...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

can you recall a bbm if they havent received it yet? or if it hasnt been delivered?

Bold 9650 to Sprint on May 23rd.

6.0 OS Preview

corny video but I like the media upgrades, iPhone-like search feature, the social stream, and native tabbed browsing

I've heard that if you have an older blackberry like a bold 9700 it doesn't have enough memory to run the 6.0 os system. Any truth to that?

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I've heard that if you have an older blackberry like a bold 9700 it doesn't have enough memory to run the 6.0 os system. Any truth to that?
LOLWUT?

If they don't allow their flagship device to upgrade to 6.0 then it's a huge mistake on RIM's part.

From what I've read, the 9700 will most likely be able to upgrade, one of the earlier demos shows it being used on a 9700. The newer phones will have an upgrade in memory, but the 9700 should be able to run based on how it's designed and the memory works. If it's as smooth or lags compared to something with more memory, who knows right now.

why do i have to keep clicking "get images" on my emails? any way for it to automatically just show the images when i open them?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

why do i have to keep clicking "get images" on my emails? any way for it to automatically just show the images when i open them?

There is an "automatically download images" option under email options. It's a security issue. The Blackberry will automatically download and display any images embedded in the email with no problem. The issue is when the images are linked to the email (which is normally) and the phone has to use a web link to download it. It opens up a vulnerability in security, which is why RIM has it disabled on the Blackberry. You have to agree to take on the risk to get the images. It's irritating to me but I understand why they would do it that way. Lots of business and important communications being performed on these devices, and they want it as secure as possible.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Whats the best FREE GPS app for BB?

Google Maps?
Bing?
......?

google hands down

as far as the best turn by turn u can get on a phone?

when i had a WinMo, Bing was THE TRUTH....

Google Maps is that nice? lol

Bolt or Opera Mini?
nerd.gif

i downloaded the 5.0 update but its not showing on my phone.
also, is there any way to write more than the 160 characters for a text message?

TheGrimm wrote:
Bold 9650 to Sprint on May 23rd.

6.0 OS Preview

corny video but I like the media upgrades, iPhone-like search feature, the social stream, and native tabbed browsing

this video reminds me alot of palm's ad's for the pre.
laugh.gif

also, is there any way to write more than the 160 characters for a text message?

I think it's only available with the 9700, I had a tour and it didnt work (had a newer OS on it), but when I got my 9700 is showed up as 160 1/6
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I think it's only available with the 9700, I had a tour and it didnt work (had a newer OS on it), but when I got my 9700 is showed up as 160 1/6
pimp.gif

its really annoying when i have to write a super long text

KeVeNMaYnE wrote:

Mr Jordan04 wrote:

pimp.gif

its really annoying when i have to write a super long text
why dont you just call the person? if you going into 2+ pages of text, just call the person.

Back
Top Bottom