Official Bitcoin Thread

Lol imagine Coinbase rugging. Not actually funny though.

Unless something drastic has changed since last week, it ain't happening. Wish I could remember the source, but it showed them still healthy as far as going under goes.

No way Coinbase is going bankrupt in the short term so you’ll be able to get your eth after the merge.

Regulators asked them to add that sentence in their report. Brian explained it on twitter iirc.

Where are y’all stacking your ETH?

cb needs to hurry up and release my staked eth before they keep it when they go bankrupt.

I’m done holding even a couple grand on centralized exchanges.
Dude
I get you but i dont trust myself with private keys.
I often get locked out of things for forgetting my password, username, or favorite hobby.
I may regret later though

Papis, take your seed phrase and put with with your social security card, car title, kid birth certificate and all that other important stuff and no matter what happens you’re good.

What’s ironic is they claim their communication is dog **** because people will steal their ideas.

They just blatantly ripped off horde and still didn’t tell us anything.

Pretty much. I'm really close to just letting my stuff go. I've got enough Stronger coins on the side to get back in if it looks like Strongchain might do something.

That stealing their ideas thing was always lame. One of these other node services is supposedly really close to launching their own gasless blockchain.

Seeing these other projects actually getting stuff done just makes them look even worse.

Last edited:
I'm sorry strong bros.2022 has been a hell of a year for crypto.

Hoping we get some good returns at the end of the year.
I remember back in November I almost bought a Doodles NFT, but went with a node because I thought it was the safer bet. Sheesh... End of the day, it was from my crypto earnings the months before so it's all a learning process. NFTs really helped me make it up, but I'm trying to do more due diligence with crypto overall as there could be some opportunities here.

NFTs are still in their infancy. most know them as tied to jpegs but it can go much deeper. immutable proof of ownership with one click. in the future, you'll see it being used in real estate, car dealerships, etc. you can even program an NFT to allow you rent an air bnb for a specific time and date and that NFT will unlock the house and its' features. lots of untapped potential that is just getting started.

i think the RTFKT nike NFT was interesting. would be awesome if you could get a physical 1 of 1 for owning the jpeg.
Im not going to argue this ....

NFT is a scam at the moment, period. Everything you mention seems like someone is trying to rebrand an existing process and calling it NFT.

For example ... what would you use NFTs in a car dealership? Buy a NFT (car attached) via QR with Eth/Solano and the NFT fills in all the blanks and has your paperwork ready? But how about insurance/registration/inspection etc? Is it interfacing with RMV/Ins. angencies/etc and if so, at what cost???? Like whats the real advantage?

Can they save you a step or two?? Perhaps. It looks like you can close quicker on houses because everything is done and rolled up to an NFT. But again, how about deeds being registered/annual taxes/insurance etc? Like the NFT will be render useless after 1st purchase? Do you have to pay lawyers and programmers to update the NFT for a future sale??

The **** you say about AirBnB is useless ..... you still have to search a website with days and book it. What is the purpose of the NFT? Most modern AirBnBs have digital locks and codes are given to you for duration. You still have people that come out to greet and collect tourist taxes (Europe/etc) .. like wtf do we need an NFT???

Like I said before Bitcoin original concept was dope. Decentralization and purchasing in the dark web but with everything being tracked ... whats the purpose? You can pay and/or take money out in just about anywhere in the world with a credit card and or an app or google/apple pay. I guess if we treat it like a stock then it's a different story.

But NFTs???? Dudes doing NFTs of BS and selling like hotcakes.

Just my .02 bytes

Last edited:
I remember back in November I almost bought a Doodles NFT, but went with a node because I thought it was the safer bet.
sean-casey-baseball.gif

:lol:

Last edited:
Im not going to argue this ....

NFT is a scam at the moment, period. Everything you mention seems like someone is trying to rebrand an existing process and calling it NFT.

For example ... what would you use NFTs in a car dealership? Buy a NFT (car attached) via QR with Eth/Solano and the NFT fills in all the blanks and has your paperwork ready? But how about insurance/registration/inspection etc? Is it interfacing with RMV/Ins. angencies/etc and if so, at what cost???? Like whats the real advantage?

Can they save you a step or two?? Perhaps. It looks like you can close quicker on houses because everything is done and rolled up to an NFT. But again, how about deeds being registered/annual taxes/insurance etc? Like the NFT will be render useless after 1st purchase? Do you have to pay lawyers and programmers to update the NFT for a future sale??

The **** you say about AirBnB is useless ..... you still have to search a website with days and book it. What is the purpose of the NFT? Most modern AirBnBs have digital locks and codes are given to you for duration. You still have people that come out to greet and collect tourist taxes (Europe/etc) .. like wtf do we need an NFT???

Like I said before Bitcoin original concept was dope. Decentralization and purchasing in the dark web but with everything being tracked ... whats the purpose? You can pay and/or take money out in just about anywhere in the world with a credit card and or an app or google/apple pay. I guess if we treat it like a stock then it's a different story.

But NFTs???? Dudes doing NFTs of BS and selling like hotcakes.

Just my .02 bytes

We (as in society) are 'rebranding' existing processes every day in order to make them better/more optimized/more streamlined. NFTs can potentially do those things for property ownership once they are more fleshed out.

Grubhub wouldn't have worked 20 years ago, even though the internet and restaurants both existed. But it works beautifully now that the internet and the way that we interface with the internet is much more robust.

You are being short sighted and basing your thoughts on the current state of NFTs. But NFTs (and blockchain) will be much different in the future. Profile picture collections is just the most basic application of NFTs that we have at this point in time. They will have no relevance to the application of NFTs as a way to verify property ownership. There will be no hype or frenzy associated with it. Just instead of having a deed, you'll have an NFT. Our grandfathers would've laughed at us if we told them we could order a pizza without ever picking up the telephone or leaving the house. Just like you can't imagine an NFT being proof that you own your crib.

NFTs have an interface already built into them so that your insurance/registration/tax agencies can get the info they need. The blockchain does all of the paperwork, accounting, etc for them. They/we just need to build the tools to be able to take advantage of it.

Back
Top Bottom