Official ECF Game 1 5/20 8:30PM EST TNT Magic vs. Cavs

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

I dislike him because he's being placed in the upper echelon of NBA greats before he has even made any truly significant accomplishments. I dislike him because he has no business being mentioned in the same breath as MJ.

Winning an MVP isn't a significant accomplishment?
laugh.gif

Even though he shouldn't be compared to MJ, he still has more business being compared to MJ now than Kobe did during the slurpage-fest '98, betterknown as the 1998 NBA All-Star weekend when Kobe, with nothing but a bag of airballs thrown in the second round of the 97 playoffs against the Jazz as hiscareer accomplishments, for some reason started getting compared to MJ... Which caused many people, including myself, to hate Kobe.. Or should I say the hypearound Kobe.

Cavs can't win em' all...that "streak" had to come to an end at some point. All the props in the word to the Magic tho. I was listening toJohn Thompson's show on my drive home yesterday, and he was saying that if the Magic get in a 15 point hole (like the Lakers) they wouldn't be able tocome back. Well............
laugh.gif
Anyways, how much more can Lebron do? He had that whole damn team on his back last night. However, there was WAY too muchstanding around and watching from everone else not named Lebron. Hopefully this series goes six or seven games. Let's see what the Cavs are made of in game2. How they bounce back is more important than WINNING game 1. They haven't had a sniff of adversity in the playoffs...now is the time to see if this teamis for real...

eek.gif
@ that CL dunk....I'm sure the NBA will do everything in it's power to destroy any footage of that dunk on Lebron. Much like how we have to watchsome cloverfield quality vid (and it's a cell-phone video OF a replay on a jumbotron) of Al Harrington yamming on Lebron...
laugh.gif
Glad we got a .gif thistime

*Imma go back to that piece of !%@# Anderson Varejao...if i'm Lebron, I'm getting in his face and telling him to stop that $$%%%%$# "faking aninjury" mess.
laugh.gif
@ ANYONE who tries to justify what he did by saying "oh, he turned blue."
smh.gif
That was disgraceful. Magic should signDanny Fortson to a 2 hour contract just so he can REALLY foul AV, so this fool will actually have a legit reason to roll on the floor like that.

--Very entertaining game. I expected the Cavs to hold them off though. Magic 3ball was on point. Good 4th qtr for Lewis.
--Mo Williams has to back up LBJ better than he did.

Everyone talking about that play, but not talking about all the blocks had on D12 tonight.

You kidding me? ESPN must've showed LBJ's block on Howard 4 times since I been up, and it was a FOUL...yet it still gets praised like he's Deke outthere swatting away everything.
indifferent.gif
LBJ hammered the hell out of Dwight on that block and the only person to acknowledge it was Chuck after the game.

the nba doesn't want any dunking embarrassment on lebron, which is why bspn didnt show it on their highlights
laugh.gif

that courtney lee dunk on lebron was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
still waiting for D12 to throw it down on the mvp
devil.gif

^ D12 did dunk on LBJ, but LBJ just moved out of the way because he was actually trying to guard him as opposed to coming from the weakside. Dwight just turnedand poked over LBJ in the 3rd quarter, I believe.

lebron won't shoot this well the entire series ... the bench won't be so bad either ... d12 will continue to dominate ... magic 3 ball is a hit or miss...

its all about matchups ... i'm hoping the rest of the games are as good

As a Los Angeles Laker hater it pains me to say this. With Orlando going into Cleveland and beating them (even with Lebron dropping 49), I have no doubt theCavs stand absolutely no chance against the Lakers if they meet in the Finals.
smh.gif

Damn, these threads are entertaining as hell, with both game 1's in the bag, all of sudden all of the stans and haters come out ! WHY, can't we justenjoy the great basketball we are witnessing, personally, I think that this is the most balanced conference finals I have seen. All 4 teams are hungry andtalented with each respective captains taking the lead. Kobe, Lebron, Billups & Hedo are playing like they are suppose to be. The game was decided by freethrows and I guess having too much rest isn't a factor anymore. Let's just wait for the next game and save all of the !+%#$@@% comparison, sit back,relax and enjoy the playoffs. Whoever takes the chip deserves it even if I want Kobe to be victorious!!!

