OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Don’t know if there is an actual comic book thread but I was in the bookstore earlier today and ended up spending a ton of time in the comic section and ended up copping a Wolverine & Gambit book and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I’ve been thinking throughout the day about getting back into comics but just keep remembering being in that section of the store and feeling completely and utterly overwhelmed :lol:

Y’all got any recommendations of stories and or characters to get back into? Thanks

I posted this in the MCU thread, didn’t know we had a comic book thread, but I’m kinda intrigued by getting back into comics and like I posted I just copped that Gambit Wolverine joint and enjoyed that one. Was wondering if y’all had any jumping off points where I can get back into the comic game.

I enjoy the hell out of the MCU, as most people in the world, but honestly don’t know much about their characters outside the films. I loved the X-Men tv show from the early to mid 90’s, and Batman Beyond was my shiiiii. If anything good within that realm that y’all could point me to much appreciated. :pimp:

Comics Twitter is Going Nuts Over An Alternative-History Spider-Man Comic From Mexico

RfxEEFY_d.jpg

xcU1qEo_d.jpg

rHzr4tB_d.jpg

dPGjtej_d.jpg

p1GXFai_d.jpg

2WKtSPo_d.jpg

0VMNZgU_d.jpg

:pimp:

Pretty cool story. Hope those issues get translated.

Issue #1 will be copped

I'm looking forward to this story arc. This may get me back to subscribing. We'll see.

Interested how this new character will be implemented in the arc as well. Cool to see representation in the comic books!

Jemas, Alonso Recruit Major Creators To Launch a New Superhero Universe, AWA Comics

Former Marvel publisher Bill Jemas and ex-Editor-in-Chief Alex Alonso have teamed up to launch to a new comic book publisher named Artists, Writers & Artisans.

Bad-Mother.jpg

Fight-Girls.jpg

AWA's launch slate will feature stories co-existing in a shared universe, but won't be relegated to just superhero stories.

American-Ronin.jpg

Archangel-8-b.jpg

"What we're offering creators is an opportunity to bet on themselves without putting it all on the line," Alonso added, indicating that their stable of writers and artists includes both veterans and newcomers. To refine the projects, AWA will be employing a creative council, which boasts screenwriter and director Reginald Hudlin, novelists Margaret Stohl and Gregg Hurwitz, comic book writer Garth Ennis and, last but not least, the man who'll be in charge of the origin point for AWA's heroes, J. Michael Straczynski.

Last edited:
Interested in seeing House of X.

Co-worker gifted me War of Realms #1. Haven't read it yet. Hoping it's good.

Not sure the background of House of X. But I do know Hickman confirmed everyone in that main photo has a role in the arc. It’ll be interesting.

use to collect a little when i was younger but haven't bought in decades
slowly getting back with all these comic book movies

picked myself up a uncanny x men omnibus at the book store and really enjoying it. only thing that sucks is that it's heavy and you can't really lie down and read it :lol:

was looking into getting some other books, but either they are out of print or expensive
what sites do you guys use?

Haven't had the time to start reading War of the Realms. Hopefully I can this week.

Interested in Waid's work on the X-Men. Hopefully it's good.

just reserved my copies of the new filipina super hero at the comic book shop near my work...

#pinoypride

^^ Apparently he's still alive

Been reading the latest Thor run. It's pretty good

War of the Realms tho is meh to me. Is it just me are all of these Marvel books from the last few years trying super hard to mimic the MCU?

In the sense that they're shoehorning popular movie characters every chance they get (Thanos in the Thor run comes to mind) and every other line of dialogue is a MCU-esque quippy joke

Is it because comics sales have slumped and they're simply structuring their print media to resemble their biggest moneymaker?

Another thing I noticed is that in damn near every book the art is pure fire. Not complaining

Last edited:
^^ Apparently he's still alive

Been reading the latest Thor run. It's pretty good

War of the Realms tho is meh to me. Is it just me are all of these Marvel books from the last few years trying super hard to mimic the MCU?

In the sense that they're shoehorning popular movie characters every chance they get (Thanos in the Thor run comes to mind) and every other line of dialogue is a MCU-esque quippy joke

Is it because comics sales have slumped and they're simply structuring their print media to resemble their biggest moneymaker?

Another thing I noticed is that in damn near every book the art is pure fire. Not complaining
I think that's a big part of it. Trying to capture the fans with relevant characters from the MCU and come up with some wild major events.

Bunch of new Marvel writers (Donny Cates & Nick Spencer) that have done a solid job with their titles (Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom). Interested in seeing what Waid and Hickman do with their upcoming X-Titles.

Started reading Vol. 2 of Gideon Falls. Really good book.

Still haven't read issues 1 & 2 of War of Realms lmao

Man I started reading Deadpool I was so back logged on the current series. Skottie young has a nice fun take on him. He stays true to the character with some good stories.

It's hard lately to read everything I cop. Anything TMNT is literally the only thing I read almost immediately. Got to have a day I just read some books and catch up.

Back
Top Bottom