OFFICIAL Harry Potter and the deathly hallows THREAD

Movie was great. They touched just about every main story line they should have. Was wondering how they'd take the relatively slower first part of the book and make it interesting, but they killed it. Set up part 2 damn well, should be dope as hell.

Movie was great. They touched just about every main story line they should have. Was wondering how they'd take the relatively slower first part of the book and make it interesting, but they killed it. Set up part 2 damn well, should be dope as hell.

Movie was good but they left out or changed a bunch of stuff.

The Dudley scene should have been in the movie and what's up with keeping Wormtail alive?

I don't see how anyone who just watches the movies knows what is going on in the movie. You go from getting chased by Voldermort and his crew to having a wedding with no explanation lol.

Movie was good but they left out or changed a bunch of stuff.

The Dudley scene should have been in the movie and what's up with keeping Wormtail alive?

I don't see how anyone who just watches the movies knows what is going on in the movie. You go from getting chased by Voldermort and his crew to having a wedding with no explanation lol.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

One of the theaters around here had all 14 screens showing Harry Potter and all sold out, even the 3am showings
laugh.gif

Pretty much...and basically the whole theater was sold out even at 3am in the morning.

Movie was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Can't wait til July. Also people were booing the Green Lantern preview
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

One of the theaters around here had all 14 screens showing Harry Potter and all sold out, even the 3am showings
laugh.gif

Pretty much...and basically the whole theater was sold out even at 3am in the morning.

Movie was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Can't wait til July. Also people were booing the Green Lantern preview
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by revirxreab

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i did not like how they did not add the part where dudley says he respects harry and leaves him for the last time .
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Thinking about that part in the book got me....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by revirxreab

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i did not like how they did not add the part where dudley says he respects harry and leaves him for the last time .
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Thinking about that part in the book got me....
ohwell.gif

Im thinking about getting into Harry Potter and was told the books are way better and the movies dont really follow them too well. Is that accurate?

Im thinking about getting into Harry Potter and was told the books are way better and the movies dont really follow them too well. Is that accurate?

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

The movies have done about as good as could be expected with the vast amount of content and detail in all the books, but WB just can't fit EVERYTHING into a 2 1/2 hour time slot. TDH was probably the best one yet, they hit all the major points from the book and even made some of the more boring parts of the novel easy to follow with the film.

The movies have done about as good as could be expected with the vast amount of content and detail in all the books, but WB just can't fit EVERYTHING into a 2 1/2 hour time slot. TDH was probably the best one yet, they hit all the major points from the book and even made some of the more boring parts of the novel easy to follow with the film.

The movie was good as always but I couldn't help but feel like this one was especially lacking. I haven't read the last book yet but after the movie i decided to start and am already realizing that it missed a lot of what I see to be important points in the beginning.

The movie was good as always but I couldn't help but feel like this one was especially lacking. I haven't read the last book yet but after the movie i decided to start and am already realizing that it missed a lot of what I see to be important points in the beginning.

Very accurate.  Movies are trash compared to the books. 

I have higher expectations for deathly hallows because the way the book was written it should be easier to translate to a movie.  Plus breaking it up into 2 parts helps. 

Very accurate.  Movies are trash compared to the books. 

I have higher expectations for deathly hallows because the way the book was written it should be easier to translate to a movie.  Plus breaking it up into 2 parts helps. 

As I was sitting in the theatre watching the movie, I was like (in no particular order): 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
smile.gif
frown.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Now that I look back on the movie as a whole, I'm like:
tired.gif

I definitely enjoyed it but even as someone who hasn't read the book in quite a while, I felt they left out a lot more than they usually do. I mean, if it's the last (2) movie(s) you would think that they would want to at least bring a little more detail than they have in the past. But then again, one can't expect such a vast work of literature to be recreated in its entirety just because the series is ending (if that makes sense). The point is, I feel kind of meh about part one. I'm just stoked for part two when all the real action takes place.
Side note: Tron, anyone?

As I was sitting in the theatre watching the movie, I was like (in no particular order): 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
smile.gif
frown.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Now that I look back on the movie as a whole, I'm like:
tired.gif

I definitely enjoyed it but even as someone who hasn't read the book in quite a while, I felt they left out a lot more than they usually do. I mean, if it's the last (2) movie(s) you would think that they would want to at least bring a little more detail than they have in the past. But then again, one can't expect such a vast work of literature to be recreated in its entirety just because the series is ending (if that makes sense). The point is, I feel kind of meh about part one. I'm just stoked for part two when all the real action takes place.
Side note: Tron, anyone?

it was a great companion for the books
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if you've never read the books though and have only seen the movies, you are missing out, they assume(esp. for this one) that EVERYONE in the world has read the books.

i learned to leave my differences at the door when comparing the movies/books to each other,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
not gonna lie im still salty on the prisoner of azkabans movie(my favorite book),
30t6p3b.gif
at them not telling you who the map belonged to before and that WHOLE storyline

it was a great companion for the books
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if you've never read the books though and have only seen the movies, you are missing out, they assume(esp. for this one) that EVERYONE in the world has read the books.

i learned to leave my differences at the door when comparing the movies/books to each other,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
not gonna lie im still salty on the prisoner of azkabans movie(my favorite book),
30t6p3b.gif
at them not telling you who the map belonged to before and that WHOLE storyline

Watched the midnight show and enjoyed the movie very much. I've read the first five books thus far ( started reading in July) , so I'm not totally caught up. The movies do chop up the books pretty hard, but you'd need a seven hour film to fit everything in. It's just nice to see the visuals sometimes.

Watched the midnight show and enjoyed the movie very much. I've read the first five books thus far ( started reading in July) , so I'm not totally caught up. The movies do chop up the books pretty hard, but you'd need a seven hour film to fit everything in. It's just nice to see the visuals sometimes.

Yeap worm tail should have chocked his self out .

they missed out on so many key small parts . Maybe they filmed extra scenes and will release extended versions .

Back
Top Bottom