OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's the thing though... the white walkers and Knight King does not exist... they only exist in the minds of those that saw them. Jon, Mance (or whatever the redhead dude that is leader of the wilding army, Sam, and maybe the hound and his crew.

Nobody else knows they exist or believes the stories that they hear about them so why make it such a focal point that now all of the sudden it's all about everyone coming together and teaming up against the undead?

They could have built up to it better but Jon/Tyrion just coming out of no where with trying to catch one to prove to others they exist?

First half of the season the main focal point was getting the Lanissters out and Dany into that position of power and Jon's side quest was not really a big focal point only to him, but now it just came out of no where.

Like from the loot train episode it was on and I thought it was about to be all out war and now they just took the direction of the show in a whole new path with some all come together steez when it was always every house is trying to come out on top.

The difference now is that the entire north believes Jon, Tyrion believes Jon, and Dany got the weak knees. But she will only abandon her position if Cersi agrees to a ceasefire. So Tyrion comes up with the plan. The other motivation for a ceasefire for Tyrion is to buy Jamie and Bronn some time and hopefully be able to get in Dany's ear so she doesn't burn the whole country. I don't know if Cersi will understand the depth of the White Walker threat but she's already indicated she'll agree to a ceasefire to buy herself some time.

My only question is are the unsullied still held up at the Rock or are they on their way back? And why didn't Dany fly Drogon there to burn Euron's fleet?

We all shouldnt even be counting Thoros and Beric. I mean if they really die it'll have to have a purpose. Cuz they just been walking north with ominous scenes about the war to come.

Something has to come of their deaths if they die. Thing is one dude is a preist and has managed to survive all the battles meanwhile he's resurrected his homey dozens of times. So its nothing major with them.

As for Jorah, I mean we saw him earlier this season but to me he just came back too just not like Gendry who been gone. I also feel his death would have to mean something or be thematic in someway. So while I'm not ruling out his death I don't think its as likely. I don't think his story has run its course yet.

He started off disgraced, a spy, etc. I feel his death would include him being worthy (worthy of Dany) even in sacrifice.

Agreed. I am expecting deaths from at least 3 from that squad, but the majority should have plot/story armor to keep the show flowing. There has to be a reason why they are all there this late in the game. They shouldn't die capturing a wight to show to Cersei to TRY to persuade her. Seems like a useless trip and useless deaths if ever.

So I still feel things change if she learns LF helped kill Joffrey given he's sided with the Starks when he was a key piece in leading to Ned's death. Hell even not knowing about LF's role in killing Joffrey just getting the North to be hostile to LF and the Vale helps her in the long run.

I hope at some point Bran breaks the news to someone.

The difference now is that the entire north believes Jon, Tyrion believes Jon, and Dany got the weak knees. But she will only abandon her position if Cersi agrees to a ceasefire. So Tyrion comes up with the plan. The other motivation for a ceasefire for Tyrion is to buy Jamie and Bronn some time and hopefully be able to get in Dany's ear so she doesn't burn the whole country. I don't know if Cersi will understand the depth of the White Walker threat but she's already indicated she'll agree to a ceasefire to buy herself some time.

My only question is are the unsullied still held up at the Rock or are they on their way back? And why didn't Dany fly Drogon there to burn Euron's fleet?

I have to go back and look because at no time this season did I see anyone in the north saying they believe Jon about the walkers... only Bran since he is some all powerful being.

I have to go back and rewatch this season because most of the things you listed I did not see as reason why these story lines are happening.

Was it ever mentioned exactly what the white walkers want or there purpose is in this whole thing?

I don't think there's any real reason given yet. I just look at them like Aliens in that they're just killing machines. I'm sure the'll give the NK some sort of motivation for what he does later on though.

Anyone else low key rooting for LF?

I don't think he's a character with any redeeming qualities. He knows how to play the game and I can see why people respect that, but what would anyone get with him "winning"?

Anyone else low key rooting for LF?

Smartest dude on this whole show and the reason for all the chaos :lol:

Him and Vary's are snakes and moles and are still in cahoots with Cercei.

Dany need to toughen up on disciplining fools and have the dragon start eating them alive.

George don't care about the books. Dudes rich. Hell prolly have someone else finish them. Been 6 years since the last one :x

But maybe he is finishing the last two at the same time?
I wonder what the numbers will look like on the release date. On some Hp steez

The Brotherhood serve the Lord of Light so it was "destined" for them to fight the dead. Jon also fights the dead so it's no surprise that they join together. They went to Eastwatch because the Hound saw the ww walking near the wall in his vision.
I'm still :lol: at Davos not wanting any parts of going beyond the wall. Duke was like
FullSizeRender.jpg

I remember reading the books and reading how Joffery died

I was so happy/shocked but I couldn't really talk to anyone about it :lol:

LF is still at it, :lol:. That scroll he call himself hiding was the one Cercei made Sansa send to Rob saying to bend the knee and pledge fealty to Joffrey right? He's playing on the discord developing between Arya and Sansa and using this to get Sansa back under his thumb. He is such a snake, and looking at his rat face makes me want to knock him out, lol. Quick question, why hasn't Bran looked in the past to see how LF betrayed his father, mother, and Sansa?

Gendry is back, :rofl:. Davos had the same joke we've been saying for years lol. Are they using Gendry to make weapons out of the dragon glass?

That's the thing though... the white walkers and Knight King does not exist... they only exist in the minds of those that saw them. Jon, Mance (or whatever the redhead dude that is leader of the wilding army, Sam, and maybe the hound and his crew.

Nobody else knows they exist or believes the stories that they hear about them so why make it such a focal point that now all of the sudden it's all about everyone coming together and teaming up against the undead?

They could have built up to it better but Jon/Tyrion just coming out of no where with trying to catch one to prove to others they exist?

First half of the season the main focal point was getting the Lanissters out and Dany into that position of power and Jon's side quest was not really a big focal point only to him, but now it just came out of no where.

Like from the loot train episode it was on and I thought it was about to be all out war and now they just took the direction of the show in a whole new path with some all come together steez when it was always every house is trying to come out on top.

Houses have not come together, Cersei didn't seem to concern with the NK even if she believes it, her main concern still survival and the throne...so doubt she teams up with anyone, she might team up with the NK before taking up arms with her enemies :lol:

All the other houses are concern with the looming war between Cersei and Dany, the Citadel are the only ones that can possibly bring the houses together against the NK and they not consigning Bran at all....the only houses concerned with the NK are the northern houses that ride with the Starks

The team that came together is made up of bastards, a sellsword, a wildling leader, the men without banner and an exbadguy turned good....these cats don't represent any houses, they are there for the cause...I love it...

I agree the pacing was OD last episode, but we should have expected this with the shortened seasons...they need to wrap up Cersei this season and focus all last season on the WWs

IMG_0317.JPG
LF is still at it, :lol:. That scroll he call himself hiding was the one Cercei made Sansa send to Rob saying to bend the knee and pledge fealty to Joffrey right? He's playing on the discord developing between Arya and Sansa and using this to get Sansa back under his thumb. He is such a snake, and looking at his rat face makes me want to knock him out, lol. Quick question, why hasn't Bran looked in the past to see how LF betrayed his father, mother, and Sansa?

Gendry is back, :rofl:. Davos had the same joke we've been saying for years lol. Are they using Gendry to make weapons out of the dragon glass?

Thy probably will, with the help of Sam and Bran possibly, my favorite part of last week was his exchange with Jon, really touching fan service to have them mirror Robert and Ned during Roberts rebellion...wonder if Gendry will sport the Baratheon mantle during the war...this would be sick, but him taking down a night kings general instead, his hammer probably mad elf Valerian steel too...lol

Houses have not come together, Cersei didn't seem to concern with the NK even if she believes it, her main concern still survival and the throne...so doubt she teams up with anyone, she might team up with the NK before taking up arms with her enemies :lol:

All the other houses are concern with the looming war between Cersei and Dany, the Citadel are the only ones that can possibly bring the houses together against the NK and they not consigning Bran at all....the only houses concerned with the NK are the northern houses that ride with the Starks

The team that came together is made up of bastards, a sellsword, a wildling leader, the men without banner and an exbadguy turned good....these cats don't represent any houses, they are there for the cause...I love it...

I agree the pacing was OD last episode, but we should have expected this with the shortened seasons...they need to wrap up Cersei this season and focus all last season on the WWs

I've always thought Cersei would be done by now.

I'm starting to think the bittersweet ending is that she actually ends up keeping the iron throne while the Avengers North die saving humanity

The thing is there isn't a next phase to the war yet. Dany has agreed not to attack KL because she doesn't want to be queen of the ashes and her two pronged strategy didn't work because she lost Dorne and the Tyrells. It's not like she has other houses rushing to her side all of a sudden. If anything the Dothraki/Dragon attack only emboldens Cersei's claim that she's a savage. To me, a ceasefire at this point makes perfect sense.

IMG_0317.JPG

Thy probably will, with the help of Sam and Bran possibly, my favorite part of last week was his exchange with Jon, really touching fan service to have them mirror Robert and Ned during Roberts rebellion...wonder if Gendry will sport the Baratheon mantle during the war...this would be sick, but him taking down a night kings general instead, his hammer probably mad elf Valerian steel too...lol

The ironic thing about that meeting was instead of there fathers being comrades; Robert actually killed Jons father.

Last edited:
I always read spoilers for movies, but with this show. I stay away from any leaks.

With two episodes left (I think), I'll do my best to be patient.

Oh, and LOL at the name "Lord Friendzone"

Back
Top Bottom