Official ECF Game 1 5/20 8:30PM EST TNT Magic vs. Cavs

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Lebron got dunked on in the very first game of his NBA career.

Summer league game 2003 in Orlando. Lebron's first "official" NBA game. Britton Johnson put it on him during a fast break. Very similar to what Lee did tonight. Britton is probably working overnight stock at a Target somewhere these days but he's got bragging rights for life
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's even funnier because I worked overnight stock at Target
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

C.Lee didn't really dunk on King.
eyes.gif

Um..I don't know about that. LeBron went up for the block and did not succeed in getting, yet Courtney Lee did succeed in getting his dunk.
Therefore, the conclusion should be that LeBron got dunked on.

I can't wait til Friday though, I want to see the passion/hunger in these teams come out. Regardless of what is to occur for the rest of the series, wewill see some beautiful basketball being played.

Originally Posted by belle155

you know whats worse than niketalk? the realcavsfans.com board. all the supposed fans already gave up on this series now. some are calling for ferry to be fired, some are wishing we would have brought shaq in, some are saying mo is worthless. seriously i gotta stay off that board for a while. like phil jackson said about the rockets, we gotta give them some ****ing credit. cavs need to win game 2 at home then its best of 5. im not givin up yet. i dont care about the rest of the fans
Every team has its set of fairweather/bandwagon fans.
smh.gif

Just be glad you ain't one of 'em..

Did ya'll know that Doug Collins used to coach MJ?

I mean, that totally came outta left field didn't it? Who saw that coming? Man, I'd never heard that before.

laugh.gif

I'm one of the biggest Knick fans on here and I've always said Starks dunked on Horace.

As for the Lee dunk, ok it wasn't Pippen on Ewing but don't act like Lebron wasn't trying to make a guaranteed SC top play. He got dunked on,simple.

And shuges, how many poeple are home now to see that highlight on SC now anyway? Why wait for the next morning to show the dunk?

The conspiracy is still in tact as far as I'm concerned. Thank God for DVR though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by belle155

you know whats worse than niketalk? the realcavsfans.com board. all the supposed fans already gave up on this series now. some are calling for ferry to be fired, some are wishing we would have brought shaq in, some are saying mo is worthless. seriously i gotta stay off that board for a while. like phil jackson said about the rockets, we gotta give them some ****ing credit. cavs need to win game 2 at home then its best of 5. im not givin up yet. i dont care about the rest of the fans
Every team has its set of fairweather/bandwagon fans.
smh.gif

Just be glad you ain't one of 'em..

word...i applaud you...i also applaud you for not coming into our threads to talk about the king

Originally Posted by CP1708

I mean, that totally came outta left field didn't it? Who saw that coming? Man, I'd never heard that before.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yah he had to mention this AGAIN last night not just once but twice.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yah he had to mention this AGAIN last night not just once but twice 17 times.
Fixed.

laugh.gif
@ people saying lebron got dunked on

being dunked on IMO, means the player being in front of him...and gets dunked on

did not happen
laugh.gif

im not a lebron fanboy

but if lebron was in front of him...trying to dunk...then ill admit it honestly

but until then
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

laugh.gif

being dunked on IMO, means the player being in front of him...and gets dunked on

did not happen
laugh.gif

im not a lebron fanboy

but until then
indifferent.gif
87885147.jpg

2468i6w.jpg

Where all the cavs fans at???? This thread is always on the 1st page. Orlando and Denver in the finals?? that would be nice.

Originally Posted by 531

laugh.gif

did not happen
laugh.gif

im not a lebron fanboy

but until then
indifferent.gif
87885147.jpg

2468i6w.jpg
that justifies .....NOTHING

he obviously coming from the side
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

PoeticJays wrote:

Chi ILL wrote:

PoeticJays wrote:

it seems like a lot of people hate/dislike LeBron because of the media attention he gets and all the 'slurping' from ESPN/TNT/ABC...etc but is
that

his fault? is it his fault that the media adores him? Or there's a double standard (i.e. not showing him getting dunked on)

how many people actually hate LeBron for what he does on the basketball court? It used to be 'he can't shoot', but if you watched the game

tonight, that's obviously not the case anymore.

The constant media attention does get tiring after a while, but I don't see how anyone can hate on his game. He plays the game the right way. How
many

other superstars constantly LOOK to pass and get his teammates involved? especially when he knows he can score pretty much anytime he wants.
Yes , the main reason I dislike LeBron is because of the slurpage & how he's hyped sooooo much .

He doesn't do anything that I haven't seen before ... he isn't anything new .

He's what ? 6'8 ? He gets a wide open dunk (WIDE OPEN!) , ESPN / TNT goes nutso .

Like ... ok ? It's just a dunk . They praise everything the man does .

The things that he does are really tiring to me .

In the NBA , Lebron can do no wrong , he thinks he's the father of everyone on his team ... like , really ?