GREAT game last night.

After the Bulls/Celts series, round 2 was kinda blah, we had a couple game 7's, Orld/Boston was nice, the lakers/Rox was ok, but the last 4 games were allblowouts, but so far in two games in the conference finals, it's down to the final second, with HUGE performances.
eek.gif

Bron, Kobe, Melo, D12 all were men.

West, Fish, Ariza, Billups, Lewis all with clutch, last second shots/plays.......I mean, I don't see why people think the league is down, or havin issues.

Let's hope the rest of the series are this good, and the finals just as good.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Am I the only one that thinks Orlando will have a tough time scoring? I think LeBron may shut down Hedo just like he shut down Joe Johnson.

And when it comes to defending Cleveland, Z has been practicing 3's like I wish a (Dwight Howard) would think about just standing in the paint all day long.
Boy was I wrong about this one.

It looks like the LeBron's supporting cast didn't practice their 3s. The supporting cast choked.

Regardless, this the most entertaining Conference Finals in a looong time. Thanks to no Detroit or San Antonio.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

As a Los Angeles Laker hater it pains me to say this. With Orlando going into Cleveland and beating them (even with Lebron dropping 49), I have no doubt the Cavs stand absolutely no chance against the Lakers if they meet in the Finals.
smh.gif
why do you think that?...i honestly think both the magic and the cavs have a great chance to beat us in the finals...both teams are active ondefense and their interior defense is legit...cavs and the magic both are big time three point shooters...plus if we get passed denver thats a big IF and thecavs have homecourt i dont care about that one regular season win against them at the Q...the finals are a totally different story...but thats just my cup oftea

anyways its interesting to see how the cavs respond to their first loss in the playoffs...with that said theyll prob come out firing and win by a large margin

I didn't look at the other 85 pages of this thread but damn did anyone else think those refs were all over LeBron's jock?

Not only that, but if you're gonna give one superstar the benefit of the doubt, why not the other? Dwight probably should've had 1 foul last night, not6.

Just for the record, they have been showing the Lee dunk on LBJ on BSPN during the game recap to open the show.

Dwight gettin' the Melo treatment from the refs last night, but it doesn't matter because they won. I called this win yesterday afternoon. the rest ofmy theory was that Cavs would win the next four. good game, it's always good to see the underdog fight back form a big deficit to win.

yeah i can't believe the treatment howard was getting, i think i saw him get called for two offensive fouls which DEFINITELY shouldn't have beengiven..

the first game was amazing though, i love the tempo of this series so far.

cavs in 6 imo

As a Los Angeles Laker hater it pains me to say this. With Orlando going into Cleveland and beating them (even with Lebron dropping 49), I have no doubt the Cavs stand absolutely no chance against the Lakers if they meet in the Finals.
smh.gif
they don't stand a chance against the Lakers who went 7 games against a Houston team full of scrubs? just sayin'....

Originally Posted by denverairforce

smh.gif
they don't stand a chance against the Lakers who went 7 games against a Houston team full of scrubs? just sayin'....
Chill ...

Houston is nowhere near a team full of scrubs .

C.Lee didn't really dunk on King.
eyes.gif

If people can sit back and say John Starks dunked on Jordan back in the 90's then I have ZERO DOUBT King James got banged on.
wink.gif

1. Lee saw Lebron coming
2. Lebron Jumped
3. Contact was made
4. Bron was banged on.

He's been banged on before and he will be banged on again. Just have to post it because ESPN refuses to show Lebron in any ones poster but his own.

you know whats worse than niketalk? the realcavsfans.com board. all the supposed fans already gave up on this series now. some are calling for ferry to befired, some are wishing we would have brought shaq in, some are saying mo is worthless. seriously i gotta stay off that board for a while. like phil jacksonsaid about the rockets, we gotta give them some ****ing credit. cavs need to win game 2 at home then its best of 5. im not givin up yet. i dont care about therest of the fans

Back
Top Bottom