OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Man I started reading Deadpool I was so back logged on the current series. Skottie young has a nice fun take on him. He stays true to the character with some good stories.

It's hard lately to read everything I cop. Anything TMNT is literally the only thing I read almost immediately. Got to have a day I just read some books and catch up.
I hear you man. I bought a couple of trades 3 weeks ago and the new Ascender two weeks ago and haven't touched any of it. Smh.

Man I started reading Deadpool I was so back logged on the current series. Skottie young has a nice fun take on him. He stays true to the character with some good stories.

It's hard lately to read everything I cop. Anything TMNT is literally the only thing I read almost immediately. Got to have a day I just read some books and catch up.
Been trying to do the same for months.

I just finished Slott's run on Spider-Man :lol: Mind you I still cop weekly or bi-weekly to keep up :lol: :smh:

I'm still in 2018 on many other books.

Finally got my hands on the true first appearance of Gambit issue.

Now I am waiting for the X-Men 266 issue, with the appearance and intro of Gambit price to drop since they cancel the movie. :lol: The best I found was $100.

10F83A0A-FE5C-4DB1-9409-3699E213A2B6.jpeg

Finally got my hands on the true first appearance of Gambit issue.

Now I am waiting for the X-Men 266 issue, with the appearance and intro of Gambit price to drop since they cancel the movie. :lol: The best I found was $100.

10F83A0A-FE5C-4DB1-9409-3699E213A2B6.jpeg
Man, that Gambit issue has been hovering $100 for the past 2-3 years lol. Not sure if it'll drop lower than that

Been a minute. My backlog is the worst it's ever been. Hopefully I can get back to reading comics soon. Just happy my shop held down my box during the rough periods.

Hickman on X-Men is nuts. I gotta catch up on this current Uncanny run.

I have Last Knight on my list. I haven't read it yet. It's Black Label, but I wasn't sure if it's canon or not. Do I need to be caught up on The Batman Who Laughs or any of the Source Wall plotlines from Snyder's JL run? I just saw Bats holding a lantern with Jokers head in it and didn't want any spoilers. :lol:

I gotta catch up on Spawn too. Last one I read was in the middle of that Tokyo arc from last year. Pretty stoked for #300. McFarlane and Capullo BOTH doing the art. :wow:

54234029_2062769650496808_6065581959134821693_n.jpg

60603080_2255447474535586_421547183427768138_n.jpg

You can read 2014's Detective Comics #27 Anniversary Issue before The Last Knight On Earth #1
Issue #2 drops July 31

Just caught up with current run of The Immortal Hulk :nthat:

Finished thes runs of X-Men Blue/Gold/Red/Black, Slott's run on Spidey, Ahmed's & Ward's Black Bolt, Costa's Venom/Bunn's Venom

Still got a bunch of Marvel 2018 comics to finish. Not to mention sone image books, Aftershock, and Lion Forge.

Finished thes runs of X-Men Blue/Gold/Red/Black, Slott's run on Spidey, Ahmed's & Ward's Black Bolt, Costa's Venom/Bunn's Venom

Still got a bunch of Marvel 2018 comics to finish. Not to mention sone image books, Aftershock, and Lion Forge.
How was the X-Men run?

How was the X-Men run?
I liked Red the most. Been saying for a while Jean needs to come back and run things.

Blue was somewhat surprisingly good since I didnt care for the original 5 but it was Bunn writing.

Gold was the most reductive and boring.

After finishing some other stuff I'll get to the event that gets rid of the O5, then X-Men disassembled, and Uncanny.

Last edited:
I have Last Knight on my list. I haven't read it yet. It's Black Label, but I wasn't sure if it's canon or not. Do I need to be caught up on The Batman Who Laughs or any of the Source Wall plotlines from Snyder's JL run? I just saw Bats holding a lantern with Jokers head in it and didn't want any spoilers. :lol:

I gotta catch up on Spawn too. Last one I read was in the middle of that Tokyo arc from last year. Pretty stoked for #300. McFarlane and Capullo BOTH doing the art. :wow:

54234029_2062769650496808_6065581959134821693_n.jpg

60603080_2255447474535586_421547183427768138_n.jpg
Whew

I just finished Heroes in Crisis today and my god that must be the worst DC event I ever read. Good art but Jesus the story sucked ***. What a waste of time.

I just finished Heroes in Crisis today and my god that must be the worst DC event I ever read. Good art but Jesus the story sucked ***. What a waste of time.
Ahh, that's disappointing. I was given the Batman: Metal trades and have yet to start those. Hoping that's a good read.

Started House of X and Powers of X. I have no idea what is going on after issue #1. But with #2 of Powers of X, I got a better understanding. Still debating if I should continue the book.

Read Absolute Carnage. I think I may follow that tile for Cates' writing and Stegman's artwork alone.

Also read the first issue of White Knight. Not sure if I want to continue that.

Having an argument about the infinity gauntlet. Does it actually materialize things in to reality. Or does it make your senses think things have materialized?
So could the guanlet lets say make a sword for you so u can fight

Having an argument about the infinity gauntlet. Does it actually materialize things in to reality. Or does it make your senses think things have materialized?
So could the guanlet lets say make a sword for you so u can fight
Yes it actually materializes things in reality.

The reality stone alone can do that.

Back
Top Bottom