Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Best song on this album is "Medicine Ball" and it's not even close...

The verse on "underground" about the killers is nice though but the chorus is way off for it...

Beautiful is cool too, but after he says all the crap on the album prior to that song and he comes with that song it's like what's the point of doing asong like that for a album like this.

I'll listen to the album some more see if things change on my view of the album...

And to those asking about bumping Em in the whip I've yet to see or hear it around my way in NYC... maybe if you go to Long Island or Howard Beach yeah,but not like that...

He's a good rapper, but I'm starting to see iHateTime's view point on him he is talented but he talks to stuff you can't really vibe or relateto so it's whatever... yeah he's nice and talented, but eh what can I say you know... if I was in his position I would keep doing being the same waybecause it's making me rich so whatever...

Lilstar I been peep is the biggest Stan in this thread along with many other's... face reality I'm not biased I like Em but it's time you call aspade a spade... if you were feeling Em years ago like I was that's cool, but now you've grown older and to still be amused by this crap and enjoyit... I don't know man...

Will definitely give it more time though...

It is a nice change from the crap we're all used too though...

8 Mile (his work on 8 mile I think is his best work he's ever put out that most people in the struggle, and regular blue collar workers, can relate to)
SSLP
MMLP
TES
8 Mile (his work on 8 mile I think is his best work he's ever put out that most people in the struggle, and regular blue collar workers, can relate to)
Relapse
Infinite (have it on the iPod, but never really gave it a lot of time... Tonight is nice though)
Encore

Eminem's act may be becoming predictable or stale, but I would rather listen to something mildly interesting like Relapse than the same one-dimensionalclub hits, drug raps or gun talk that has been predictable or stale for years.

My point being, Eminem may need to change his style, but so does damn near every other rapper.

Liking/disliking this album boils down to whether or not you like his subject matter and style, period.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I can't stop listening.
ive been blasting this in my car the past 2 days
pimp.gif

i been listenin to this also non stop.

i dont have to related to anything to appreciated the skill and rhythm it takes to make the verses.

dudes dont have to make concept songs all the time. geez. id rather have you know what. just forget it
laugh.gif

yeah, I may not relate to some of the stuff he's talking about but I don't really care, this album is just dope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

i been listenin to this also non stop.

i dont have to related to anything to appreciated the skill and rhythm it takes to make the verses.

dudes dont have to make concept songs all the time. geez. id rather have you know what. just forget it
laugh.gif
dont know why u gotta relate to what the dude raps about to like his music. appreciate wordplay/rhymes/beats..

its like i gotta relate to star trek/iron man to like the movie
roll.gif

The more I listen to it the more I'm starting to like it and appreciate it.

It's going from a 2/10 to a 6/10...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

this coming from the person who said the carter 3 was better than relapse .. ... LOL ... ... in fact, since you wanna talk about grade school, dont you learn about extraterrestrials in about grade 6?

sorry i offended you stanley...carter III>relapse with ease...go ahead and ignore me...a kid in grade 6 would deal with people who don't agree with himlike that.

carter 3 > relapse?????
laugh.gif

No way you can tell me Carter 3 has better lyricism, flow, or production...

And Wayne's subject matter is much more repetitive than what you may consider Eminem's subject matter to be

You have lost all credibility...

i see the name but i dont know what he said and i refuse to look lol ... it saddens me that rap fans really believe things like this ... i know i go overboardwith em from time to time, but to say the carter 3 was better than relapse ... ughhhh

and by the way ... i am one of the biggest wayne fans on NT ... in fact, i was banned when carter 3 released because i was going too hard at people ... i wasthe wayne stan lol ...

i see the name but i dont know what he said and i refuse to look lol ... it saddens me that rap fans really believe things like this ... i know i go overboard with em from time to time, but to say the carter 3 was better than relapse ... ughhhh

and by the way ... i am one of the biggest wayne fans on NT ... in fact, i was banned when carter 3 released because i was going too hard at people ... i was the wayne stan lol ...

Relapse is TERRIBLE fam. & this will not sell as many records as C3 did!!! & to everyone saying it's growing on you smdh!!! Forcing yourself tolike it, if it sucks the 1st spin, it's going to suck after the 20th

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Relapse is TERRIBLE fam. & this will not sell as many records as C3 did!!! & to everyone saying it's growing on you smdh!!! Forcing yourself to like it, if it sucks the 1st spin, it's going to suck after the 20th
first of all im not your "fam" if you say relapse is terrible because you have no ear for music ... second of all, encore sold 5.1million in the US alone and was released very late in 2004 ... to say em wont do 3 mili is laughable ... he has the biggest following in rap and im sorry thatlil wayne has skewed your idea of the rap game ... and lastly, im sureyouve never liked something after you thought you didnt like it after hearing it thefirst time ... your post wreaks of fail throughout ...

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

i see the name but i dont know what he said and i refuse to look lol ... it saddens me that rap fans really believe things like this ... i know i go overboard with em from time to time, but to say the carter 3 was better than relapse ... ughhhh

and by the way ... i am one of the biggest wayne fans on NT ... in fact, i was banned when carter 3 released because i was going too hard at people ... i was the wayne stan lol ...

Relapse is TERRIBLE fam. & this will not sell as many records as C3 did!!! & to everyone saying it's growing on you smdh!!! Forcing yourself to like it, if it sucks the 1st spin, it's going to suck after the 20th
u do know the re-up sold 2 mil. that's like a freakin' mixtape released commercially right
roll.gif
. em will sell. he won't sell as much s he used to b/c the music industry isreally bad right now. but he'll def. reach 3-4 mil when it's all said and done. "beautiful" will be the smash hit he's looking for."old time's sake" is starting to get spins down here in LA as i come back here to visit for mother's day.

btw - kanye's 808 took around a month before i started to like it
happy.gif

Some people like it, some don't. Why do dudes constantly try to pass their opinion as fact. We all have different preference, and our opinions on thingslike art, music, film etc. are generally going to vary, since we're all human.

In all my time posting on NT, a lot of people don't seem to get that.

I can understand if people don't like the album. Or it's just not their cup of tea.

But to say it's terrible? That's a reach. And a long reach at that one.

ahh i see... already have an account there... but half to 3/4 of my plays have just been through my Ipod so they wont be tracked... didn't know if I couldtrack it through itunes

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Some people like it, some don't. Why do dudes constantly try to pass their opinion as fact. We all have different preference, and our opinions on things like art, music, film etc. are generally going to vary, since we're all human.

In all my time posting on NT, a lot of people don't seem to get that.

You are so right. I'm not saying it sucks to me so everyone has to hate it. I am saying that I have an opinion & mine is that the album sucks. I usedto love his material (when I was in middle school) but this is just not my cup of tea. But I am saying as a fact that this album will NOT DO C3 #'s unlessLilStarZ07 buys out all BB & Targets.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

this coming from the person who said the carter 3 was better than relapse .. ... LOL ... ... in fact, since you wanna talk about grade school, dont you learn about extraterrestrials in about grade 6?

sorry i offended you stanley...carter III>relapse with ease...go ahead and ignore me...a kid in grade 6 would deal with people who don't agree with him like that.
pimp.gif

once again im here to say this album is wackkkkkk in all areas minus production smh

ive been forcing it everytime i get in my car and it just isnt cuttn it at all

Back
Top Bottom