Official Jazz thread

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by psk2310

Again, I know this isn't Jazz but I think it fits in the thread. More jazznova vibe...Can never get tired or Yukimi Nagano.

Really like this. Probably because I'm such a huge Little Dragon fan.
What else outside of Little Dragon has she done?
If you just type in her name in the search field on youtube, you'll find a lot of side projects she's done. As crazy as it may be, most of them are pretty good too. Check out this relatively new clip of Little Dragon. They're playing a new tune & a cover of the Eurythmics Here Comes The Rain Again.

Niceeee
pimp.gif

Thanks a lot brother

Meldoy Gardot went for a more bossa nova sound with her new album "The Absence"
I haven't had a chance to sit and listen through the entire album yet, but I've heard a few songs and I really like this one.

I haven't really listened to much bossa nova other than Stan Getz. Anyone want to recommend anymore?

What up Wes. For older stuff, check out Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave, Lalo Shifrin Insensatez (Lalo wrote the Mission Impossible & Bullit theme songs), & Bossa Nova Brasil (various artist). The Bossa Nova Brasil would be good for you because it has a nice variety. I really like Jobim's Wave though...

For newer stuff, check out Bebel Gilberto - Tanto Tempo (& the remix album) & Celso Fonseca - Natural. I really like Bebel's stuff I mentioned because it mixes some light electronica. There's also female singer Ceu but I can't remember her album's name.

What up Wes. For older stuff, check out Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave, Lalo Shifrin Insensatez (Lalo wrote the Mission Impossible & Bullit theme songs), & Bossa Nova Brasil (various artist). The Bossa Nova Brasil would be good for you because it has a nice variety. I really like Jobim's Wave though...

For newer stuff, check out Bebel Gilberto - Tanto Tempo (& the remix album) & Celso Fonseca - Natural. I really like Bebel's stuff I mentioned because it mixes some light electronica. There's also female singer Ceu but I can't remember her album's name.

Thanks man, I'll give the rest of the people a look when I get home.
Loving those Bebel Gilberto songs you posted

I thought I've posted her in here before. I know I've posted her in other threads. Her father is Joao Gilberto & her mother is Miucha (a singer herself). My wife & I saw her years ago in DC shortly after the release of Tanto Tempo...The remix album is good too.

Yeah you have before, another NTer has poster her as well.

Really like this song, it's an old french standard

Just discovered this Japanese jazz band & their cover of Branford Marsalis' Mo' Better Blues...

If I remember correctly, Art Blakey & The Jazz Messangers did this song originally...Lovin' this group...

^I don't listen to much jazz, but Soil and Pimp Sessions is definitely appreciated, been listening since they came out with Planet Pimp (Their best album imo). Very easy to get into

I knew I had seen Soil & Pimp before. Thanks PJ.  Someone else posted Summer Godess before (possibly in this thread) & I meant to look into them but I forgot. I've always liked Neneh Cherry & read a while ago stating she joined this Euro jazz group & named themselves The Cherry Thing...Posted the original & Four Tet remix above...

i been lookin for a lot of old jazz to sample lately my vinyl stores here have a decent amount but this thread is helpin out big time

Not sure if yuku will go through & let me embed this Hulu clip successfully. In case it doesn't post, here it go. Here's Glasper's cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit on Fallon the other night...

I may have posted this song before, but I never get tired of it. Morgan was 33 when his wife (common law) shot him right in the heart as he was walking to the stage to perform a concert at a club in the East Village NYC. He died right there...

^ At least the thread is still here... We lost the F1 thread in Sports... =(

Anyway... I love Donna Lee.

Back
Top Bottom