OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

So much for that downgraded offense. Sox are looking great tonight so far.

Paps coming in for the save.

P.S. Thank you Damaso Marte.

enjoy the 1st L tonight.

r1bcjt.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

god dam PEDroia

laugh.gif
 if had to pick one guy who i knew for sure that wasn't on PEDs, it would be Pedroia. 
dudes like 5'8'' 

And Youkilis leading the league in triples 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

never thought i would say that 

Good win last night. Kinda wish I was here to rub it in, in the Yankees post. But glad we got the win none the less. Lets get another 2morrow night.

Updated: April 5, 2010, 2:27 PM ET

[h2]Red Sox set to announce extension[/h2]

By Gordon Edes
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

The Red Sox on Monday signed right-hander Josh Beckett to a four-year, $68 million contract extension that will be formally announced at a 3 p.m. news conference at Fenway Park, according to a team source.

4242.jpg

Beckett

Negotiations with Beckett went smoothly, the source said, even though the Red Sox did not offer him a fifth year like they gave John Lackey.

"Josh did not insist on the fifth year," said the source, indicating that Beckett's total package will be "Lackey money."

Lackey agreed to a five-year, $82.5 million contract this winter that averages $16.5 million per season. Beckett's four-year deal will average $17 million per season.

The source said that there is no special language in the contract that would give the Red Sox protection in the event the 30-year-old Beckett had shoulder issues.

Beckett, who is making $12 million this season in the final year of his contract, gave up 5 runs in 4 2/3 innings in Boston's 9-7 victory over the Yankees in Sunday night's season opener.

Gordon Edes covers the Red Sox for ESPNBoston.com. Follow him on Twitter.

ready for round 2...not sure if ill be on tho, might check it out at the bah

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by reener

smh.gif
@ this thread only being 4 pages long.
our wagon doesn't run deep on NT
laugh.gif

we've only got a handful of fans
well add me to the wagon even though i reside in NY (bronx) 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Sooo... whens Pedro gonna re-sign?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Josh Beckett's weekend:

Sunday Night: Gives up 5 ER in 4.2 IP.

Goes to bed.

Wakes up Monday morning.

Signs $68 Million contract.

Nice life.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i've never liked beckett against the yanks from a matchup standpoint...always seems to struggle against them in recent memory

hopefully lester brings it tonight

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

smh.gif
@ this thread only being 4 pages long.
our wagon doesn't run deep on NT
laugh.gif

we've only got a handful of fans
well add me to the wagon even though i reside in NY (bronx) 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Polar opposite of DSK
laugh.gif

I think I found that Boston bar around 34th you go to watch games Deadset
laugh.gif

I can't even dislike Lester.  Dudes been through a lot and is one of the best lefties in the league.

Checkin in. Lester does well against the Yanks for the most part so I am expecting a little lower scoring game tonight. We gotta get to Burnett early so we can see that Bullpen again. They thought they fixed it but its looking just as bad if not worse than last year.

Plus Posada is catching Burnett so Jacoby (whole team for that matter, but Jacoby especially because he didnt hit well last game) need to get on base so that when the inevitable passed balls happen we have people on base to make them pay.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Ortiz irked by reminders of slow '09 start[/h2][h2]By Gordon Edes[/h2][h2]ESPNBoston.com[/h2]

BOSTON -- After going hitless Tuesday for a second straight game to start the season, Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz lashed out at reporters when reminded that his struggles last April and May would be a hot topic if he was slow at the start of this season as well.

"Good," he said, turning to face the reporters encircling him. "You guys wait till [expletive] happens, then you can talk [expletive]. Two [expletive] games, and already you [expletives] are going crazy.

"What's up with that, man? [Expletive]. [Expletive] 160 games left. That's a [expletive]. One of you [expletives] got to go ahead and hit for me."

Back
Top Bottom