Official Jazz thread

^ Now those were some fine tunes.  

Can't mention Bob James without posting this! 
wink.gif

Bob James - Nautilus

My favorite Bob James song made famous by several hip hop songs...

Last edited:
Charlie Hunter - More Than This (feat Norah Jones)

Charlie with Norah covering the Roxy Music classic...

Not one to front...I'm not really jazz at all one day I'll get around to really soaking it all up.

Since this is a jazz thread thought I would share that I read the autobiography of Miles Davis and it was a great read from front to back.

Talked about his relationship with Coltrane, Gillespie, and all those cats. It was cool to read about dude though...

Not really sure if this is jazz or not, but I really like Dinah Washington

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd definitely consider Dinah Washington as jazz...

Lots of good stuff posted... will have to go through all of them later! 

Anyway... another "modern" singer that I enjoy...

her album in French was played non stop about a year ago. That's probably my favorite by her.
I have a thing for the french language. Something about french singers that I just love

New Christian Scott drops today...I think it's a double album. Tried looking for it at a local Best Buy (closet store), but I knew they weren't going to have it. Will have to go to some spots that are far to get....

I'm going to check it out. Might want to try amazon psk. I know when I'm looking for albums that I can't find in stores, amazon always has it

^ That's pretty cool.  Not something I would listen to a whole-lot, but it's something different... in a good way.

Anyway, continuing...

Miles Davis (Trumpet)

John Coltrane (Tenor Saxophone)

Paul Chambers (Bass)

Red Garland (Piano)

Philly Joe Jones (Drums)

You just can't beat that line-up!

And anyone with info on the music used on the FX Show 'Louie'...that would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom