Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by PAsSback

carter 3 > relapse?????
laugh.gif

No way you can tell me Carter 3 has better lyricism, flow, or production...

And Wayne's subject matter is much more repetitive than what you may consider Eminem's subject matter to be

You have lost all credibility...

please...dr carter + playing with fire + tie my hands + shoot me down > em's album......em's tmz raps ain't cuttin it anymore.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

carter 3 > relapse?????
laugh.gif

And Wayne's subject matter is much more repetitive than what you may consider Eminem's subject matter to be

please...dr carter + playing with fire + tie my hands + shoot me down > em's album......em's tmz raps ain't cuttin it anymore.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Even Wayne would slap you for that.

carter 3 > relapse?????
laugh.gif

I got like 1200 Wayne songs. I consider myself a pretty big fan.
This argument is stupid. IMO, the two can't even be compared. They're way too different to be put on the same scale.

Originally Posted by dunnyy

I got like 1200 Wayne songs. I consider myself a pretty big fan.
This argument is stupid. IMO, the two can't even be compared. They're way too different to be put on the same scale.
eek.gif

nerd.gif

of course its comparable..its music...scales, instruments and lyrics...you can compare bob dylan to eminem if you want.

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by M16

Em was lucky enough to not have his beef with Canibus escalate, that would have ended him right there. He knows his role, a few shots at celebrities that 13 year olds will find funny, rinse, repeat, profit. In a real beef though ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude would get done worse than LL Cool J.

Damn, every time I read your posts it's the most absurd, moronic posts ever
roll.gif

Got it worse than LL? LL had like 14 more albums since the Canibus situation, is Canibus still doing rap? I wouldn't be surprised if he was a pastor now or working at a carnival or something...

"Look over your shoulder N, that's where you're headed"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Nothing better than lines that come true(as if that was hard to foresee).

You know why the Em VS Canibus thing never popped off? Cause no one cares for Canibus, everyone just heard Em's diss and called it a day.
%%+ does a rap battle have to do with album sales? talkin about "letting Em outsell them"
laugh.gif
Too many of yall naive dudes got that Curtis vs. Ja Rule mentality when it comes to a rap beef/battle. LL "lost" to Canibus and yet he will still sell more than him any day of the week.
Naive...LOL. Yeah like no name battles and who had the better metaphors in them are so much more important than one's well being and livelihood from MC beefs...Are we really arguing Em can't battle though? Seriously?
LL "lost" to Canibus and yet he will still sell more than him any day of the week.
Exactly why LL won...Canibus' career highlight was something that was so petty to LL.

How ignorant can one person be ? You don't even know what Canibus is doing now (making 10x better music than Em) and still wanna post to make yourself looklike a ******. Em's battle skills are about average, he would get ripped to shreds by the above average underground MC, let alone Canibus, that would justbe a massacre. Should Em ever have enough courage to go at any of these dudes it would be over. I think Paz can dead him in 2-4 bars.

I've read pretty much every post on here and it seems to me that
I have seen every song on this album(excluding his singles) posted as someones fav.
track! That's saying two things
1. That all the songs are good in their own way, which means its a damn good album
2. That music is a personal opinion and you really can't argue it
That being said there can be a public consensus of what is great..
Then again this is just MY OPINION

To me the album is amazing

I don't like any Eminem but thats because I just can't relate to anything about the guy therefore I cannot get into his music.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I don't like any Eminem but thats because I just can't relate to anything about the guy therefore I cannot get into his music.
I can't relate to anything rappers talk about and I still listen to it occasionally. I never even saw heroin but I like the Stones, and Ozzysongs about it. This whole I can't relate to it so I don't like it argument is ******ed. You don't have to relate to something to appreciate it.And no I'm not trying to convice you to like Eminem or Relapse.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I can't relate to anything rappers talk about and I still listen to it occasionally. I never even saw heroin but I like the Stones, and Ozzy songs about it. This whole I can't relate to it so I don't like it argument is ******ed. You don't have to relate to something to appreciate it. And no I'm not trying to convice you to like Eminem or Relapse.

QFE.

Don't have a Jesus piece. Don't drive Maybachs. Never been in a G5. Don't rock 20,000 stadiums nightly. Don't push coke. Not a drug dealer.

Guess I can't relate? Meaning I can't like the music huh?

of course its comparable..its music...scales, instruments and lyrics...you can compare bob dylan to eminem if you want.
Na homie. Wayne is the best in the ignorant rap genre. Em doesn't even try to fit in there.

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Na homie. Wayne is the best in the ignorant rap genre. Em doesn't even try to fit in there.
And you really can't mix genres. You can't compare Em to R Kelly, Bob Dylan to Led Zeppelin, Carrie Underwood to Lil Kim.

i think it's alright after several days, i'm not really feelin it too much. i'm kinda with time, i can't really relate to him, but i know histechnique is off the charts. maybe it'll take a few more listens, but it just isn't really cuttin it for me so far.

The thing with Em and relating is, you don't (well, most young black males don't) aspire to be like that...at all. So while I can't relate toflying on a G5, I want to. While my closet doesn't have 2 stories, I'd like it to. It gives me something to shoot for. And if I never moved bricks, Isold dimes and/or know somebody who did. Growing up, _'s wanted to be like the drug dealers. We like them before they started rapping. We've beenaround the sirens and gunshots. The $*%$ Em says is lame to black people. We love our mothers, we don't really mess with scripts like that, we don'tjoke about being the victims of gay rape, our relationship issues are different and we don't really care about these celebs like that. That's whitepeople $*%$ to us.

And Em can rap better than pretty much everybody I listen to. I can appreciate that...I really can. It's just not something you'll see at the top of myiTunes play count. I'll forget about this album in like a month. Beautiful and De Ja Vu are amazing by the way.

Then you have a Joe Budden who, arguably, has similar content...but it's more from a black perspective. His addictions, relationship issues and innerturmoil is just easier to relate to.

Of course these are huge generalizations so there's no need to point that out.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by M16

How ignorant can one person be ? You don't even know what Canibus is doing now (making 10x better music than Em) a

On Dec 31, 2009 if any one of these albums have drop I'll make Vinnie Paz my avy

What was the point of your post ? I don't really care about what you have as your avy. For Whom the Beat Tolls is better than anything Em has done since2000.

I can't relate to anything Em has ever said. I don't do drugs or drink, and I've never had any grief with my mother or significant other.

You don't have to relate to music to like it. It may be one of the factors that makes music reinforcing to you.

What's reinforcing to me about Eminem's music is his rhyme scheme, cadence, flow, and delivery.

His content really doesn't drive me over the edge. But this album almost forces you to like his content and get attuned.

I can understand if people don't like the album. Or it's just not their cup of tea.

But to say it's terrible? That's a reach. And a long reach at that one.
I disagree with this because for me, if I dont like something, then yeah...its terrible TO ME. Im just looking at it from MY perspective notanyone else's. I like Relapse by the way

Originally Posted by antj2k2

I can understand if people don't like the album. Or it's just not their cup of tea.

But to say it's terrible? That's a reach. And a long reach at that one.
I disagree with this because for me, if I dont like something, then yeah...its terrible TO ME. Im just looking at it from MY perspective not anyone else's. I like Relapse by the way

Hm...i guess it really is all opinion...cuz to me...some of this %!$$ on the album is TERRIBLE...like BAD...i mean bagpipes..and we made you??? %!$$ likethat???....i guess it really is just me but MUSICALLY over all...this %!$$ is sounds pretty bad...

I honestly believe if Relapse 2 is serious Em it will go down as one of the best albums ever, just because people aren't really keen to his silly *+@@.

He seems to be in rare form now.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i see the name but i dont know what he said and i refuse to look lol ... it saddens me that rap fans really believe things like this ... i know i go overboard
with em from time to time, but to say the carter 3 was better than relapse ... ughhhh

and by the way ... i am one of the biggest wayne fans on NT ... in fact, i was banned when carter 3 released because i was going too hard at people ... i was
the wayne stan lol ...

Relapse is TERRIBLE fam. & this will not sell as many records as C3 did!!! & to everyone saying it's growing on you smdh!!! Forcing yourself to like it, if it sucks the 1st spin, it's going to suck after the 20th

You gota understand EM has 3 million fans on standby . To say he won't murda C3 is a joke. This man is an international icon.
I say 1.5 in the first week. I bet anyone 25 pay pal bucks.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom