Official Japan Thread: International Life

Wutup guys,

Going to be here for awhile so anyone looking to share or gain information about the life here, this is the thread to do it in. I'll be posting random pics here and there to let everyone see what it's like.

valid ill be looking forward to updates on this thread i want to travel to japan one day when my budget allows it. where exactly in japan are you staying? and what are your accommodations?

I'm staying out in the Kanagawa Prefecture and am in temporary lodging for the time being, while a realtor finds me an apartment

I plan on visiting Japan as part of my Asia trip next summer after graduating from school, even though I know it'll be pricey |I. But it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit. If I'm already in Asia, which city would provide the cheapest flight into Tokyo?

I have wonderful childhood memories growing up in Japan. It's a beautiful country with mostly kind people. I think what I loved most were the seasons. I miss seeing the pink cherry blossom petals falling in the spring. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I plan on visiting Japan as part of my Asia trip next summer after graduating from school, even though I know it'll be pricey |I. But it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit. If I'm already in Asia, which city would provide the cheapest flight into Tokyo?

Try Haneda, I hear it is a lot less crowded but not sure about price.

I have wonderful childhood memories growing up in Japan. It's a beautiful country with mostly kind people. I think what I loved most were the seasons. I miss seeing the pink cherry blossom petals falling in the spring. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Where in Japan did you grow up?

Where in Japan did you grow up?
My mother is Japanese. She grew up in Nagano. I lived there for 5 years (1st through 5th grade) It's been 11 years since my last visit. Kind of makes me sad to think of it. I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts/updates here.

Last edited:
Giving everyone a heads up. I'm hitting Tokyo this weekend to check out all the sneaker spots. Hit me if you have something you're interested in and I'll takes pics. Then we can run finances off of PayPal n such.

my fault ive been late checking in swamped at work but chill with the spiders smh what kicks did you run into?>

I think I'd cry seeing a spider that big. I'm a catch and release person when it comes to bugs, but if I saw that I'd bring out the vacuum.

Japan is a country I want to visit for sure. Enjoy your stay. How long will you be there for?
Send me some green tea kit kats, thanks

Yeah that spider was no joke... I went west coast on it. If anyone wants to see more pics hit me on IG. Justino__G

Shibuya is really coo... If you think Vegas is partying hard you need to experience the Roppongi life, clubs open at 4 in the afternoon and don't close til lunch time the next day. Shimokitazawa is a coo place, a lot of international travelers meet up in the area and it is sort of like a chill hipster side of Tokyo. The train system makes everything real convenient. I'm only 30 mins less or a bit more from Tokyo. The hard stares I catch walking around and on the train are all funny to me. People in my neighborhood have finally started acknowledging me and say hi every now and then. Just DO NOT visit in Summer especially if you hate really muggy humid weather. Spring would be the most ideal season.

Back
Top Bottom