Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

Originally Posted by ListenHere

Originally Posted by CashMoney

copped, this phones neva been done befo!

Yes it has. It's called the Evo.

Nobody is touching 4G.
what good is 4G if its not available everywhere?
grin.gif

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

I care more about the actually hardware than the network.

The Evo is impressive, but the iPhone 4 was done right. The camera for instance, a lot of megapixels doesn't mean the picture is amazing.

besides, 4G isn't widespread enough to actually matter to most people.

this is probably a stupid question...but if i copped online from the apple store:

-how would they know i'm already on a plan with att so that i only get charged 199/299?
-once it arrives, how would i activate it/keep my same number, contacts, etc.?

how does all that work? will i be taking the sim card out of my 3g and putting it into the 4?

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

I care more about the actually hardware than the network..
you really wanna compare da new iphone VS da EVO 4g stat for stat?
laugh.gif

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

The Evo is impressive, but the iPhone 4 was done right. The camera for instance, a lot of megapixels doesn't mean the picture is amazing.

I agree, the iPhone's Camera sensor is superior to the Evo's. Even the Incredible's 5mp camera seems to look better than the Evo's despite the Evo having more mp's.

Evo is a great phone and all, but for dudes saying it's not comparable to the iPhone, it's hardware strengths over it doesn't even shine over it so don't be so quick to say EVO >all when it's superior hardware doesn't even preform as good as at seems on paper.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

I agree, the iPhone's Camera sensor is superior to the Evo's. Even the Incredible's 5mp camera seems to look better than the Evo's despite the Evo having more mp's.

Evo is a great phone and all, but for dudes saying it's not comparable to the iPhone, it's hardware strengths over it doesn't even shine over it so don't be so quick to say EVO >all when it's superior hardware doesn't even preform as good as at seems on paper.
17f15eef5d29ae0cc1f690900885ad0795d7add_r.gif

The Incredible doesnt have a 5 megapixel camera.

Originally Posted by gil23

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

Lol mybad, I meant HD2.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

I care more about the actually hardware than the network..
you really wanna compare da new iphone VS da EVO 4g stat for stat?
laugh.gif
do it. i dare you to. its not even that much better statistically. 
laugh.gif

this is how this phone %*%! goes down.. the iPhone is the Kobe Bryant and Apple is the Lakers of this cellphone %*%!. the EVO is the Lebron James and HTC/Android is the Cavaliers ... 

in the end, we got all the rings homie. you can hate all you want, but at the end of the day you KNOW which phone is going to sell better and satisfy people more. 

you HTC dudes got a new phone to talk about every week. its like you gotta keep coming up with phones and excuses to bring the iPhone down 
laugh.gif

i dont see any annual HTC keynote threads... *shrugs*

The stats...
We know how the iPhone 4 sizes up against the aging 3GS -- but how does it fare against its fiercest competitors from all the major platforms? We wish we had some production Windows Phone 7 kit to check out here, but in the meantime, take a look at the results against the gruesome foursome of the EVO 4GN8Pre Plus, and HD2. You might be surprised by some of the results -- and sorry, RIM, you don't get to play until you bring some fresh, media-heavy hardware to the table. Nothing personal! 

