OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ truth... he is overrated... i say that not because hes not scoring now but the way he was scoring when he was dominating the league...

one timers from the left circle... now everyone n their mother knows thats his bread n butter n jus takes it away from him and hes failed to adjust...

no clue why he plays the point on the PP either... sucha waste, get him back on that circle n let lecavlier play the other point man then have marty feeding him n the slot...

but not until next year
laugh.gif
no reason with the offense they have my sid,geno,cookeless pens should be handling them...
pimp.gif

Wooooowww. Really? 
laugh.gif
 He's 21 years old. 21!
I guarantee you take him on your team in a heartbeat. 

Originally Posted by FOG

Toews sounding mad salty in the post-game interview
laugh.gif

Canucks bringing out the broom tomorrow 
tongue.gif

Why you gotta jinx it? 
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Patrick Kane's misery brings me joy. It's a horrible thing to say....  but really.... I'm a horrible person.

tumblr_lgo8rlIMJ61qd9x6to1_500.gif

Originally Posted by FOG

Toews sounding mad salty in the post-game interview
laugh.gif

Canucks bringing out the broom tomorrow 
tongue.gif

Why you gotta jinx it? 
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Patrick Kane's misery brings me joy. It's a horrible thing to say....  but really.... I'm a horrible person.

tumblr_lgo8rlIMJ61qd9x6to1_500.gif

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Washington Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau ripped Madison Square Garden and its fans Monday, one day after his Capitals fell to the Rangers 3-2 in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," Boudreau said on 105.9 The Edge's "Kirk and Mike Show," according to The Washington Post. "I mean, it's nothing. The locker rooms are horrible. The benches are horrible. There's no room for anything. But the reputation of being in Madison Square Garden is what makes it famous. Also, our building's a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it's not that loud in there."

Boudreau's squad leads the best-of-seven series 2-1, losing in the Rangers' home building in front of a sellout crowd of 18,200 Sunday. The Rangers did have a 187-game sellout streak there that ended last February.

MSG is currently undergoing a $775 million to $850 million transformation that will enhance the entrances, the concourses, seating, scoreboards, as well as the locker rooms. The project will close MSG over the next three summers when the Knicks and Rangers are in their offseasons. MSG had its last major renovation in 1991 and has been at its current location since 1968.

Following team meetings Monday, the Rangers didn't take the bait from Boudreau, opting to avoid responding to the comment, but they did take time to commend their fans on the atmosphere in what could be a pivotal game in helping the Rangers get back in the series.

"As the coach of the Rangers, right now this hockey team and this coaching staff is just preparing for another game," John Tortorella said on "The Michael Kay Show." "We haven't really thought too much about locker rooms or how loud it is. I'm not even sure what he's trying to say there. We're just concerned about trying to be the best we can be and play the right way.

"I will say, the fans gave us a tremendous lift last night. I'm hoping that we can get off to a good start and continue on our way. That's our concentration. Nothing else around us is gonna teeter us from our focus, and that's our next game."

"I don't know what their coach is saying and I'm not worried about that, our building was rocking, and I had a great time," center Brian Boyle said. "It was a blast."

Added defenseman Marc Staal: "It was great. It always is. That's the loudest I've heard it maybe since the Boston game [on April 4]. It was a great atmosphere."

Boudreau also called Staal's hit on Mike Green in the second period on Sunday "dirty."

"They're coming after him," Boudreau said. "[Brandon] Prust left his feet in the first period and went after the head, as well, and Mike threw a punch back at him."

"Staal comes in, there's no puck and he takes his arm and swings at his head. It's all forgotten, because [Alex Ovechkin scores] a goal to tie the game up," Boudreau said. "It shouldn't be forgotten, and it wasn't the only time they targeted Mike's head.

"That's what we want to get out of the game."

"I haven't seen [a replay], but I remember the play," Staal said. "I came across and he was coming into the middle and I tried to finish him. But I haven't seen it again [to comment one way or another]."

The series resumes Wednesday with Game 4 at 7 p.m. at MSG.

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Washington Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau ripped Madison Square Garden and its fans Monday, one day after his Capitals fell to the Rangers 3-2 in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," Boudreau said on 105.9 The Edge's "Kirk and Mike Show," according to The Washington Post. "I mean, it's nothing. The locker rooms are horrible. The benches are horrible. There's no room for anything. But the reputation of being in Madison Square Garden is what makes it famous. Also, our building's a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it's not that loud in there."

Boudreau's squad leads the best-of-seven series 2-1, losing in the Rangers' home building in front of a sellout crowd of 18,200 Sunday. The Rangers did have a 187-game sellout streak there that ended last February.

MSG is currently undergoing a $775 million to $850 million transformation that will enhance the entrances, the concourses, seating, scoreboards, as well as the locker rooms. The project will close MSG over the next three summers when the Knicks and Rangers are in their offseasons. MSG had its last major renovation in 1991 and has been at its current location since 1968.

