OFFICIAL: HOH: HOUSE OF HOOPS THREAD

Getting an extra pair to resell isn't that hard. All you gotta do is have someone else there with you. If you want the shoe that bad, get up early and goget em! They will be retail. You know how NY is! It's the same scenario no matter which part of NY you're talkin about

Chadio knows whats really good with this entire situation. He's been there with me a few times to see how this really goes down.

Quite a lot of hate for resellers eh?

No one forces anyone to pay these reseller prices, I'm taking whatever offers I get. And if that happens to be more than most people are willing to pay,then cool. I'm glad.
Funny how its the dudes out of state are the ones complaining. It'd make some sense if people in NY were like "damn I wanted a pair but I'm notgonna pay these high **! prices, let me go online and cry about it." If you were in or around the NY area last Friday, you could have gotten a pair of theMr. Basketballs ALL DAY LONG. They still even had pairs on Saturday.

Its not even that serious, its just shoes. And yes, I fully agree that the execution of the HoH wasnt the best, but thats life.

If it wasnt for resellers, then no one out of the area would even have a pair. Complain all you want about "ruining it for the truesneakerheads ." I hate even using that term but its often brought up here. All these "true sneakerheads" would just keep the pairs forthemselves locked up in their closet. If you want the shoes, pay the price. If you really want the shoes, make the trip yourself. Stand and wait inthe snow, I dont care. Stop saying resellers ruin everything, if anything they're giving you an opportunity to get the shoes you want.

I already sold most of my pairs and it was mainly out of the country. I got offers from buyers with no hesitation, and no one ever complained.

And sure there might be some employee reselling but its whatever to me, leave them be. If you speak to an employee and you pay them to hold something down,then thats just too bad. They're not allowed to, so even if they're holding a pair for you til 5 PM and I walk in at 4:58 PM and say I need that pair,you better believe I'm getting it. It's happened before.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
I see a few dudes talking reckless who not so long ago were needy ofsome HoH products so hmmm...

I've hooked it up for quite a few people if they just ask.

I don't even know how much of what I just said makes sense, but whatever.
After all, this is NT and NT synonymous for hate.

Despite what the past few pages of BITTER Nt'ers have been saying about HoH, I have to recant my statement that I made about the store 2 weeks ago...in thepast 2 weeks I have probably been to the store everyday sometimes even 3 and 4 times a day and I have developed relationships with a couple of ppl at thestore. So I must APOLOGIZE to Raphia, Will, Greg, and the entire House Of Hoops staff for my premature assumptions of them and the store because they weredefinately not true.

And why is it that all the ppl that have never been to or can't get to HoH keep complaining? I know that if at least 90% of the ppl on this board had a HoHnear them they would become resellers, Now because they gotta pay a resellers price for shoes they wanna get all salty.

Despite what the past few pages of BITTER Nt'ers have been saying about HoH, I have to recant my statement that I made about the store 2 weeks ago...in thepast 2 weeks I have probably been to the store everyday sometimes even 3 and 4 times a day and I have developed relationships with a couple of ppl at thestore. So I must APOLOGIZE to Raphia, Will, Greg, and the entire House Of Hoops staff for my premature assumptions of them and the store because they weredefinately not true.

And why is it that all the ppl that have never been to or can't get to HoH keep complaining? I know that if at least 90% of the ppl on this board had a HoHnear them they would become resellers, Now because they gotta pay a resellers price for shoes they wanna get all salty.

Originally Posted by lboiczo

nerd.gif
I see a few dudes talking reckless who not so long ago were needy of some HoH products so hmmm...

Hookin a fellow NTer up for Cost plus shipping doesn't make you a reseller.. Word to Sadi and Sole Supreme.. .especially when they TURN YOU DOWN whenyou offer to give them extra for their troubles...

A reseller I agree makes the world go round with Checks and Balances...and I don't blame them...AT ALL... I am not sure anyone is blaming them...but theHoH and their policies are a lil jacked up if employees are chargin folks to hold kicks.

Simple.

Chadio knows whats really good with this entire situation. He's been there with me a few times to see how this really goes down.

No one forces anyone to pay these reseller prices, I'm taking whatever offers I get. And if that happens to be more than most people are willing to pay, then cool. I'm glad.
Funny how its the dudes out of state are the ones complaining. It'd make some sense if people in NY were like "damn I wanted a pair but I'm not gonna pay these high **! prices, let me go online and cry about it." If you were in or around the NY area last Friday, you could have gotten a pair of the Mr. Basketballs ALL DAY LONG. They still even had pairs on Saturday.

Its not even that serious, its just shoes. And yes, I fully agree that the execution of the HoH wasnt the best, but thats life.

If it wasnt for resellers, then no one out of the area would even have a pair. Complain all you want about "ruining it for the true sneakerheads ." I hate even using that term but its often brought up here. All these "true sneakerheads" would just keep the pairs for themselves locked up in their closet. If you want the shoes, pay the price. If you really want the shoes, make the trip yourself. Stand and wait in the snow, I dont care. Stop saying resellers ruin everything, if anything they're giving you an opportunity to get the shoes you want.

I already sold most of my pairs and it was mainly out of the country. I got offers from buyers with no hesitation, and no one ever complained.

And sure there might be some employee reselling but its whatever to me, leave them be. If you speak to an employee and you pay them to hold something down, then thats just too bad. They're not allowed to, so even if they're holding a pair for you til 5 PM and I walk in at 4:58 PM and say I need that pair, you better believe I'm getting it. It's happened before.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
I see a few dudes talking reckless who not so long ago were needy of some HoH products so hmmm...

I've hooked it up for quite a few people if they just ask.

I don't even know how much of what I just said makes sense, but whatever.
After all, this is NT and NT synonymous for hate.
well said

Originally Posted by RockDeep

nerd.gif

Hookin a fellow NTer up for Cost plus shipping doesn't make you a reseller.. Word to Sadi and Sole Supreme.. .especially when they TURN YOU DOWN when you offer to give them extra for their troubles...

A reseller I agree makes the world go round with Checks and Balances...and I don't blame them...AT ALL... I am not sure anyone is blaming them...but the HoH and their policies are a lil jacked up if employees are chargin folks to hold kicks.

Simple.

Serious, who cares about resellers and all that. No need for long spiels on reselling, I think we're all familiar with all of the aspects of it by now.
This is more about the store's operating policy. Store employees aren't supposed to resell, and they aren't supposed to charge money tohold shoes for customers for personal gain. Trying to make a quick buck on someone else's passion by doing your job which you already get paid for? That's undignified and lacks class, both on a professional and personal level.

Lots of you guys are getting all of the exclusive shoes, for whatever reason and that's expected and great. That's the "happy" side of thisstore. But with all of these people mentioning these issues, a lot of which are valid complaints, there's no doubt that there's a bad side to thisstore too.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Now I'm not gonna sit here and give the whole rant bout resellin shoes, I've done it, and givin the chance, we all would so lets not get into that
grin.gif

My only gripe is that employees chargin reg customers for sizes and to hold, becuase granted nike doesn't care bout the consumer, but I'm surefootlocker inc don't agree with that, so if I were the HoH employees I would watch my step ( I personally don't care) cuase one day ur gonna catch thewrong customer and its gonna cost ur job

if anyone can read through this...did they make a 12.5 BB I of the homegrown Larry Hughes...?

If so, and you need a 12, I'll trade and pay for your shipping.

thanks and continue with the hate...

about the only thing i have a problem with about the HOH is that the employees charge to hold stuff. that just seems like a bad practice and i'm surefootlocker doesn't have anything about charging people to hold merch in their policy.

other than that i'm good with it. resellers give people a chance outside of NYC to get this stuff we wouldn't otherwise be able to. i don't evencare if the employees are doing it. as long as they're not burning their discount on it. that would be a confliction of interest to me. and also more thanlikely against footlocker policy.

for those of you that are mad...if its not what you want at the price you want it then don't buy it. it really is that simple. all this whining and cryingis not gonna go anywhere.

from what i heard this last release was done with the whole idea of one per person. however like others have said....people were bringing their families outthere, hiring people off the street, etc. there is not any way possible for the HOH to go through and interview everyone and see if they're doing this. andif they are...how can they really stop them?

you guys gotta keep in mind that once someone buys something its theirs to do whatever they want with it. whether that be keep it or flip it.

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

to all those that dont live in New York City or didnt put in a serious effort to get a pair..why the %!@@ are you mad?..Maybe if you didnt flame WP away, getting your pair would be as easy as sending him a PM stating your size that you want put aside and time of arrival..believe me he can do it..instead you get to piss and moan about the snow and the "greedy" employees.keep typing, maybe you'll feel better shout out to the hoh, niketalk needs you

^^ YOURE NOT SERIOUS ARE YOU??
frown.gif
.. You act as if hes gonna take the 300 PM's from people he dont knowpersonally. Stop acting like dude is the CONTRIBUTOR to the SNEAK COMMUNITY just cause you are in good terms with dude and you can cop from him. Some peoplewho live nowhere near NYC want the kicks only HOH gets and if it came down to overpaying him or going online to FC then im sure its a tossup but dont act likehe can accomadate to the masses who dont live in NY for the same price or "HOOKUP" you get if he aint knowin the person!!!! ***** You act like youall high and mighty cause you live in the NY.. Things are alot easier said then done when you dont have to walk the walk son.. My PROBLEM isnt with HOH orResellers, Its the fact that if it came down to selling a pair to someone they call thier BOYS for a cheaper price then the next man who dont live in the NY=THATS MY PROBLEM with it and you acting as if you and other dudes are SHOE GODS ALMIGHTY....Have RESPECT for people who dont live in NY and have no chance onearth of coppin a pair of kicks from HOH and REALLY want the kicks but dont want to give up two house payments, Child care, and other exspenses in living for apair of kicks they want and cant cop as easily as some......

Here we go with another limited Nike ID Dunk and for those who been waiting like myself for this - here they are the Tony The Tigers

maybe if you complain enough nike will do an HoH on wheels
laugh.gif
im not explaining #*%@ anymore. go ahead and assume that i think im better than you because ilive in NY. keep typing, be somebody
roll.gif

Originally Posted by andycrazn

didithepest wow those are actually nice

LMAO - Yeah I love this too - But damn I am not to picky .. There is actually a pair of Nike ID dunks in Nike town That i love with the crackle leather( what ever is called )

Those +%@# are hot -- But i didnt bite the Bullet..

damn didit....those r pretty nice...kinda wish it had te tiger print on the front too tho...then they'd really be somethin else...not bad though

Back
Top Bottom