[table][tr][td][/td][td]iPhone 4
iphone-4-thumb.jpg

[/td][td]HTC EVO 4G
htc-evo-thumb.jpg

[/td][td]Nokia N8
nokia-n8-thumb.jpg

[/td][td]Palm Pre Plus
pre-plus-thumb.jpg

[/td][td]HTC HD2
hd2-thumb.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Platform[/td][td]iOS 4[/td][td]Android 2.1 with Sense[/td][td]Symbian^3[/td][td]webOS[/td][td]Windows Mobile 6.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Processor[/td][td]Apple A4[/td][td]1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon[/td][td]680MHz ARM11-based[/td][td]600MHz TI OMAP3430[/td][td]1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]16GB / 32GB internal[/td][td]440MB internal, microSDHC expansion[/td][td]16GB internal, microSDHC expansion[/td][td]16GB[/td][td]Approx. 200MB internal, microSDHC expansion[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cellular[/td][td]Quadband GSM, pentaband HSPA[/td][td]CDMA, EV-DO Rev. A, WiMAX[/td][td]Quadband GSM, pentaband HSPA[/td][td]CDMA / EV-DO Rev. A or quadband GSM / dualband HSPA[/td][td]Quadband GSM, dualband HSPA[/td][/tr][tr][td]WiFi[/td][td]802.11b/g/n[/td][td]802.11b/g[/td][td]802.11b/g/n[/td][td]802.11b/g[/td][td]802.11b/g[sup]1[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Display size[/td][td]3.5 inches[/td][td]4.3 inches[/td][td]3.5 inches[/td][td]3.1 inches[/td][td]4.3 inches[/td][/tr][tr][td]Display resolution[/td][td]960 x 640[/td][td]800 x 480[/td][td]640 x 360[/td][td]480 x 320[/td][td]800 x 480[/td][/tr][tr][td]Display technology[/td][td]IPS LCD[/td][td]LCD[/td][td]AMOLED[/td][td]LCD[/td][td]LCD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Integrated TV-out[/td][td]No[/td][td]HDMI[/td][td]HDMI[/td][td]No[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]Primary camera[/td][td]5 megapixel AF, LED flash[/td][td]8 megapixel AF, LED flash[/td][td]12 megapixel AF, xenon flash[/td][td]3 megapixel, LED flash[/td][td]5 megapixel AF, LED flash[/td][/tr][tr][td]Secondary camera[/td][td]VGA[/td][td]1.3 megapixel[/td][td]VGA[/td][td]None[/td][td]None[/td][/tr][tr][td]Video recording[/td][td]720p at 30fps[/td][td]720p at 24fps[/td][td]720p at 25fps[/td][td]VGA at 30fps[/td][td]VGA at 30fps[/td][/tr][tr][td]Video calling[/td][td]Yes (WiFi only)[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]No[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]Location / orientation sensors[/td][td]AGPS, compass, accelerometer, gyroscope[/td][td]AGPS, compass, accelerometer[/td][td]AGPS, compass, accelerometer[/td][td]AGPS, accelerometer[/td][td]AGPS, compass, accelerometer[/td][/tr][tr][td]SIM standard[/td][td]Micro SIM[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]SIM[/td][td]SIM (on GSM variant)[/td][td]SIM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quoted max talk time[/td][td]7 hours on 3G, 14 hours on 2G[/td][td]6 hours[/td][td]5.83 hours on 3G, 12 hours on 2G[/td][td]5.5 hours on Verizon, 5 hours on AT&T[/td][td]5.33 hours on 3G, 6.33 hours on 2G[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quoted max media playback time[/td][td]40 hours audio, 10 hours video[/td][td]None quoted[/td][td]50 hours audio, 6 hours video[/td][td]None quoted[/td][td]12 hours audio, 8 hours video[/td][/tr][tr][td]Weight[/td][td]137 grams / 4.8 oz.[/td][td]170 grams / 6.00 oz.[/td][td]135 grams / 4.76 oz.[/td][td]135 grams / 4.76 oz.[/td][td]157 grams / 5.54 oz.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dimensions[/td][td]115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3mm[/td][td]122 x 66 x 13mm[/td][td]113.5 x 59 x 12.9mm[/td][td]100.5 x 59.5 x 16.95mm[/td][td]120.5 x 67 x 11mm[/td][/tr][/table]​

Now please, tell me.. how the EVO is better than the Iphone? 

Originally Posted by gil23

Nobody is touching 4G.

You're kidding right?

Lol mybad, I meant HD2.
HD2 is garbage....

wi fi only video calling get outta here. Phone is nothing special besides the resolution of the screen with is very good other than that what. Folders.....ONLY 7 MULTITASKING items please. Iphone was a great concept but things that they consider new at this point are old. And i dont want video calling through wi fi only. im in atlanta and i get 4g fine on my evo (sold a 3gs to get) and my video calling is cool through 4g and decent through 3g and the dedicated video app isnt even up on the evo yet.

Someone posted on engadget's site where the chart was attained from that CDMA is old 3G technology compared to GSM. Can anyone elaborate on this, in a practical sense?

So basically the Evo just has a bigger screen and able to chat with any service? Don't Evo owners have to pay extra to use the video chat though?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

where can i watch the replay of the keynote? Usually its on apple.com, hmm..?

im looking for this too, whats taking so loong
Probably editing out the part where the phone wouldn't work.  I thought that was hilarious and the "try Verizon" quote was brilliant.  As for the new phone, I think it looks sexy but I'm not too impressed about the new features.  A lot of people complained about these features and even then, I still couldn't care if the phone had it or not.  I used to act like the iPhone was the greatest thing on the world and owned one at one point.  But AT&T's network is straight horse manure.  I am one of the "I'll wait for it to come to Verizon" people but with these Android phones, I'm starting to see there are better things out there.  I still plan on going to the store to mess with one but don't think I'm gonna be getting one.

Back
Top Bottom