Official Californication Season 6 Thread

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The jump ahead three years is good for the storyline, for multiple reasons: 
Agreed, sometimes it can be a cheap ploy by the writers but I like what they've done so far.
Haven't seen last nights but I've liked the first two. The show can certainly repeat a similar trend of Hank trying to better himself then messing up, but that's central to the show, so they need to find new scenarios and let him grow a little but still struggle. With advancing the show a few years, Becca is a far more independent character and combine that with Hank seemingly moving on from Karen, it's a big step for the show.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The jump ahead three years is good for the storyline, for multiple reasons: 
Agreed, sometimes it can be a cheap ploy by the writers but I like what they've done so far.
Haven't seen last nights but I've liked the first two. The show can certainly repeat a similar trend of Hank trying to better himself then messing up, but that's central to the show, so they need to find new scenarios and let him grow a little but still struggle. With advancing the show a few years, Becca is a far more independent character and combine that with Hank seemingly moving on from Karen, it's a big step for the show.

This.

The show was becoming a bit formulaic like Dexter, glad they switched it up.

Toine i was thinking the exact same thing, thats why i was wondering before where the show was heading. It seems like everybody is getting their life together. The show used to focus so much on hank messing up, then having to win back karen and becca.

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

Toine i was thinking the exact same thing, thats why i was wondering before where the show was heading. It seems like everybody is getting their life together. The show used to focus so much on hank messing up, then having to win back karen and becca.
It's not so much about getting their lives together, it's about just moving on. They're all still messed up. But now we don't have to deal with (as you stated) Hank continually trying to win his family back. There's a true barrier that hasn't been seen since Season 1 (Karen being engaged), and they took it to the next level with Karen being re-married now. As absurd as the show is, I think it's the realest thing they've done.

Oh, and can't believe it's the fifth season now. Damn.

EP3 was very good, but I can't wait for next weeks EP, Hanks girls comes to LA,
laugh.gif
, should be dope!

Just downloaded EP 2 & 3 the other day.. hopefully i can get around to it this week..

Megan
pimp.gif

I thought the third episode was the best so far. While I don't quite get why the nanny would be into Charlie, the awkwardness was well worth it as he immediately tried to finger #!$! her
laugh.gif
Marcy and Stu continue to be a great source of comedy, his interest when Charlie said ATM
laugh.gif

I really liked the nice callback to Hank finishing any work and having some whiskey, weed, and listening to Warren Zevon.. he did the same thing when he finished Ashby's book. I also like Tyler admitting he was cheating on Becca just to further parallel he and Hank, as well as Becca and her mom. As Becca said, now she understands how her mom would always take Hank back despite being an *+$*%@@, she still loved him.

RZA and Hank had good chemistry this episode, from Samurai telling Hank to call him Calvin... then to him putting a gun to his head as a joke.. don't quite know what to expect out of him. And Meagan is still amazing, of course.

Nest week seems more wild and fun with the ex-girl back in the picture, should be a good one.

EP3 was great.

There was so much suspension during those RZA scenes.

They're doing well with this season. I'm very pleased.

Charlie with the fast hands had me dying. i think we can all relate....

im pretty sure im in love with the nanny. i read an interview she did in Esquire and she talked about 'getting naked on Californication' ... so we have that to look forward to.

again, Bates is awesome and Karen/Becca are intolerable b words. crossing my fingers for some type of terrible fire that they can die in, that sends hank into another crazy downward spiral. *shrug

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lnwussPxv71qbmigqo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

shogun wrote:
I know all of us want to see Megan Good's boobs but it probably won't happen if we're already 2 episodes in.  Hope i'm wrong though.  It's also kind of awkward when Samurai calls Hank the n word.  
laugh.gif
It took 1.5 seasons for us to see lake bell's *******.

That's because htmiia sucked.  Californication is a great show and usually delivers with showing the goods.  Sasha Bingham last season was 
smokin.gif
devil.gif
Can't wait for that hot babysitter to show her goods.  
laugh.gif
 at her telling Charlie you can't go from kissing straight to fingerblasting her.  Sounded like he wanted to settle down again, maybe marry her if it goes well.

Hank's way of saying "mother $+**+$" is one of my favorite things on the show... I say it the same way all the time.

This show is now so bad that I'm thinking about changing my sn. Last season was bad and now this show jumped the shark with the ebonics exchange at the pool between Hank and RZA . I have no idea what the writers are doing.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

This show is now so bad that I'm thinking about changing my sn. Last season was bad and now this show jumped the shark with the ebonics exchange at the pool between Hank and RZA . I have no idea what the writers are doing.

This season is already better than season 4.

I'm convinced that you're either a film student in a former life or a budding writer/critic...no offense of course. 
laugh.gif

This show was never THAT good where I'd be disappointed if it jumped the shark. The whole ebonics thing is a bit corny but certain phrases Hank pulls off well and give me a chuckle.

The show entertains just from the $+#% Hank gets in to and random sex scenes.

That dinner scene was tough to get through though.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by HankMoody

This season is already better than season 4.

I'm convinced that you're either a film student in a former life or a budding writer/critic...no offense of course. 
laugh.gif

nah

I think the season is good so far. Yea the ebonics exchange is corny at times. Interested in the direction it's headed
Carrie is sexy....I have a slight feeling that she will be back

I have no idea what others in this thread are finding redeemable. The dinner conversation last night was excruciating. The last 3 minutes of the show, just Hank and Karen reminiscing and exploring his angst, was great. That's what made the show great in the first place. Too bad the other 25 minutes were terrible.

house of lies is definitely not better

from the preview of next weeks episode it looks like hank might have a chance to get back with karen

Few shows continue at a high level for the entire run. The show hit a wall with Hank and Karen, so making her get married to Bates was a good advancement, same with skipping ahead in time a few years.

I agree, the last few minutes with Hank and Karen were the best part, but the show never was dramatic for the entire episode in the past.. maybe the comedy was better written than now, but the basic dynamic of the show is the same. The show didn't jump the shark with the ebonics conversation, Hank has always spoken like that.. now he just has someone who calls him on it. The show's range is limited thematically.. I think they've exhausted what they can and now they're trying to get Hank to come to terms with the changes in his life, in both his career and family.

Runkle.
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

alien.gif

My favorite character on the show.

great episode tonight 
runkle and bates had me 
laugh.gif

and i called it last week, looks like karen and hank might end up back together.

Back
Top Bottom