His antics (throwing the powder up , the taking pictures , the making his team look smaller than him) ... thing is getting really old .

& as much as you guys mention that he looks to pass the ball , sure he does ...

But he still finds a way to make everyone else around him look small .

I just don't like him ... he's fake .

I can see your point about his antics (the chalk, pregame routine..etc), if you naturally don't like the dude, that is definitely something that can fuel
the fire.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but then again, I'm biased, I've been a fan of LeBron since he came into the league. But I see
where you're coming from.

But as for the part that he's 'nothing new', thats just completely false. We've never seen anyone like LeBron. Other players may have parts
of his game, or the individual things he can do aren't unique in the way that no one else ever did them before, but there's never been a player that
combines everything like LeBron. The athleticism, strength, speed, with the incredible skill level, ballhandling, vision..etc. He really is a unique player,
if you ignore the antics and media attention that causes you to hate dude, you can appreciate seeing a once-a-decade type of player, even if you don't
like him.

SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP

I dislike him because he's being placed in the upper echelon of NBA greats before he has even made any truly significant accomplishments. I dislike him
because he has no business being mentioned in the same breath as MJ. I dislike the antics too. And I also dislike him based partly on his
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
form when shooting, dribbling, etc. Just doesn't appeal to
me as there's very little to no smoothness to his game.

so you dislike him because of what the media and others think of him? How is that his fault what other people say about him? I'm guessing you dislike him more because Jerry West himself says he has the 'chance' to be the GOAT. So you're going to hold that against him. LeBron can't control what other people say about him. If people want to compare him to the Magics and Jordan's, what do you expect him to do? Say "no no STOP! Not yet!"
laugh.gif

you dislike him because his game isn't as smooth or pretty as you would like. Yet his 'unsmooth form' caused him to make 67% of his shots tonight, and shoot almost 50% for the season. His 'unsmooth' dribbling is a big reason why he's the most effective slasher in the league (you're going to say his strength/speed and although thats true, if he didn't have the handles none of that would matter)

and you dislike him for some of his 'antics'. What...the chalk? the pregame routine? those are done in good fun and in no way disgraces the game or his opponents in any manner. Or are you talking about his screaming/flexing/staring when he makes a big block/dunk/shot? Now tell me what great player doesn't do that?

good reaons to hate a player
laugh.gif

Yes, I dislike him because of what I think of him.

Oh yeah, I also dislike him because he's a subpar free throw shooter. Can't be the greatest shooting under 80%.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yah he had to mention this AGAIN last night not just once but twice.
8788DougCollinsWhiteRed.jpg

122837.jpg

ok doug, we get it...
roll.gif

dude probably has pics of him and mj framed over his bed

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by solefob

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

eek.gif

laugh.gif
LBJ tried to get his Kobe on and wound up getting embarrassed.� Courtney Lee's grandkids are going to be talking about this dunk.� "LeBron may have won seven MVPs and championships, but my grandpa got 'im!"

He needs to take notes:

http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1
a lot easier to block someone from behind when they don't know you're there as opposed to taking the challenge face to face protecting the rim.
Youre insane if you think that Courtney didnt know that Bron was coming for his head on that play.

I wasn't talking about that specific Courtney Lee play, I was addressing the other blocks that Lebron gets that every joygasims over.� I amway more impressed by the "face to face" type blocks than coming from behind.� Still impressive but not as good.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

As a Los Angeles Laker hater it pains me to say this. With Orlando going into Cleveland and beating them (even with Lebron dropping 49), I have no doubt the Cavs stand absolutely no chance against the Lakers if they meet in the Finals.
smh.gif
they don't stand a chance against the Lakers who went 7 games against a Houston team full of scrubs? just sayin'....
Chill ...

Houston is nowhere near a team full of scrubs .
aaron brooks, carl landry, kyle lowry, von wafer, etc., these guys are scrubs compared to any other team in the playoffs. ok scrubs is a littleharsh, they are good young players with bright futures (especially brooks), but let's be honest, none of them have experience or are on that star levelyet. chuck hayes isn't very good either. the only good active players are really ron ron and battier. as good as the Lakers are supposed ot be, they gotworked quite a bit by these young bucks. that's all i'm sayin'.

laugh.gif

did not happen
laugh.gif
that's like saying if you block a shot from behind, it's not a block.

look, if you are defending a player or trying to get a block on a player going up for a dunk or even standing under the bucket and not trying to block a player(when you should've been) when they go up for a dunk, and the dunk goes in, you got dunked on. period. like they are talkin' bout in the otherthread, getting posterized is different, that's when you're face up with your man and he smashes one down in your face when you're going up toblock him (and posterizing is also a form of dunking on somebody).

So if youre behind someone and try to block the dunk as they bring it back over their head and you miss it, you got dunked on?

I think LeBron just missed the block, and CL did a great job of stuffing it quickly because hes seen all those other times where LBJ has run down people toslap their lay ups and 360 dunks against the board...

Back
Top Bottom