Following team meetings Monday, the Rangers didn't take the bait from Boudreau, opting to avoid responding to the comment, but they did take time to commend their fans on the atmosphere in what could be a pivotal game in helping the Rangers get back in the series.

"As the coach of the Rangers, right now this hockey team and this coaching staff is just preparing for another game," John Tortorella said on "The Michael Kay Show." "We haven't really thought too much about locker rooms or how loud it is. I'm not even sure what he's trying to say there. We're just concerned about trying to be the best we can be and play the right way.

"I will say, the fans gave us a tremendous lift last night. I'm hoping that we can get off to a good start and continue on our way. That's our concentration. Nothing else around us is gonna teeter us from our focus, and that's our next game."

"I don't know what their coach is saying and I'm not worried about that, our building was rocking, and I had a great time," center Brian Boyle said. "It was a blast."

Added defenseman Marc Staal: "It was great. It always is. That's the loudest I've heard it maybe since the Boston game [on April 4]. It was a great atmosphere."

Boudreau also called Staal's hit on Mike Green in the second period on Sunday "dirty."

"They're coming after him," Boudreau said. "[Brandon] Prust left his feet in the first period and went after the head, as well, and Mike threw a punch back at him."

"Staal comes in, there's no puck and he takes his arm and swings at his head. It's all forgotten, because [Alex Ovechkin scores] a goal to tie the game up," Boudreau said. "It shouldn't be forgotten, and it wasn't the only time they targeted Mike's head.

"That's what we want to get out of the game."

"I haven't seen [a replay], but I remember the play," Staal said. "I came across and he was coming into the middle and I tried to finish him. But I haven't seen it again [to comment one way or another]."

The series resumes Wednesday with Game 4 at 7 p.m. at MSG.

it's funny though. everyone knows the most arguably important part of the building for hockey is garbage: the ice. history, sure unmatched. but that ice, ugh. can't speak about the locker rooms or whatever because haven't seen it. watching a game there seems alright tho, not a terrible arena. it's old, what do you expect.

it's funny though. everyone knows the most arguably important part of the building for hockey is garbage: the ice. history, sure unmatched. but that ice, ugh. can't speak about the locker rooms or whatever because haven't seen it. watching a game there seems alright tho, not a terrible arena. it's old, what do you expect.

the arena itself isn't very nice. But he's a loser for going at the fans. crowd sounded crazy for most of the game even when the caps tied it up late in the third in disheartening fashion.

the arena itself isn't very nice. But he's a loser for going at the fans. crowd sounded crazy for most of the game even when the caps tied it up late in the third in disheartening fashion.

Originally Posted by DubA169

U got a loser for a coach too...

Spoiler [+]
nhl_g_tortorella_300.jpg

anyways, I found this interesting:

There were so many examples of Prust's work.

In the first, after Avery left his feet twice to hit recovering concussion patient Mike Green, Prust had his elbow leading as he hit the Capitals defenseman.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rang...g_PEi2jGbXRj1Ut89nJ5LIeL?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Originally Posted by DubA169

U got a loser for a coach too...

Spoiler [+]
nhl_g_tortorella_300.jpg

anyways, I found this interesting:

There were so many examples of Prust's work.

In the first, after Avery left his feet twice to hit recovering concussion patient Mike Green, Prust had his elbow leading as he hit the Capitals defenseman.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rang...g_PEi2jGbXRj1Ut89nJ5LIeL?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

The MSG sightlines, at least from anywhere not the 400 level which I didnt see, are amazing. I cant speak on the locker rooms and @!%! but theres a reason the VISITOR locker rooms are so bad. i'd bet my left testicle that the rangers locker room isnt nearly as bad.

worst ice in hockey though.
laugh.gif
but theres so many events on that floor its impossible to be good.

The MSG sightlines, at least from anywhere not the 400 level which I didnt see, are amazing. I cant speak on the locker rooms and @!%! but theres a reason the VISITOR locker rooms are so bad. i'd bet my left testicle that the rangers locker room isnt nearly as bad.

worst ice in hockey though.
laugh.gif
but theres so many events on that floor its impossible to be good.

I know they are renovating MSG this year, but can someone explain why they are building bridges across the playing surface?

4294122961.jpg

I know they are renovating MSG this year, but can someone explain why they are building bridges across the playing surface?

4294122961.jpg

I was in the 400's for that capitals game and it was really really loud @ MSG...some of the worst seats in the house and I could see great.

laugh.gif

Avery was leaving his feet everytime he skated at someone. He wanted the huge hit bad.

I was in the 400's for that capitals game and it was really really loud @ MSG...some of the worst seats in the house and I could see great.

laugh.gif

Avery was leaving his feet everytime he skated at someone. He wanted the huge hit bad.

i don't know. I don't like the idea of it. Just hope it doesn't screw around with the mystique or feel of the place. However you want to describe it.

i don't know. I don't like the idea of it. Just hope it doesn't screw around with the mystique or feel of the place. However you want to describe it.

Not a single post about the Wings game last night? Blasphemy. I'm going to have to start posting in here.

Sweep and more rest for Zetterburg
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom