OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I want to get into Gambit. What are some books/series of his to start with?

Start with first appearance in Uncanny X-Men #266 up to #267 and then continue on with
  • Gambit vol. 1 #1-4
  • X-Men vol. 2 (especially #1, 4, 8-9, 28, 33, 41, 45, 46-47, 81, 90, 109, 157-158, 163, 165, 171-174, 181-187, 200, 204)
  • Uncanny X-Men #273, 312, 326, 343, 348, 350, 361
  • Gambit & The X-Ternals
  • Gambit/Wolverine: Victims
  • X-Men Unlimited vol. 1 #7
  • Gambit vol. 2 #1-4
  • Gambit Wizard Special #½
  • Gambit Annual ‘99
  • Gambit vol. 3
  • Gambit Annual 2000
  • Xtreme X-Men #4-10, 16-19, 31, 43, 46
  • Gambit vol. 4
  • Messiah Complex
  • X-Men Legacy #212-214, 224, 229, 234, 250
  • X-Men Hellbound #1-3
  • X-23 vol. 3
  • Gambit vol. 5
  • Astonishing X-Men #46-68
  • All New X-Factor
Also check out X-Men: Dark Mirror and X-Men Origins: Gambit

and

s-l1600.png

Why does Batman hate Robin /Nightwing so much ?
Based on the current Batman run, he's just being highly overprotective and doesn't want either of them to get hurt. In his last arc, he was fighting Failsafe and he didn't want anyone else involved because only he knew how to solve the issue. But in the later issues, he realized how important each member of the Bat-family is to him and to one another.

So my buddy's brother-in-law died suddenly over the summer and my buddy asked if I could come down to the Bronx to the BiLs apartment and look over the guy's comic book collection. Got here at noon, it's now 1am and so far I've cataloged about half of the stuff worth logging. So far 1k books logged on the Realm, worth about $8k in conditional book value. Slew of mid-grade silver Marvel - mostly ASM, Hulk and F4. He also has like every Punisher comic ever published, with doubles of a lot of them. Dude has like 8 longboxes just of random common stuff from the last like 3 years here, too. Tomorrow AM we're heading over to a storage facility nearby where there's like another 20 longboxes stored away - apparently that's a lot of silver, as well. I'm taking half of them home to go through cuz I can't stay down here another day.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Anyway, I'll have to come back down in a few weeks with a cargo van to haul this all off back to my local shop in MA to sell it all off because I just don't have the space for all of it (and I'm a DC guy, anyway).

So my buddy's brother-in-law died suddenly over the summer and my buddy asked if I could come down to the Bronx to the BiLs apartment and look over the guy's comic book collection. Got here at noon, it's now 1am and so far I've cataloged about half of the stuff worth logging. So far 1k books logged on the Realm, worth about $8k in conditional book value. Slew of mid-grade silver Marvel - mostly ASM, Hulk and F4. He also has like every Punisher comic ever published, with doubles of a lot of them. Dude has like 8 longboxes just of random common stuff from the last like 3 years here, too. Tomorrow AM we're heading over to a storage facility nearby where there's like another 20 longboxes stored away - apparently that's a lot of silver, as well. I'm taking half of them home to go through cuz I can't stay down here another day.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Anyway, I'll have to come back down in a few weeks with a cargo van to haul this all off back to my local shop in MA to sell it all off because I just don't have the space for all of it (and I'm a DC guy, anyway).
Holy christ... well I just got home from NYC. By the time I finished trying to consolidate the stuff at the apartment there were 24 longboxes and 16 short. The storage facility this AM turned out to have 38 longboxes and 19 short. We only went through like a third of them because I had to hit the road, but again it was mostly silver/bronze Marvel (full runs of vol. 1 Doctor Strange, vols. 1 & 2 of 1970s Ghost Rider, runs of early F4, lots of singles of Tales of Suspense, Strange Tales, etc.) and stuff from like 2010-2018 or so (post-Civil War-era Marvel, whole DC New 52 series, incl. full run of Batman vol. 2, etc.). We didn't even crack the back 24 long boxes so lord only knows what's back there.

All told, the total collection is the equivalent of EIGHTY longboxes. I brought a dozen boxes home to take a sampling of this stuff to the shop this week, but this is gonna keep my local shop supplied on back issues and "wall books" for years. My buddy was like "I thought you'd keep this stuff at your house until you finished cataloging it." I was like, dude, I've been collecting comics seriously for 20 years and this collection is like 50% bigger than what I have. Ain't no way in hell I'm holding onto this stuff :lol:.

Anyone ever sell a big collection of mixed stuff like this before in bulk? I'm guessing I'll get like 25-33% conditional book value for the "money" books - so like $50-75 for a 7.0 that's worth like $200? I might cherry-pick a few boxes of decent stuff to hold onto myself (they told me to, actually), but I'd like to get rid of like 90% of it all at once, knowing full well I'll only get like 50 cents a book for the bagged/boarded commons and like 10-25 cents for the loosies.

My suggestion would be to cherry pick some of the bigger stuff

And if you find any ASM from Big Time through SpiderVerse to let me get em lol

My suggestion would be to cherry pick some of the bigger stuff

And if you find any ASM from Big Time through SpiderVerse to let me get em lol
I was just gonna ask if he had any ASM Big Time and issue #700 variants in that collection lol

Just some of the stuff I pulled from one of the short boxes. This box is all the 2014/15 lead-up/Spider-verse stuff. ASM vol3, 2099, Ultimate... etc. This is gonna be a wild f'ing ride....

20230919_190916.jpg

So I just finished going through most of the boxes I brought home, and there's a slew of commons from 2011-2014 (as well as a slightly disturbing # of doubles, and in the case of Cap #1 from 2013, quadruples).

But there was also some really great stuff, including:
  • Just about every New 52 issue of all DC series from 2011
  • A DF ASM #50/491 (from '03) signed & numbered (455 of 699) by John Romita Jr. w/ COA (keeping)
  • A great condition Phantom Stranger #6 with a sick Neal Adams cover (keeping)
  • A nearly complete run of silver Tales to Astonish from like #71-100 in pretty damn good condition, including #91, 92 & 93, but unfortunately no #90 (selling)
  • Just about every silver/bronze Sub-Mariner from issue 3 on (selling)
  • And finally, an absolutely pristine, like 9.8, Wolverine #1 from '88 that I'm sure the shop owner wil get slabbed (I already have 2 loose high-grade copies of this myself).
So that's all just from the relatively few boxes I pulled from the very front of the storage space. There's still 28 long boxes and 15 short boxes that haven't even been opened yet back in the storage unit. I'll go get those in October and let y'all know what I find.

Anyway, I'll update y'all on what from this initial load I sell and how much I get for it all. I'll head over to the shop at lunchtime Friday with a couple sample boxes and see what he says. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom