Official Bitcoin Thread

D1798629-F47B-47F3-996C-B849A6CC8710.jpeg

AE027834-A365-4E34-A310-E8E30420E1FB.gif

Oh wow, we're definitely getting regulated to hell now.

Maybe we need it though, as much as some people hate the idea.

Still never owned an NFT. No disrespect but the pic above me looks like a bad guy from comic zone video game in the 90s.

Still never owned an NFT. No disrespect but the pic above me looks like a bad guy from comic zone video game in the 90s.

It really depends what you're into. There's definitely something out there for everyone and some are getting creative with utility.

For example Meta World Peace dropped an NFT recently where your NFT allows you be the owner of a 3 v 3 basketball team. You enter into tournaments and your team plays for cyrpto and gives basketball players another way to showcase their talent and get paid. He's trying to create 3v3 basketball leagues all over which is a pretty cool concept IMO.
XVSX_SPORTS_Instagram_Post.png

Don't worry man :lol:

I'm fully drinking the kool aid at this point but EYE recall a time when I thought this was all some bull **** also.

Same here :lol: I only buy what I like and can afford though. Worst case I'll get prints of the ones I have and hang them up.

Took me a solid hour to get through the combatlab LOL! One of the dopest minting experiences though, the Team really put a lot of thought in it.

Do you get anything for making it through?? I gave it 3 tries and bailed :lol:

Do you get anything for making it through?? I gave it 3 tries and bailed :lol:
Said something about door will open at 6pm CST 5/25 at the previous terminal. I don't wtf it was talking about but I just had to beat it after getting frustrated like a mf...

What are the tangible utilities that most NFTs or at least some of the NFTs offer?

Aint no way Im hanging that BS upthere on my wall ..... I rather invest in an 8bit gaming console and doing stills ...

Like I said before ... im just old I guess.

Only way I buy into some NFTs are if they have stuff that cam benefit me outside a metaverse.

Lets say Yeezy drops an NFT, the join gives you all the Yeezy releases at retail. Guarantee (x) amount of times of Yeeezy collabs. Concert tickets etc etc etc ... I dont want to hear about low gas fees, exclusive chat options etc ...

I plan on living my life outside ......

Make **** tangible and we talking.

What are the tangible utilities that most NFTs or at least some of the NFTs offer?

Aint no way Im hanging that BS upthere on my wall ..... I rather invest in an 8bit gaming console and doing stills ...

Like I said before ... im just old I guess.

Only way I buy into some NFTs are if they have stuff that cam benefit me outside a metaverse.

Lets say Yeezy drops an NFT, the join gives you all the Yeezy releases at retail. Guarantee (x) amount of times of Yeeezy collabs. Concert tickets etc etc etc ... I dont want to hear about low gas fees, exclusive chat options etc ...

I plan on living my life outside ......

Make **** tangible and we talking.
Artieverse released their first set of NFTs last month and those have benefits like getting into Artie events/parties (they had a Coachella event last month to celebrate the launch), free merch, platform gameplay, and some more stuff. One example.

Plenty of NFTs with utility. Not all real-world benefits but plenty of digital stuff that equals real monetary rewards too.

Defira is in the process of their hero mint, which has a lot of benefits in their metaverse/platform.

NFTs are still in their infancy. most know them as tied to jpegs but it can go much deeper. immutable proof of ownership with one click. in the future, you'll see it being used in real estate, car dealerships, etc. you can even program an NFT to allow you rent an air bnb for a specific time and date and that NFT will unlock the house and its' features. lots of untapped potential that is just getting started.

i think the RTFKT nike NFT was interesting. would be awesome if you could get a physical 1 of 1 for owning the jpeg.

You won’t see meaningful utility until 2025

Right now it’s all Ponzi utility and gaming that will never materialize

You can fully expect the sneaker flipping game to move to NFTs though with people selling the NFT and never taking custody of the shoe until they burn the NFT

Got mine last night. Looks like we have similar tastes :lol: :lol:.

unnamed.png

Was a cool experience designing it all. I didn't inject any ETH but might do so later on.
You got until 4pm pacific today to inject ETH I think.

Interesting sign up thing by Nike yesterday, not sure if it’s web3 related though. I agree with JRS through, outside of some IRL events, merch/toys, or half-assed games I don’t expect any earth-moving utility for years. Likely will just be stacking ETH and some BTC.

You can fully expect the sneaker flipping game to move to NFTs though with people selling the NFT and never taking custody of the shoe until they burn the NFT

You need to make that platform.

Have your entire inventory bootstrapped with chancletas incase things go awry.

You got until 4pm pacific today to inject ETH I think.

Interesting sign up thing by Nike yesterday, not sure if it’s web3 related though. I agree with JRS through, outside of some IRL events, merch/toys, or half-assed games I don’t expect any earth-moving utility for years. Likely will just be stacking ETH and some BTC.
Right now is retail testing what retail can do with NFTs. Commercial application is coming fast tho - we'll see some commercial utility before 2025 but it won't really ramp up until then imo. Insurance, real estate, financial institutions seem like the first adopters. They'll roll out NFT functionality soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom