OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

Pitching & Defense.........
pimp.gif

Horseface's debut tonight.

We didnt take advantage of mistakes last night. O well cant win em all.

And reporters shouldnt be on Ortiz just yet, I mean let the guy get like 15-20 at bats first before you all start panicking about whether he will ever hit a ball again. He hit the ball hard twice last night it just happened to be hit right into the shift with Cano chilling halfway into the outfield and damn near on the foul line. He doesnt look any where near as bad as he did last year at the plate. Last year he just looked lost.

Atleast this year hes making good contact, hes just not finding the right holes yet.

yeah i'd give the dude 3 series to show signs of life before we crucify him. although i was calling for adrian gonzalez last night at the bar
laugh.gif

don't like how ESPN puts the blame on scutaro with their little headline...i mean yeah not a great throw...but it's diggable. it wasn't awful. i played 1B growing up and while the E goes to 6...we always had an understanding it was 50-50 on our team.

loving the beltre addition so far...he's started well. hope he can keep it up.

vic...ma man
pimp.gif

NEED to hit andy hard tonight.

i mean in the second half last season he was fine...not like he was with manny...but respectable at least. but waiting that long for him to come around killed us.

that said, i'd have no problem pulling the plug two weeks into the season.

I have no problem if they can get someone better to bat for him. Right now what is our other option? Mike Lowell? I mean sure give him some plate appearances see what he can do, maybe parade him out there for other teams to see he can still hit for them. But Lowell isnt the answer either.

Ya'll will be calling for Scutaro's head in a matter of weeks. His last year seems like a fluke based on his numbers

I wouldnt call for Ortiz yet, Ill give him a bit longer, especially after I saw this

wink.gif

Best ESPN commercial ever lol

nah scutaro will be straight...it won't be hard to be an upgrade over the lugo/green/lowrie combo from last year
laugh.gif

Ace i have to agree with that! Lugo was
sick.gif
and paying him 9 mil on top of that made matters worse
smh.gif

Lackey's up tonight.

I don't know why everybody is getting on Ortiz lately? Sure, he's about 0 for 7 and it really is the third game of the season. I know he's not the Ortiz of '03-'07 but you have to give the some at-bats because he is hitting the ball hard but he's hitting to the shift. If those hits were hit onto the opposite field he'll be like 3 for 8 right now.

he needs to learn to go the other way...he should be pushing the ball when they shift on him like crazy...of course, that's easier said than done and most hitters are usually really locked in when they're going to the opposite field with it

OHHHHHHH EMMMMMMMMM GEEEEEEEEEEE

DAVID ORTIZ KNOWS HOW TO HIT THE BALL.

But 4real Boston media over there soundin like NY media with one hand on the panic button at all times. And they arent even talking about Texiera and hes like 0-10 or something like that. So everyone just take it easy

Edit: 0-11 he just struck out looking.

damn...sucks to lose that one after keeping their offense in check (relatively)

lackey looked good tho. and ortiz came through with something. papelbon's @$%%%$* stays trying to blow people away with fastball after damn fastball...when will he learn.

we neet to get rid of paps and move bard to the closing spot... and i was a huge papelbon fan.

too early for bard to close...pap can still close, just needs to stop being so arrogant with that fastball of his

definitely need to get the bats in sync tho...no excuse for one run tonight

Back
Top Bottom