Official Bitcoin Thread

Let's say I hypothetically saw this dip coming. Between taxes and coinbase fees would it have even benefited me to cash out at the top and reinvest at this "bottom".

Had bad experiences with "market prices" on stonks where it's not worth the effort even at 50k move

I don’t think 50k is the bottom personally. This was just a blip but who knows. Everyone I talk to thinks I’m crazy for saying this money laundering fud is going to send us to 30k as Johnny come lately’s and weak hands panic selling

I don’t think 50k is the bottom personally. This was just a blip but who knows. Everyone I talk to thinks I’m crazy for saying this money laundering fud is going to send us to 30k as Johnny come lately’s and weak hands panic selling
I meant a $50k move in stocks i've made before and "market value" seems to always settle in a place that it wasn't worth my time. Again, i'm just asking in theory with regards to coinbase fees and taxes at the end of the year from selling and buying back in at dips.

I meant a $50k move in stocks i've made before and "market value" seems to always settle in a place that it wasn't worth my time. Again, i'm just asking in theory with regards to coinbase fees and taxes at the end of the year from selling and buying back in at dips.
In theory you could just convert to a stablecoin and buy back in the dips. I'm not doing it but I know it could work.

Been tellin yall to hold cash for the retrace. Glad i took my gains and bought abuncha imported rifles. Easy 200% return. Last night only a mild sting

Anybody else taking chances on BitTorrent since it’s less than a penny?
DB27A0DE-A77E-400C-8DDE-E6ECD09CCD14.jpeg
I had mad shares of that because I was holdin a bag of tron. I was surprised it started moving. I shaved like a half of my bag a while back for btc tho

In theory you could just convert to a stablecoin and buy back in the dips. I'm not doing it but I know it could work.
Yeah I could understand the logic in doing this. But I wouldn’t sell an entire position. I trimmed some at 38 and 48, not the best sales but so be it. Just keep 50% of your position at minimum if you believe in bitcoin long term.

100b in supply says no

tokenomics and potential the majority of supply gets locked up due to its use case as a collateral token for payments, cross chain swaps, etc says it’ll go higher than doge.

this is a baby ripple potentially. Doesn’t mean it’ll work like that, adoption and staking has to happen, but if it works to full maturity, we’ll be ok.
Damn really
If it hits 20 cents I’m chillin
But if it hit like $6 I’m big big chillin :lol:

Always sell. Always buy more

Maybe because my strategy is using this crypto game as a long term savings account. I shouldn't need to dip into it to buy anything or because a random emergency came up.

I see stories after stories on reddit where some emergency came up and now binance or coinbase isn't processing their withdrawal at the time they want and it shows they put way more than they should have into crypto

Think about the important factors that institutions rely on in traditional markets, now realize that those products are not offered currently (derivatives, swaps, options, volatility trading). the projects focusing on those products for defi will have a use case and potential to provide a bear market proof protocol

think it's cool that UMA is offering volatility tokens for eth

I got my shimmy real late. Was waiting last week for the perfect time to buy BTC cause I thought it would go back to 57-59K. Then I remembered about the Coinbase IPO and thought that would make the price go up so I bought almost 2k BTC at 63K. Then last night happens LOL. Story of my life....oh well bought a little bit last night and a little more this morning. *shrug*

I got my shimmy real late. Was waiting last week for the perfect time to buy BTC cause I thought it would go back to 57-59K. Then I remembered about the Coinbase IPO and thought that would make the price go up so I bought almost 2k BTC at 63K. Then last night happens LOL. Story of my life....oh well bought a little bit last night and a little more this morning. *shrug*
if you didn't buy bitcoin at 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k, 30k, you missed the perfect time (in 5 years you'll say the same about not buying at 60k). the key to prevent missing out and never owning bitcoin is to just DCA regularly regardless of price, and on big drawdowns >15% adding a little bit more than you normally would and increasing your size every 15% we go lower until you're full sizing in 80% lower (if that happens again).

the important thing to remember about BTC is there's only a supply of 21 million. 18 million+ has already been mined, and it is exponentially hard to mine the remaining. Several million was lost already in initial offering/transfer/ledgers etc. 21 million. That's it. They're not releasing more.

Like someone else said, in a few years you’ll be like “hell yeah I got in at 63k”

The worst ever is when constantly repeat “imagine if you bought in at ____”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom