OFFICIAL Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread - DK,FD vol. Addictive Personalities Beware

Based on the RG thread posted above, there's valid cause for concern. They aren't just pulling this out of thin air

There is. But not what the NYT is trying to get across. They're using a fearful headline to get traffic. The headline is untrue. Like I said when I posted the link, a lot of that **** is tin foil hat on top of average joes who feel like they can't trust the sites (which is totally valid). From all accounts, he had the info well after lock on FD so that information was useless/not involved in his $350K winnings that Sunday. The main point and concern is who exactly is privy to this information and how early/readily available that information is.

Unfortunately, this is going to be a situation where people react emotionally first and feel like their suspicions are confirmed without knowing the entirety of the story or waiting for some sort of response.

Last edited:
^ From the Deadspin article that actually took the time to do research instead of trying to get views.

“According to a forum post by RotoGrinders co-founder Cal Spears that was corroborated by a DK executive, Haskell did not have access to the data before he set his winning lineup—a point that casts some doubt on butch headlines like The New York Times’s “Fantasy Sports Employees Bet at Rival Sites Using Inside Information”—but the availability of the information is still causing legitimate eyebrow-raising.”

I'm all for government/3rd party regulation, always have been. But to just post ******** and misinformation is something that shouldn't be tolerated. The people buying the crap the NYT is selling are all people who have felt a certain way about DFS from the beginning.

^ From the Deadspin article that actually took the time to do research instead of trying to get views.

“According to a forum post by RotoGrinders co-founder Cal Spears that was corroborated by a DK executive, Haskell did not have access to the data before he set his winning lineup—a point that casts some doubt on butch headlines like The New York Times’s “Fantasy Sports Employees Bet at Rival Sites Using Inside Information”—but the availability of the information is still causing legitimate eyebrow-raising.”

I'm all for government/3rd party regulation, always have been. But to just post ******** and misinformation is something that shouldn't be tolerated. The people buying the crap the NYT is selling are all people who have felt a certain way about DFS from the beginning.

So you are taking them at their word? Their word is the last thing I would trust in this scenario. Especially when there's money on the line. I'm already cashing out and moving my action elsewhere. Until I see proof then speculation is all I need to jump ship.

The people buying the crap the NYT is selling are all people who have felt a certain way about DFS from the beginning.
Yes and No. I'm not buying the crap but it doesn't stomach as a good topping when I was already having questions. Questions I definitely did not have in the beginning.

My paranoia is all stemmed from a group of separate instances.
   I'm already cashing out and moving my action elsewhere. Until I see proof then speculation is all I need to jump ship.
Better safe than on an uneven playing field. 

Last edited:
I'm taking the information that's out there and using that. I'm not one to be quick to jump up and say there's conspiracies everywhere. Foolish, maybe. But, until there are more facts, what else do you have to act on? Your own suspicions. The NYT article is literally one big op ed piece with a ton of misinformation. The Forbes piece that "broke" the news misquoted everyone and still gained traction. It's all about how the majority feels and the majority is either not in favor of DFS or wants gambling legalized as well.

I'm not saying there's not something fishy going on. This goes back to the scripting issue. But the overall point is being missed and people are just jumping on one person and one headline. The users as a whole deserve to know what kind of information employees at both major sites are privy to, how early they have that information and what's being done with that information. Who is to say that an employee isn't allowed to play on DK but sees who someone like Maxdalury is using before lineup lock at 7 and sends it to a friend to submit? That's what needs to come to the light. And if it's proved that there was "insider trading" occurring, the punishment and regulation should come down like a hammer.

Again, I've always been in support of major regulations and employees of any DFS entity not being able to play at all. I've told people at both sites in person that same thing and it's something they vehemently disagree with.

It's a huge black eye regardless.

I don't want to come off like an ******* or anything. Just trying to give information and come off as unbiased as I can.

I'm taking the information that's out there and using that. I'm not one to be quick to jump up and say there's conspiracies everywhere. Foolish, maybe. But, until there are more facts, what else do you have to act on? Your own suspicions. The NYT article is literally one big op ed piece with a ton of misinformation. The Forbes piece that "broke" the news misquoted everyone and still gained traction. It's all about how the majority feels and the majority is either not in favor of DFS or wants gambling legalized as well.

I'm not saying there's not something fishy going on. This goes back to the scripting issue. But the overall point is being missed and people are just jumping on one person and one headline. The users as a whole deserve to know what kind of information employees at both major sites are privy to, how early they have that information and what's being done with that information. Who is to say that an employee isn't allowed to play on DK but sees who someone like Maxdalury is using before lineup lock at 7 and sends it to a friend to submit? That's what needs to come to the light. And if it's proved that there was "insider trading" occurring, the punishment and regulation should come down like a hammer.

Again, I've always been in support of major regulations and employees of any DFS entity not being able to play at all. I've told people at both sites in person that same thing and it's something they vehemently disagree with.

It's a huge black eye regardless.

I don't want to come off like an ******* or anything. Just trying to give information and come off as unbiased as I can.
I definitely want gambling legalized lol....whether they're rigging things or not I don't see why the government isn't protecting the average customer from being victims of potential unethical practices 

It just rustles me because sports betting can't even get rigged the way DFS can ...yet one is legal and the other is not 
mad.gif

Exactly how I feel. Sports betting (and online poker at that) should definitely be legal and regulated.

The government just delegated it to the states and the states entrusted these sites to regulate on their own. I'd love to see it stay on a state level (if it goes to a country level, it'll be legal everywhere but there's also a shot it gets shot down like poker) and see the state take every measure to regulate hard.

At the end of the day, we're all in the 99% of people either doing this for fun or playing smaller stakes. Those are the people that these sites should be striving to protect and striving to make them feel comfortable. The fact that they are not and it's not the first time the average players and lower stakes players are feeling shafted and that's huge.

Regarding that article, man it's funny. I'm seeing all over Twitter people crying about how rigged it is and how the pros are winning all this money..blah blah blah. I'm eating enought to where I don't feel it's rigged and I don't even put in much time like the pros do nor put in as much money. If I don't make a profit nightly, I don't blame a rigged system, I blame myself for having a player or two just being off/picking the wrong players. It happens. Sunday I was a Cobb/Murray swap for Hurns/Charles away from winning 100k. It's **** like that, that can get you that close to cashing out.

I say all that to say, though I do feel like the workers at DK can exploit the game to a certain point (I've already talked about this a few weeks ago), I feel that the majority of people are speaking out because they are **** at DFS in general. They wanna blame a corrupted system on the pros with 500 entries in tourneys instead of realizing YOU pick your own lineup and put in the money you want to risk. Quit that whining ****.

I did pretty well this weekend. 1 or two players away from going full cash out in tourneys but it's cool. Just trying to build my bankroll up to a level where once NBA is here I can start playing every tourney/cash game possible every night, and NFL so far is making that quite easy for me right now. Basically already making up for the losses I took playing MLB every night :lol: I feel a big tourney win soon though..just hoping the guys in this thread can hit it big as well.

Last edited:
I remember being on fanduel when they had a live chat window. Bans were being handed out like crazy when John kunh would Score, people would type c**n . All day haha.

Last edited:
I've tried DK and I just didn't like the flex option. I'm sticking with FD. I make about 8-15 NFL lineups at a time. No time to think about a flex.

As far as the insider trading, probably going down, you got some shady individuals. I've been on a roll as of lately. So can't really complain. I just need to hit the top spot.

When it comes to NFL/NBA I'm FD heavy. I can't rock with how DK sets tourneys up sometimes man. I still play DK every night but I have a love/hate relationship with them lol.

That flex option can mess my LU thought process up, therefore FD comes in handy because it eliminates options for me for the better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom