Official Bitcoin Thread

We (as in society) are 'rebranding' existing processes every day in order to make them better/more optimized/more streamlined. NFTs can potentially do those things for property ownership once they are more fleshed out.

Grubhub wouldn't have worked 20 years ago, even though the internet and restaurants both existed. But it works beautifully now that the internet and the way that we interface with the internet is much more robust.

You are being short sighted and basing your thoughts on the current state of NFTs. But NFTs (and blockchain) will be much different in the future. Profile picture collections is just the most basic application of NFTs that we have at this point in time. They will have no relevance to the application of NFTs as a way to verify property ownership. There will be no hype or frenzy associated with it. Just instead of having a deed, you'll have an NFT. Our grandfathers would've laughed at us if we told them we could order a pizza without ever picking up the telephone or leaving the house. Just like you can't imagine an NFT being proof that you own your crib.

NFTs have an interface already built into them so that your insurance/registration/tax agencies can get the info they need. The blockchain does all of the paperwork, accounting, etc for them. They/we just need to build the tools to be able to take advantage of it.
Like I said .. for me in this current state, NFTs are a scam.

Sure in the future if you flush a lot of the bull**** out and goverments/ agencies / etc buy into it. It can work .... but again it's just part of the entire process .... thr NFT will still need access to be written and edited by proffesional lawyers, agencies, etc. Again everyone has to be on board.

If anything IMO you're bring naive of what NFTs are now. Again this is my personal opinions and on what NFTs (hype) has been and is not on what it can evolve and be...

No way Coinbase is going bankrupt in the short term so you’ll be able to get your eth after the merge.

Regulators asked them to add that sentence in their report. Brian explained it on twitter iirc.

Where are y’all stacking your ETH?
If you can’t run your own node, splitting between rETH, stETH and a yearn vaults for staked eth is the move.

Reactions: jjs
Im not going to argue this ....

NFT is a scam at the moment, period. Everything you mention seems like someone is trying to rebrand an existing process and calling it NFT.

For example ... what would you use NFTs in a car dealership? Buy a NFT (car attached) via QR with Eth/Solano and the NFT fills in all the blanks and has your paperwork ready? But how about insurance/registration/inspection etc? Is it interfacing with RMV/Ins. angencies/etc and if so, at what cost???? Like whats the real advantage?

Can they save you a step or two?? Perhaps. It looks like you can close quicker on houses because everything is done and rolled up to an NFT. But again, how about deeds being registered/annual taxes/insurance etc? Like the NFT will be render useless after 1st purchase? Do you have to pay lawyers and programmers to update the NFT for a future sale??

The **** you say about AirBnB is useless ..... you still have to search a website with days and book it. What is the purpose of the NFT? Most modern AirBnBs have digital locks and codes are given to you for duration. You still have people that come out to greet and collect tourist taxes (Europe/etc) .. like wtf do we need an NFT???

Like I said before Bitcoin original concept was dope. Decentralization and purchasing in the dark web but with everything being tracked ... whats the purpose? You can pay and/or take money out in just about anywhere in the world with a credit card and or an app or google/apple pay. I guess if we treat it like a stock then it's a different story.

But NFTs???? Dudes doing NFTs of BS and selling like hotcakes.

Just my .02 bytes

You kinda made the argument with yourself :lol:

Been looking at what people have been saying about Strong across social media a bit. It's bad. Almost Terra Luna bad. David Moss had better use some of his millions for security when he goes out. That or pay for some sort of surgery to drastically alter his appearance lol.

Guess we now know these were never real nodes that did much of anything in the first places. Otherwise you wouldn't be deleting 100k in one day. Half of all the others are set to expire in the next 3 months.

At least the price is over $20 as of right now. I guess that's something.

Your children will be buying houses online in one click thanks to NFTs
I hope so ....

But for those regular people that still need LOANS to buy house .... how would it work?

How about independent appraisals? How about contingencies? How about inspections???

Dont let the current market fool you!

Stop making **** seems so simple. I'm all for simplicity and evolving, but an NFT will facilitate all the closing paperwork upfront .... you still have to trust the people or lawyers reviewing and creating the verbiage of a sales agreement.

However, none of that has anything to do with how or what is currently the typical NFT.

I hope so ....

But for those regular people that still need LOANS to buy house .... how would it work?

How about independent appraisals? How about contingencies? How about inspections???

Dont let the current market fool you!

Stop making **** seems so simple. I'm all for simplicity and evolving, but an NFT will facilitate all the closing paperwork upfront .... you still have to trust the people or lawyers reviewing and creating the verbiage of a sales agreement.

However, none of that has anything to do with how or what is currently the typical NFT.
This will all be abstracted away with smart contracts and oracles btw

If you can’t see the opportunities, you need to dive deeper into the tech in crypto

NFTs are just a deed that prove you own the property attached to it

You keep focusing on the old world and completely missing that crypto is building toward a world without relying on lawyers to settle disputes and banks to give you permission to borrow money.

The biggest deterrent is government intervention which will be abstracted away when they realize they’re going to lose all of their power and capitulate into using blockchains to stay relevant globally.

It’s pretty clear you’re only here for the money and not the values, culture and tech. Highly recommend learning about that before investing anymore money.

NFTs are just a deed that prove you own the property attached to it

You keep focusing on the old world and completely missing that crypto is building toward a world without relying on lawyers to settle disputes and banks to give you permission to borrow money.

The biggest deterrent is government intervention which will be abstracted away when they realize they’re going to lose all of their power and capitulate into using blockchains to stay relevant globally.

It’s pretty clear you’re only here for the money and not the values, culture and tech. Highly recommend learning about that before investing anymore money.
Perhaps Im just old ....

You keep saying Im thinking old world, but it is what it is. If you don't borrow from a traditional bank, you are still borrowing from someone ... you talk about not needing lawyers to settle disputes but you will still need an arbitrary when things don't go the way they need to ....

You said it .. Im being short sighted and with that said I go back to my original statement .... NFT are a scam until there are tangible things accompanying it. Which is what you are referring to and a ways out ... not what most are now.

Like why The Merge cost 90+ million? What does it offer? Why is real estate in the Metaverse so expensive? Why do they have moving companies?

I just find this useless unless we as a society are moving to living in a virtual world and even then I still would see it as useless because I want the real world.

This is not a slight to what NFT functionality could be ... I'm all for evolution .... Im talking about currently ....

I’ll try to efficiently exit Strong, decay model is what they needed from the start. Surprise pivot 2 years later… RIP

During this market grape finance and Horde still giving consistent returns.

If yield nodes does good this month I’ll start position there. Other one I’m starting some due diligence on is freeway: concept is they take your $ and forex trade. Give you back 43% In stables or different cryptos. Regulated in Australia

I’ll try to efficiently exit Strong, decay model is what they needed from the start. Surprise pivot 2 years later… RIP

During this market grape finance and Horde still giving consistent returns.

If yield nodes does good this month I’ll start position there. Other one I’m starting some due diligence on is freeway: concept is they take your $ and forex trade. Give you back 43% In stables or different cryptos. Regulated in Australia

This just sounds like peak ****ery :lol:

NFT is technology. It's neutral. It can be used for nefarious purposes or for good.
There's already tech like Centrifuge that tokenise real world assets as NFTs which can be used in DeFi on platforms like Aave.

1653040405945.png

1653040436732.png

We're still very early though but it's definitely a disruptive tech.

NFTs will be huge simply because of one thing

The blockchain

The blockchain is huge, can be used for millions of things, its gonna be more than who has the coolest monster or rarest attribute

Nft’s will be able to help alot of things we do everyday

the communication sucked and a lot of people lost nodes. 25 of mine got clipped.

To play devils advocate, I thought we wanted more sustainability? 10 for 20 isn't all that bad, I'm for the move to be honest. This isn't the end of the road map, let's see how things play out. Those 25 nodes that got clipped paid me way more already so while it was sad for it to go, we still in the game.

No longer can people take infinite rewards and sell, they will have to think more about what they do with these rewards. I'm still bullish. *flame suit on*

They're clearly pushing people to entangled nodes tho smh. Polygon is Polygone now too smh.

Vitalik Buterin co-published a paper predicting Ethereum’s future.

NFT which are non-transferrable are called soulbound tokens (SBTs). Once you receive an SBT, you hold it in a Soul wallet forever. Only the issuer can burn the souldbound token.

Problem with Transferable NFT’s: If someone shows you that they have an NFT that is obtainable by doing X, you can’t tell whether they did X themselves or whether they just paid someone else to do X.

Use case 1: Universities could give SBT degrees to their graduates. If universities gave NFT degrees now, graduates could sell them to anyone online. But if a graduate receives an SBT degree, he would not be able to transfer or sell it.

Use case 2: A company is trying to hire people who went to Conference X. Because Conference X gave out SBT badges to its attendees, no one can buy a badge on an open market. The company could then filter candidates for verified attendees of Conference X.

Use case 3: A DAO wants to build a community of environmentalists. The DAO can airdrop SBTs to attendees of environmental conferences and graduates of environmental programs. Assumption: there are very bad things that can easily happen to governance mechanisms if governance power is easily transferable.

Use case 4
: Property ownership, People renting the property should be given soulbond tokens.

Damn, that’s pretty dope.

What's your thought's on the Akumu sneak peeks so far?? stick stick

Joints looking kinda mid compared to genesis BD imo.

Yeah I gotta agree at this point. The colors kinda look washed out? Idk how to describe it. I do like how high-res they are though. I think once we start seeing traits and stuff then it'll give us a better idea of what they're really about. Hype is definitely building though so that's good to see.

I was able to swing a trade for another Genesis a few days ago. Cost me 4 Bloodmoon Boku and 3 baby dragz. Don't know how I was able to trade some milk for a whole cow, but I'll take it :lol:. I will probably look to flip this one into the next pump tbh.

q7u6TgNmiX9umITH6AXre4y8mqeOF1zeY_m1gO4L2dY.png

Back
Top Bottom