OFFICIAL EV THREAD VOL: GAS IS IN THE PAST

As someone who has and loves their Tesla, do you guys think this EV cars thing is a fad? Like curved flat screen TVs?

Especially with the crappy non Tesla charging network here in the US

for certain people ev is cool, I don't think it will ever be the majority of cars on the road though.

I'd get a hybrid but an ev is a definite no go for me.

As someone who has and loves their Tesla, do you guys think this EV cars thing is a fad? Like curved flat screen TVs?

I don't think it's a fad per se but it was poorly implemented in virtually every way possible. The government mandates makes things worse in terms of the public opinion.

Its a financial agenda to prop up profits for investors, and shareholders involved in the EV game.

The Tesla is cool thing is over. Now it’s corny. They will still sell cars. The competition continues to get better. EVs will grow just not like all the experts and companies said last year.

Well except Toyota which said it’s not possible or happening and whose sales is booming and stock price is booming with a diversified portfolio of vehicles.

Also governments are going to pull back pushing EVs down people’s throats.

People want choice and the best way to look at carbon neutrality is choice. Not just EVs.

Enjoyed my time with a Lexus RZ450e. Low range but very well built and a great daily.

My biggest selling point is that if I get solar, I have complete control over powering my vehicle. I don’t have to worry about politics in the Middle East, Russia, or Texas and whether I’ll pay $1.99 or $5 per gallon to fill my tank.

Even if a zombie apocalypse were to occur, technically solar can keep my car and any EV running no?

Its a financial agenda to prop up profits for investors, and shareholders involved in the EV game.

Sorta like how the US became car centric in the first place, stopped being the leader in rail and why we don't have high speed rail?

I think it’s kind of like CDs. It’s events going to evolve into something else.

20% of the population having EVs makes sense. 90% of the population having EVs will be a nightmare.

I feel like hydrogen cars is the next part of the evolution. In the simplest terms, it works like electric cars except you swap batteries with hydrogen.

If they can refine the tech, then I’m a bigger believer in that than battery powered cars.

I think it’s kind of like CDs. It’s events going to evolve into something else.

20% of the population having EVs makes sense. 90% of the population having EVs will be a nightmare.

I feel like hydrogen cars is the next part of the evolution. In the simplest terms, it works like electric cars except you swap batteries with hydrogen.

If they can refine the tech, then I’m a bigger believer in that than battery powered cars.
We are so far away from hydrogen cars in the mass market. Cost per mile is currently 2-3x higher than gas and hybrid cars. And the truly zero emission green hydrogen makes up less than 1% of total production.

It’ll take decades for the FCV market to mature to the level of the BEV market today. And even that’s being highly optimistic.

I don’t think EV is a fad at all, companies just can’t expect Tesla numbers because they’re too far ahead infrastructure-wise.
It's really where a lot of the innovation is

VW, Mercedes, Toyota all have RV's and Hybrids I would buy today

I don't own a car, but my biggest issue with driving was maintenance, it's really a shady industry overall with oil changes costing 3 figures now (no I don't want to do it myself)

I think that is the appeal when EV's will start flaming up, Tesla still really hasn't conquered this, qc is rough, and it's a process still getting anything fixed. Not to mention the charging footprint still has lengths to go.

I just don't want gas stations to turn into EV stations, gas stations need to go by the wayside and fall off the face of the earth.

I feel like car maintenance gets blown out of proportion.

Anything major you’re still doing on an EV. Brakes probably even more often because they weigh a million pounds, wheel bearings, suspension etc, not like your average Tesla is keeping it long enough to matter though.

Back
Top Bottom