Official I have Windows 7 vol. Windows ftw :hat

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by YuraS718

I can't wait to try this out. But I do have a question

I'm in dire need for a full format. When getting Windows 7 with the college student discount i read it was a d/l. Will the D/L format my entire system like a reg install of an os with the cd? Or will it just update me os from xp to 7 and pretty much keep everything else?
thats what im wondering. im not about to upgrade it and lose my entire office professional suite
frown.gif

I'd call Microsoft, oh wait, or would you call your PC maker? Hmmm.....

....See what I did there
nerd.gif
I saw what you did but your still a @%!

grin.gif
laugh.gif

I need someone with a college e-mail address to purchase that for me....but i dont know anyone in school right now.

Yep, getting free W7 is great. Been using the RC since it came out. Once I have time, Ill be reformatting to W7 Pro.

Probably will start installing it on all the computers at home.

11v7jwm.jpg

I need some help from computer savvy Nters.
i wanna upgrade to windows 7 64bit. with what im running is it ok to go ahead and install or should i run more ram??
also how is compatibility with W7 and programs. is it almost guaranteed that if it ran on vista it will run on W7.

I need to read up on this OS at some point. I havnt done any good reading about it. I'll probably cop it sometime around December.

Originally Posted by R31J23

I need some help from computer savvy Nters.
i wanna upgrade to windows 7 64bit. with what im running is it ok to go ahead and install or should i run more ram??
also how is compatibility with W7 and programs. is it almost guaranteed that if it ran on vista it will run on W7.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

you should be able to. but download that just to make sure. it'll tell you if you can or not

You don't "need" anything extra to run 64-bit. It just makes more use of your 4GB+ RAM. on 32-bit I think your only using about 2GB.

I am getting a free upgrade (I purchased a Sony Vaio over the summer, claims it comes with an upgrade when it releases), so I will just wait until then.

Looking forward to it. I personally have had no problems with Vista like a lot of people say they have, but I've heard 7 is good, so I'm lookingforward to it.

XP virtual mode coming to Windows 7 this month on the 22nd I think. 2 best Windows environments on one computer 4TW.

One other tip.

DO NOT USE COBIAN BACKUP!

Myself and two other people that I talked to lost whole drives because of it. We just never told each other we had the problem.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

I lost over 250 gigs because it would not let me restore, and there backups are not compatible with other programs.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

You don't "need" anything extra to run 64-bit. It just makes more use of your 4GB+ RAM. on 32-bit I think your only using about 2GB.
thanks. im gonna go ahead and get 7 today and try it out then.

I copped a dell over the summer, do I get a free uprgrade?

but Im completely new to vista and I love it, windows 7 doesnt look worth it

ive had windows 7 since mid august. my old boss was part of some tech group that got copies of it early(the copies that retailers get to put on PCs). itscrack.

Never understood why everyone said Vista sucked. I had it for a year and never had a crash, let alone a problem. I like how 7 organizes the windows on thetaskbar. I think everyone and there mom has 7 already.
laugh.gif

just got my copy today off the student promotion. cant wait to upgrade my RC to the full version...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Never understood why everyone said Vista sucked.
people did stupid things downloading random things never scanning for spyware or viruses.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Yea man, i picked up a new Dell in July, I asked the guys over at the Best Buy where I bought my laptop at, and they said Dell is like the onlycompany that's not doing any promotional deals or specials with/for Windows 7
tired.gif
. HP, Sony and all those other companies have a free or atleast discounted upgrade.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Yea man, i picked up a new dell also, I asked the guys over at the Best Buy where I bought my laptop at, and they said Dell is like the only company that's not doing any promotional deals or specials with/for Windows 7
tired.gif
. HP, Sony and all those other companies have a free or atleast discounted upgrade.

i personally think DELL is a piece of S. they are over priced and they and they have the same specs as a regular Toshiba/HP. IMO Toshiba/HP > Dell and theyare cheaper

If you love Vista, you'll fall in love with 7 in no time.

Back
Top Bottom