Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

I bought my 3gs last year (upgrade) for $199 after my contract ran out and signed a new 2 year. How much would i have to pay for this new one?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by thadangerousmind

I bet there won't be any "free" iphones given away at WWDC. SMH at paying money to see/hear Steve Jobs speak.

its just a keynote speech. most people are there for the development courses.

on top of that, websites like engadget and macrumors will be there updating the keynote literally every 10-15 seconds, that would put a lot of hits on your website if you are there updating
I wonder if they'll have extra security to look out for gizmodo's employees.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by icykicks79

^
smokin.gif
my upgrade is on November but thats less than a year so i can get an early upgrade!!! and its right on time when ill be back from cali.. damn, you just made my day lol, if true att.

4G isnt going to be available right away. And you can transfer data apps etc, minus the jailbroken. Oh and u will need to restore phone dont try to transfer at store with an unlocked/jailbreak.

What do you mean 4G won't be available right away?

Originally Posted by LDJ

^
smokin.gif
my upgrade is on November but thats less than a year so i can get an early upgrade!!! and its right on time when ill be back from cali.. damn, you just made my day lol, if true att.

4G isnt going to be available right away. And you can transfer data apps etc, minus the jailbroken. Oh and u will need to restore phone dont try to transfer at store with an unlocked/jailbreak.

What do you mean 4G won't be available right away?

No im saying the same as in the evo, 4G isnt even available for 15% of the market yet.

Att said they will begin rolling out the lte 4G network testing it out in like 20 markets end of feb/beg of march of 2011. So there really isnt a rush to get the phone, esp if you have 3GS jailbroke, outside of iChat and video skype which unless you chatting with another iPhone HD user or someone who is using a cpu with a camera. Oh and three times the screen and twice the proccesor speed.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Att said they will begin rolling out the lte 4G network testing it out in like 20 markets end of feb/beg of march of 2011. So there really isnt a rush to get the phone, esp if you have 3GS jailbroke, outside of iChat and video skype which unless you chatting with another iPhone HD user or someone who is using a cpu with a camera. Oh and three times the screen and twice the proccesor speed.

realistically speaking we wont see 4g for att users until 2012 AT best on the iphone

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by LDJ

realistically speaking we wont see 4g for att users until 2012 AT best on the iphone

Thats what i think also or late 2011. I mean look at sprint they been at it for what like 2-3yrs and still only have what 10% 4G coverage nationwide. So in essence all you are getting with a iPhone HD is all the same things a jailbroke version has now. Except not being able to have free apps. And a better camera, a faster cpu, and better screen resolutions/colors. Plus as of right now test show that att has the best coverage and the fastest most stable 3G network of all carriers in the U.S.

Which i dont really get ppl arguement about evo etc the only advantage it has is being able to process speed faster, and barely does that, which doesnt matter cause the network speed/stability is half of what att has. Like i said before its like having a race car living in downtown nyc. Sure it can get up to 200mph but if the speed limit is 40 i mean whats the point. Just to say hey my phone if had fast/stable service could process it 1/8th of the speed urs can lol. Or thats y my camera is 3MP more then urs, except my front facing camera is half of urs, or that my screen is larger but the resolution/color specs are 30% of the iphone....lol.

I aint a apple fanboy im just speaking on true facts, black and white. But hey thats why we have options, end of the day both will be excellent phones and really cant go wrong either way.

I can't wait until tomorrow to see what they say about the new Iphone. That will help me decide between this and the evo.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I can't wait until tomorrow to see what they say about the new Iphone. That will help me decide between this and the evo.
I'm still a huge iPhone nerd but I copped that Evo and maaaaan it's a game changer.

i dont know. the articles i read always said the 7th but i would always see them refer to the day they announce it as a 'Tuesday'

Most likely its going to be monday because steve jobs is there. Its expected to be available on the week of june 20th, expected, not 100% though.

[h3]AT&T Moves Up iPhone Upgrade Eligibility On Eve of WWDC Keynote[/h3]
Monday June 07, 2010 12:51 AM EST
Written by arn

004607-eligibility.jpg
On the eve of the WWDC 2010 keynote and what is believed to be the announcement of the next generation iPhone, AT&T seems to have adjusted user eligibility requirements forward for many customers. This means that several readers who previously were ineligible to purchase a new subsidized iPhone now find that they are eligible. Previously, dates for eligibility ranged from June to November depending on your rate plan.

Current AT&T customers can check at [URL]http://wireless.att.com[/url] by clicking on "Check Upgrade Options" after they log in. The improved eligibility requirements will allow existing customers to upgrade to the new iPhone with no early termination fees. Apple is widely expected to introduce the new iPhone at the WWDC 2010 Keynote on Monday, June 7th. The keynote begins at 10 a.m. Pacific.

verizon not getting a phone is really disappointing.  the iphone is the only thing that kept me on att.

i thought you could update if you have a 6 months or less left on your contract. OR if you purchased a 3gs 6 months ago..

correct me if im wrong!

Forget that^ I just checked my att account! im good for an upgrade. I checked yesterday but they changed it today.

Back
Top Bottom