Official Bitcoin Thread

Curious are you holding stocks and whats your opinion, of the current stock market slide?

I do hold stocks but I have them in larger cap companies that have a long history of consistent dividend growth like Coca Cola (around 50 years of growing their dividend yearly) I reinvest those dividends at no cost back into the same companies (drip =divided reinvestment program)

The idea is that my holding will increase every year, and I have more and more shares overtime, and each of those shares will give me a larger dividend thus I can purchase more shares for free, when I retire, the dividend payments will become my income.

I own a few major companies that I believe have a high barrier to entry (so you don’t wake up with a new competitor overnight) so I own a few railway companies, visa (not a dividend stock), Coke, Brookfield asset management, and Berkshire Hathaway’s B shares

I haven’t sold anything even though I’ve seen my gains evaporate, but in theory as the price goes down, my dividends should be able to purchase me more shares, so in essence, a drip automatically averages down your position during a downturn.

Short term is micro is always more volatile and unpredictable, but if you have a long term outlook, you can have some more stable trends ie, more people doing online shopping and using visa instead of cash..

If you look at the stock market as a popularity contest instead of an exact weight measure of what a company is worth, you’ll do a lot better. You have to look at stocks as an actual (small) piece of a business. Sometimes great businesses with strong balance sheets become less popular and the market punishes them to a point where they look very attractive to a value investor.

If you went out and purchased 50% of a big successful business, you wouldn’t be selling or reducing your position every week depending on what people were offering you, you would most likely just focus on the business and keep an eye on management to make sure they’re doing the right stuff that made them successful in the first place.

Warren buffets lifetime average is 20%, so you can’t get too greedy and expect to become a millionaire overnight. I thinkthe market has this allure that people can make a quick buck, but thats not that likely.
Investing for the long haul is the best way to go, and investing in good solid profitable companies with a strong brand name and being comfortable in buying more of the same business if the stock price reduced by 50% or more.

That being said, intrest rates will continue to slowly rise for the next 10 years, and rates being so low already, central banks dont have the ability to cut rates to stimulate the economy. So not if, but when the next recession happens, it could be painful.

Buffet said great wealth is made and destroyed at the bottom of a recession, so having cash on hand to get in when there’s “blood in the streets” is always good too.

I think the market will continue to slide and go sideways for period of time, right now valuations are rich, so a stock price might not move up when the announce increase in their earnings to the point where the valuation comes down to meet the stock price. The global economy is slowing and the US is the last man standing, and if you take out the gains of Apple google amazon, the S&P500 would actually be flat or down down for the last year. I’d love to purchase all those companies at nice discount though :wink:

The price of everything comes down to supply and demand. Everyone knows the supply side of bitcoin, but when it comes to demand, there are some major concerns.

It’s proven to be a terrible asset when it comes to volatility and how stable it is.

Most people/businesses I know still don’t use any cryptos as a method of payments.

The people who bought at 10k or above who are still holding (could be even 4K) will sell as soon as they break even, if they ever do..

That means there’s a supply of bitcoin being dumped at x price above the current market price.. that selling pressure is something that’s going to stop any big run

All the things that was pushing bitcoin higher have transformed into barriers that will stop any significant rise in the price imo

Good stuff here. Although I disagree that the selling pressure would be a significant barrier to new highs because small retail investors are not who is going to drive the price to new highs, it will be institutional investors.

ETH doomed.

ETH needs to go up in price or majority of those alt coin(eth token projects) will be shutting down

When will this happen?

Waiting on these garbage projects to collapse. At this point many of them are close to shutting down, with major layoffs and office closures.

Despite the price, ETH is going strong with development and I expect it to get better.

Sidenote, China's PBOC is building their own coin

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/china-s-plan-to-sideline-bitcoin

And still dropping too, good call. Idk why so many people were so dismissive of this post :lol:
When it comes to money i know its hard but we have to take our emotions out of it, all he's doing is looking at trends and paying attention to key levels of support. anyway, looks like $3500 BTC may be the next stop :nerd:
Thanks. Just sharing tips for those who need it. If people shorted these prices like I said to they would have made money.
Just last month you said we were in a bullish market because it's Q4. Now you're saying crypto value is going to drop even more. Where do I buy these magic crystal balls that you all seem to have in here?
:nthat:

Last edited:
Thanks. Just sharing tips for those who need it. If people shorted these prices like I said to they would have made money.

I like this and I subscribe to a similar way of thinking.

I’m perfectly fine with shorting or going long on an asset. I’m not married to any of these coins (except my XRP bae, but they say if you love it to let it go and if it comes back.... blah blah)

I’m here to make money. No matter what form it’s in.

Yall dudes still FOMOing in after a year of this? Just be patient and scale in. I seriously think this will dip further then where it was.
the FOMO is real, lololol....

human nature cannot change without discipline.. none of us have enough discipline... but this little 3 day move looks good for 2019 , it might drop back or it might not, i didnt load the bag here yet but im optimistic on the bull run coinciding with the stock market plunge thats due for 2019 lets see how it pans out...

Yeah me too fam. We not falling for the gas again :lol:. If/When BTC hits sub 2k or 2kish range is when ill FOMO back in and go heavy on some alts/BTC.

As of now ill just pick my fav alt to add more and more too little by little but not on this pump

All 2018 we fell for it lol.

Copped some Bitcoin Cash on Monday, impressed with the gains :pimp:
out of love for crypto, the last thing you should be buying is bcash aka ****coincash ..... i thought about copping one just for the gains but i cant bring myself to do it knowing Roger Ver is somewhere getting richer by the day... lol

Bitcoin cash tryna suck people in again. Love it. Wish I had more eth but things won’t rip and run just yet. This is a good bounce.

Back
Top Bottom