Official Jazz thread

^ Not familiar with that show, so can't help you there...

Anyway...

I quite liked this song back in the day... never heard the live version though...

And the original, of course.

I don't play the piano, but you just gotta appreciate how Oscar here can just effortlessly play the different styles. 

Last edited:
Miles Davis - Agitation (Live Stockholm 1967)

Youtube poster listed '63, but this is '67. Williams was only 17 when he did this tour with Miles...

Miles Davis (t)
Herbie Hancock (p)
Wayne Shorter (s)
Ron Carter (b)
Tony Williams (d)

Miles Davis - Iris

The song I just posted earlier is on the same album as this one. ESP featuring the cats I mentioned on the previous post.

Iris is probably one of my favorite tracks from Miles.
Had my ipod on my vocal jazz playlist on my flight and heard this song for the first time. Played it a few times, I was feeling the lyrics at the moment :lol:

Sade - Coming Home Live

Nice posts. I know this is R&B but I had to share. There were no other threads that were appropriate. I picked this blu ray up along with the Bob Marley doc yesterday. Best Buy is running a promo where you can trade in up to 5 used DVDs & get $5 credit for each one towards a new blu ray over $9.99. I've been fortunate to see Sade 3 times over the years. She never ceases to amaze me...

I NEED that Sade blu ray. She's like my perfect woman.
Full Bill Evans album.

The second time I saw her was the first time my wife saw her (during the Lover's Rock tour). We were lucky enough to get 5th row seats almost dead center. When Sade came out, my wife was like damn she's beautiful. She actually took our breath away...

Anyway, check to see if a BB near you has it in stock, then pick out a DVD at home you don't want & get $5 off. It's $19.99, which would make it $14.99...Can't beat that.

I got the Marley doc on Blu Ray for $12.99...

The limit is 5 trade ins & the blu rays you get have to be more than $9.99. The promo runs through the 11th & you have to go to the customer service desk to complete the transaction.

Kenny Burrell & Stevie Ray Vaughn - Chtilins Con Carne

Nice to see Wes' thread stay on the first page...Love both versions of this song...

Miles Davis - Blue In Green

It's raining here in the Baltimore Metro area. This is a great rainy day song...

Sonny Rollins - Moritat (Mack The Knife or The Ballad of Mack the Knife or Die Moritat von Mackie Messer)

I never knew the original names of this song...Sonny Rollins version...

Back
Top Bottom