OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Originally Posted by dland24

To me, its a NO BRAINER to dump David Lee than Andris. Sorry for the terrible copy job above. Damn work computer.
Yeah, it shouldn't even be a question.

I would be on board with Rudy Gay in the sense that I think he makes them better. But I'd also be on board with trading Monta for $.60 on the dollar, to go along with using the amnesty on Lee. Get the cap right, keep your first rounder, and build from there with Curry.

The team as is, even if you add Nene or somebody, plateaus at like a 7 or 8 seed, which is why I've always been on board with blowing this thing up.

If you are going to rebuild, hurry and do it now. Best to do when Curry is young, and you have your better pieces being under 25.
Honestly, I don't see Lacob being able to sit back and wait a couple years. 

The main reason why I would do it, it's a lot easier to find a serviceable 2 guard to plug in with Curry and Gay. Get rid of Lee, bring in Nene.

I'm a fan of Ellis and it'd be tough to see him leave.
I guess if we traded him, we'd have more size. Roy/Gay/Curry/Lee/.......Nene?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Despite all the dumb stuff thapointguy said, I wouldn't mind seeing DeAndre Jordan in a Dubs uniform - Athletic, can block, can grab boards, & lobs from Curry?

Man Dorrell must be getting really bored lately

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I not so sure about the trade for Rudy because is contract is kind of ridiculous.
Plus, it would be hard to see Monta in another jersey.
We would have to get rid of Lee or Beans contracts
I like the idea of DeAndre Jordan- play athletic, blocks shots, and does not need the ball score.

As much as I don't like agreeing with Fitz, he has a point about Jordan. The only way you get him is by overpaying, a lot.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Andrew630

The owners will not amnesty Biedrins because it probably won't save them that much besides cap space.
he'd also require a massive buyout
Huh?

Isn't Amnesty by all accounts a buyout?

Do you guys understand Amnesty, in general (not being an @*$)...?
yeah i get it, i'm just saying i don't think there's any way the GSW front office pays that kind of money. 

dunno i just don't see them cutting him loose for that kind of money, and then seeing him somewhere else getting payed less and possibly being a serviceable center.

it'd be harming them more than it would be helping them is what i think.

Originally Posted by offbad

dunno i just don't see them cutting him loose for that kind of money, and then seeing him somewhere else getting payed less and possibly being a serviceable center.

it'd be harming them more than it would be helping them is what i think.
Getting him off the books gives them an opportunity to improve the team though.
What he might do on another team shouldn't really factor in. The fact of the matter is he isn't producing enough for what he's being paid so get the money off the books and try to use it on somebody who will.

Reports of Tyson Chandler saying he doesn't think he'll be back with the Mavs. He'd be a great pick up.

Would he want to play for a team that isn't going to be a contender though? He's a player who's gonna have tons of options out there. I hope so of course.

David West is a good player, but for some reason I really don't like his game. Is he an upgrade over Lee, maybe, but I don't think it's anything that would put them anywhere closer to a playoff spot. I don't know, I kind of liked the way Lee was playing, at times, during the season. I know the money is the main problem. I think he would look a lot better if he was getting around $10 million a season. I'm just glad the season should be starting in a little over 3 weeks, and it'll definitely be interesting to see what all these rumors actually turn into.

Money isn't the main problem, it's a secondary problem. The main issue I have with Lee is, he's essentially very one dimensional. When he's not giving you boards, there's little else to look forward to. His defense is a prime example.

I like West's two man game. I think it would be a benefit to have a guy like that with Curry, plus I think he's tougher than most everyone else on our team. I'm just not surprised a tier 2-3 FA wants no part with us.

I would definitley pull the trigger on the Rudy deal (although I still highly doubt the Grizz would go through with it)

It would create a bigger starting line up for us and get rid of that small back court we've been working with (and getting abused with) for the past 6 or 7 years.

And also i dont care if Lee has a bigger contract get Biedrins the HELL OUT OF HERE. I don't want to have to look at him in a Warrior uniform anymore..

I don't think Monta would object to the Memphis trade. He is from the South. Doubt it would happen.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Money isn't the main problem, it's a secondary problem. The main issue I have with Lee is, he's essentially very one dimensional. When he's not giving you boards, there's little else to look forward to. His defense is a prime example.

I like West's two man game. I think it would be a benefit to have a guy like that with Curry, plus I think he's tougher than most everyone else on our team. I'm just not surprised a tier 2-3 FA wants no part with us.
well that's not entirely true he used to have some sort of elbow jumper before his elbow got taken out (har har)

but i do agree with the assessment that he tends to give up more points than he puts up.

West will be interesting for cheap, would he start? assuming he's an FA addition, where does he go in the rotation.

Additionally, it remains to be seen if D.Wright's season was a fluke. Those of you that approve the Gay/Ellis deal, I don't know if you want either Gay or Wright at the 2.

I wouldn't Wright's season was a fluke, but I would definitely move him to the bench. Rethinking the deal, I probably wouldn't do it. Forgot how high Gay's contract was, I'd rather try to play the season out, then see what kind of package the team could get: more solid players, instead of 1 that's overpaid.

Back
Top Bottom