Official DA HEMI thread

Scats u can find deals anywhere, these lots got 10+ sitting at all times. Idk I never looked at a cat myself but with all the people around me I know copping em, I believe that price is still a thing cuz these dudes bread ain’t super long like that. Dude at the gas station by my crib got a srt rango and say he got it for 53k.
I don’t think those Durango’s are selling good. I’ve legit only seen one. Most I see are R/T with the appearance package

32k can’t find a Scat here under 38/40
My brother went to Michigan and got his Charger said I wasn’t going back that place was bad luck got two flat tires in the same day but might make a trip

Got 06 Daytona now looking at one of the newer ones in the same color
Don’t know if I want the 5.7 or 6.4
6.4!

10364_White.jpg

I don’t think those Durango’s are selling good. I’ve legit only seen one. Most I see are R/T with the appearance package
srt ones just dropped...

durangos got popular in nyc overnight damn near lol

srt ones just dropped...

durangos got popular in nyc overnight damn near lol
I wouldn’t say just dropped. They been on lots since early 2018 atleast in MI

In MI people cop with a quickness and like I said awhile back, trackhawks sitting. My dealership sells everything without issue, same trackhawk they got sitting front of the dealership since March when I first sag it

Another one up north more one tucked away in the lot hiding for just as long if not longer

In MI people cop with a quickness and like I said awhile back, trackhawks sitting. My dealership sells everything without issue, same trackhawk they got sitting front of the dealership since March when I first sag it

Another one up north more one tucked away in the lot hiding for just as long if not longer
prolly seen 1-2 srt durangos driving around since they came out
always see rt or sxt ones
the dealerships by me
has the same srt durangos since they released

People got smart and gonna wait the price out. I remember the first dudes in the city with hellcats were these twins. Both got black and they were paying almost a grand a month, now dudes got em for half that a month. People just gonna wait it out til the rebates, mark up goes down etc. i seen a few trackhawks out not many, I see far more srt rangos

People got smart and gonna wait the price out. I remember the first dudes in the city with hellcats were these twins. Both got black and they were paying almost a grand a month, now dudes got em for half that a month. People just gonna wait it out til the rebates, mark up goes down etc. i seen a few trackhawks out not many, I see far more srt rangos
yeah ive seen a few trackhawks out
but they was just coasting
ive RARELY seen rebates on hellcats
at least if u tryna buy not lease

What’s the price for the engine

[
upload_2018-11-4_1-42-24.gif

1,000-HP DODGE 'HELLEPHANT' V8 TURNS CLASSIC CARS INTO MODERN MONSTERS
Hell to the yes.
BY BRANDON FRIEDERICH , NOV 3, 2018
hellephant-6.jpg

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

hellephant-3.jpg

and Mopar are bringing hypercar-levels of horsepower to classic American muscle with their 1,000-hp "Hellephant" V8.

The new engine, revealed at the 2018 SEMA show in Las Vegas, is a 426 Supercharged Crate Hemi that uses parts from the 800-hp power plant in the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye.

The name itself is a tribute to the legendary 426 Hemi engine, first introduced in 1964 and nicknamed the "elephant" for its power and size.

hellephant-426-hemi-crate-engine.jpg

Motor 1 has further details:

As its name suggests, the Hellephant engine borrows most of its bones from the Dodge Hellcat motor.

It's larger, with a cylinder bore of 4.0 inches and a stroke of 4.125 inches, and lighter thanks to its aluminum construction instead of the standard Hellcat's iron block

The "Hellephant" was specifically designed for vehicles built prior to 1976. Mopar showcased its creation in a 1968 Dodge "Super Charger" Concept updated with a six-speed manual transmission, Hellcat wheels, a "De Grigio" grey metallic paint coat and a modern interior.

hellephant-2.jpg

"Our enthusiasts crave power and performance, and our new 'Hellephant' Mopar Crate HEMI engine and kit deliver huge horsepower and torque in a plug-and-play package that is unique in the industry," said Steve Beahm, Head of Parts & Service (Mopar) and Passenger Car Brands.

"The 1968 Dodge Charger is one of the hottest classic cars, which is why we decided to use it as a starting point for the 'Super Charger' Concept. It's an amazing vehicle and a great showcase for our 'Hellephant' engine."

Reports indicate that you can expect to spend upwards of $20,000 on the "Hellephant" when it drops next year. Take a closer look at its vessel, the Charger restomod, in the gallery above.

https://www.maxim.com/rides/dodge-hellephant-v8-2018-11

Has anyone lowered their Challenger/Charger.. im about to lower mine soon... just picked up some Hellcat Springs for my R/T Plus

Has anyone lowered their Challenger/Charger.. im about to lower mine soon... just picked up some Hellcat Springs for my R/T Plus
You’ll be fine, my buddy lowered his R/T challenger awhile back and he was on 22”s

Looked 100x better

No complaints about the ride either

You’ll be fine, my buddy lowered his R/T challenger awhile back and he was on 22”s

Looked 100x better

No complaints about the ride either

He has 22s tho... i have 20s (hellcat replicas)... I dont want a big wheel gap... but i live in the city and i dont anything to scrape my undercarriage

He has 22s tho... i have 20s (hellcat replicas)... I dont want a big wheel gap... but i live in the city and i dont anything to scrape my undercarriage

Yea the wheel gap was huge even with 20’s

The way the car sits up stock is OD because even with 2012 charger with the 20’s look bad

How much of an drop do you want? An inch? More?

Yes, Dodge Will Introduce A Charger SRT HELLCAT Redeye In 2020!
Performance Brand Will Introduce Trio Of Performance Sedans...
Mike Volkmann May 18, 2019

Throughout the week, we have been seeing articles pop up around the internet talking about Dodge getting ready to drop the hammer on a HELLCAT Redeye version of their upcoming Charger Widebody. As you may recall, MoparInsiders.com was the first two announce there would be two versions of the upcoming Charger Widebody for the 2020 model year. While we have been sitting back reading, we can now confirm and shed some details about the third Widebody Charger for the upcoming model year.

Charger-Widebody-Redeye-Green.jpg

Charger SRT HELLCAT Redeye Design. (MoparInsiders).
Yes, that is right. Dodge will indeed be putting the 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 from the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye in its four-door muscle car. The Dodge brand will announce the three cars later this summer, according to our sources. The performance brand will be showcasing the new Charger Widebody models, very similar to what they did with the Challenger lineup in the 2019 model year.

AbbyZarate21-Photo-1.jpg

2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Concept. (Abby Zarate).
So what does this mean? Dodge will introduce an entirely new hood for the HELLCAT and HELLCAT Redeye. No dual-snorkel hood here, the Charger will get a larger center air intake with the hood extractors moving back further up the hood towards the windshield. R/T Scat Pack models will now get the current SRT HELLCAT hood as standard equipment for 2020. As we said before, the brand will also be featuring an option “SRT Performance Spoiler” like that on the Challenger offerings.

We saw this spoiler on the Charger Widebody Concept shown at the SoCal Spring Fest event earlier this year. The dual five-spoke wheels shown on the Spring Fest concept will also make production in 2020 as well for HELLCAT and HELLCAT Redeye Widebody models. R/T Scat Pack Widebody models we are to believe will get the multi-spoke wheels that we showed you an earlier post.

2020-Dodge-Charger-SRT-HELLCAT-Widebody-2.jpg

2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Tester. (MoparInsiders).
Not only will the Charger get the update in power from the Redeye engine, but thanks to the same cold air intake system featured on the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the Charger SRT HELLCAT and Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody will get an official new power rating of 717 horsepower as well.

Inside, its much of the same. The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT and HELLCAT Redeye models received minor updates with features like Line Lock and improved Launch Control settings. The widebody kit will add an additional 3.5-inches to the body width, while 20-inch x 11-inch wheels equipped with Pirelli PZero 305/35ZR20 tires and larger six-piston Brembo brakes will also be standard on every Widebody model.

FCA.jpg

2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Concept. (FCA).
Here is what our sources are telling us…

2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT & HELLCAT Redeye Widebody:

• Introduction of the 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque SRT HELLCAT Redeye
  • SRT HELLCAT Redeye will have two-final drive ratios, standard 2.62 or available 3.09
  • New hood design for the 2020 Charger SRT HELLCAT models
  • Power increase to 717 horsepower and 656 lb.-ft. of torque on SRT HELLCAT models
  • Wheels from the Spring Fest Concept will make it to production on HELLCAT models
  • New SRT Performance Spoiler will be available
  • HELLCAT Redeye will feature SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller from the Challenger SRT Demon
2020 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack Widebody:

• Widebody will 3.5-inches to the width of Charger models
  • 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20-inch x 11-inch forged aluminum wheels
  • Suspension Upgrades
  • 2019 SRT HELLCAT hood is now standard on R/T Scat Pack
  • Larger six-piston Brembo front brakes
  • SRT Drive Modes and SRT Performance Pages
  • New SRT Performance Spoil

Yes, Dodge Will Introduce A Charger SRT HELLCAT Redeye In 2020!
Performance Brand Will Introduce Trio Of Performance Sedans...
Mike Volkmann May 18, 2019

Throughout the week, we have been seeing articles pop up around the internet talking about Dodge getting ready to drop the hammer on a HELLCAT Redeye version of their upcoming Charger Widebody. As you may recall, MoparInsiders.com was the first two announce there would be two versions of the upcoming Charger Widebody for the 2020 model year. While we have been sitting back reading, we can now confirm and shed some details about the third Widebody Charger for the upcoming model year.

Charger-Widebody-Redeye-Green.jpg

Charger SRT HELLCAT Redeye Design. (MoparInsiders).
Yes, that is right. Dodge will indeed be putting the 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 from the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye in its four-door muscle car. The Dodge brand will announce the three cars later this summer, according to our sources. The performance brand will be showcasing the new Charger Widebody models, very similar to what they did with the Challenger lineup in the 2019 model year.

AbbyZarate21-Photo-1.jpg

2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Concept. (Abby Zarate).
So what does this mean? Dodge will introduce an entirely new hood for the HELLCAT and HELLCAT Redeye. No dual-snorkel hood here, the Charger will get a larger center air intake with the hood extractors moving back further up the hood towards the windshield. R/T Scat Pack models will now get the current SRT HELLCAT hood as standard equipment for 2020. As we said before, the brand will also be featuring an option “SRT Performance Spoiler” like that on the Challenger offerings.

We saw this spoiler on the Charger Widebody Concept shown at the SoCal Spring Fest event earlier this year. The dual five-spoke wheels shown on the Spring Fest concept will also make production in 2020 as well for HELLCAT and HELLCAT Redeye Widebody models. R/T Scat Pack Widebody models we are to believe will get the multi-spoke wheels that we showed you an earlier post.

2020-Dodge-Charger-SRT-HELLCAT-Widebody-2.jpg

2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Tester. (MoparInsiders).
Not only will the Charger get the update in power from the Redeye engine, but thanks to the same cold air intake system featured on the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the Charger SRT HELLCAT and Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody will get an official new power rating of 717 horsepower as well.

Inside, its much of the same. The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT and HELLCAT Redeye models received minor updates with features like Line Lock and improved Launch Control settings. The widebody kit will add an additional 3.5-inches to the body width, while 20-inch x 11-inch wheels equipped with Pirelli PZero 305/35ZR20 tires and larger six-piston Brembo brakes will also be standard on every Widebody model.

FCA.jpg

2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Concept. (FCA).
Here is what our sources are telling us…

2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT & HELLCAT Redeye Widebody:

• Introduction of the 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque SRT HELLCAT Redeye
  • SRT HELLCAT Redeye will have two-final drive ratios, standard 2.62 or available 3.09
  • New hood design for the 2020 Charger SRT HELLCAT models
  • Power increase to 717 horsepower and 656 lb.-ft. of torque on SRT HELLCAT models
  • Wheels from the Spring Fest Concept will make it to production on HELLCAT models
  • New SRT Performance Spoiler will be available
  • HELLCAT Redeye will feature SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller from the Challenger SRT Demon
2020 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack Widebody:

• Widebody will 3.5-inches to the width of Charger models
  • 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20-inch x 11-inch forged aluminum wheels
  • Suspension Upgrades
  • 2019 SRT HELLCAT hood is now standard on R/T Scat Pack
  • Larger six-piston Brembo front brakes
  • SRT Drive Modes and SRT Performance Pages
  • New SRT Performance Spoil

murica'

Wonder if they ever figured out how widespread the issue was with the Demon basically spitting out its rear axle.

Back
Top Bottom