OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Marvel/Hip-Hop Variant Inspired Albums Officially Releasing

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cul...s-variant-album-covers-vinyl-hip-hop-reissues

invim2015001_hiphop_layers.jpg

pun2016001_dc21.jpg

coc2015001_hiphopvar.jpg

I’ve always enjoyed the superhero cartoons from the 90s, movies, and video games. But I’d never actually read any comics they were based on.

Decided to start giving them a shot a few days ago. Put a good amount of research into it, and started with the DC Rebirth. Was wondering if there were particular ones you guys recommend. Also reading some Runaways along with it.

I’ve always enjoyed the superhero cartoons from the 90s, movies, and video games. But I’d never actually read any comics they were based on.

Decided to start giving them a shot a few days ago. Put a good amount of research into it, and started with the DC Rebirth. Was wondering if there were particular ones you guys recommend. Also reading some Runaways along with it.
Jason Aaron's Thor run. You can pick up the trades. Start with Thor: God of Thunder, then on to Mighty Thor.

From Rebirth I really like Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Deathstroke, and Action Comics (Jurgens run). Recently I'm really liking The Immortal Hulk and Hawkman.

Updated shelf of the Marvel omnis

AA0-A97-A6-94-AF-4294-A22-B-18-C27-D49-D9-E0.jpg

A couple that I want to cop really soon but I should chill :lol:

Dope collection my man!

Glad to see there are Nt'ers who are into collected editions.
I try to pick up selected floppies of certain titles, but reading a trade or omni is way easier than going back to find all the singles.

Plus they just look too damn good on the bookshelf imo:pimp:

Nice p/u!
Did you get the Clone Saga Omni's?
I know they werent the greatest, but I grew up in that era of comics so I love it lol.

Nah I passed on it. Definitely not my favorite story :lol:

If I ever see it dropping to around $40-$50 per volume, I might think about it.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Hows the current X-Men and Uncanny X-Men run? Is Wolverine finally back?
Weekly Uncanny X-Men led to the Age of X-Man event and a relaunch of UXM where recently ressurrected Cyclops and resurrected a long while ago Wolverine form a new X-Men while all of the other X-Men are gone.

Haven't caught up on my X-Books so I have no clue.

It was good. A strong effort for an artist turned writer. I mean theyre all storytellers but it all worked out well for a project on that scale.

Liked his take on the Joker.

Anyone read Batman White Knight? What did you think?
I really liked the story and the direction he took with Joker. That was refreshing and to see the reasons why Batman was the ‘villain’ was cool to see.

Back
Top Bottom