-59K. Then I remembered about the Coinbase IPO and thought that would make the price go up so I bought almost 2k BTC at 63K. Then last night happens LOL. Story of my life....oh well bought a little bit last night and a little more this morning. *shrug*

Joined Apr 4, 2008
I got my shimmy real late. Was waiting last week for the perfect time to buy BTC cause I thought it would go back to 57-59K. Then I remembered about the Coinbase IPO and thought that would make the price go up so I bought almost 2k BTC at 63K. Then last night happens LOL. Story of my life....oh well bought a little bit last night and a little more this morning. *shrug*
if you didn't buy bitcoin at 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k, 30k, you missed the perfect time (in 5 years you'll say the same about not buying at 60k). the key to prevent missing out and never owning bitcoin is to just DCA regularly regardless of price, and on big drawdowns >15% adding a little bit more than you normally would and increasing your size every 15% we go lower until you're full sizing in 80% lower (if that happens again).

Joined Jul 29, 2012
the important thing to remember about BTC is there's only a supply of 21 million. 18 million+ has already been mined, and it is exponentially hard to mine the remaining. Several million was lost already in initial offering/transfer/ledgers etc. 21 million. That's it. They're not releasing more.

Joined Jan 22, 2010
Like someone else said, in a few years you’ll be like “hell yeah I got in at 63k”

The worst ever is when constantly repeat “imagine if you bought in at ____”

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now