Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

We're still having this conversation? y'all really think black and white people are rooting for Lin solely because he's Asian?
laugh.gif

We're still having this conversation? y'all really think black and white people are rooting for Lin solely because he's Asian?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

We're still having this conversation? y'all really think black and white people are rooting for Lin because he's Asian?
laugh.gif
Him being Asian puts him in an underdog role. PEOPLE (red, yellow, black, and white) like underdogs. He is an underdog because he is a minority (Asian) in the NBA. And he is an underdog because he came from nowhere and reached success. So indirectly I would say that black and white people are rooting for him being he is Asian and because he came out of nowhere. Pick either or a combination of the two. Of course everyone doesn't have the same reasoning but I don't think anyone implied that only Asians are fans of the dude.

We're still having this conversation? y'all really think black and white people are rooting for Lin because he's Asian?
laugh.gif
Him being Asian puts him in an underdog role. PEOPLE (red, yellow, black, and white) like underdogs. He is an underdog because he is a minority (Asian) in the NBA. And he is an underdog because he came from nowhere and reached success. So indirectly I would say that black and white people are rooting for him being he is Asian and because he came out of nowhere. Pick either or a combination of the two. Of course everyone doesn't have the same reasoning but I don't think anyone implied that only Asians are fans of the dude.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

your replies make zero sense
laugh.gif
 Alright, big guy. Keep telling yourself his race has nothing to do with the linsanity. And while you're at it, you might want to up the reading comprehension.

laugh.gif
 Alright, big guy. Keep telling yourself his race has nothing to do with the linsanity. And while you're at it, you might want to up the reading comprehension.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
PEOPLE (red, yellow, black, and white) like underdogs.

all that needs to be said.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But you can't act like him being Asian doesn't play into his Underdog equation.
So again, his race matters.

laugh.gif

But you can't act like him being Asian doesn't play into his Underdog equation.
So again, his race matters.

no one has ever said race has NOTHING to do with his hype. to pin it ALL on race is just ignoring any other factors contributing to the attention he is getting.

There is a list of things which make his story remarkable, if mark off any one on the list, there's 10 other things that make just as fascinating

no one has ever said race has NOTHING to do with his hype. to pin it ALL on race is just ignoring any other factors contributing to the attention he is getting.

There is a list of things which make his story remarkable, if mark off any one on the list, there's 10 other things that make just as fascinating

laugh.gif
He has one bad game and suddenly he's not legit. You know he's made it when the haters start to turn up...

Race certainly has to do with his hype, but it goes beyond that. Even if he were White or Black, his story alone would make him a huge story in the NBA. But add that he's practically the first Asian-American to make noise in the NBA (and there is a huge difference between Asian-American and Yao Ming/Yi Jianlian/Wang Zhizhi) just puts his story over the top. Race is part of it, but it's only one piece of the puzzle.

laugh.gif
He has one bad game and suddenly he's not legit. You know he's made it when the haters start to turn up...

Race certainly has to do with his hype, but it goes beyond that. Even if he were White or Black, his story alone would make him a huge story in the NBA. But add that he's practically the first Asian-American to make noise in the NBA (and there is a huge difference between Asian-American and Yao Ming/Yi Jianlian/Wang Zhizhi) just puts his story over the top. Race is part of it, but it's only one piece of the puzzle.

laugh.gif

yes and as well as alot of asians who normally arent into bball... it was the same way for tiger when he played golf... im not gonna lie and say i was a big golf fan i was avid at best but tiger made me pay more attention to the game... as well as other races all races.. im glad gp working with him maybe he can help him get that glove cause against chalmers that boy was barely a mitten

laugh.gif

yes and as well as alot of asians who normally arent into bball... it was the same way for tiger when he played golf... im not gonna lie and say i was a big golf fan i was avid at best but tiger made me pay more attention to the game... as well as other races all races.. im glad gp working with him maybe he can help him get that glove cause against chalmers that boy was barely a mitten

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

asians have always been into bball. hell, i think Niketalk should be enough proof of that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

asians have always been into bball. hell, i think Niketalk should be enough proof of that
laugh.gif

what don't you get?  dude was agreeing that there are multiple reasons for Linsanity.  however, he believes that race is the biggest reason for Linsanity... which is true. 

let's be cereal.  if this story was about a black man who went state high school player of the year, got snubbed by all the d1 powerhouses, went to Harvard, went undrafted, got cut by three teams before getting his shine with his 4th squad... the hype wouldn't be nearly as big. 

what don't you get?  dude was agreeing that there are multiple reasons for Linsanity.  however, he believes that race is the biggest reason for Linsanity... which is true. 

let's be cereal.  if this story was about a black man who went state high school player of the year, got snubbed by all the d1 powerhouses, went to Harvard, went undrafted, got cut by three teams before getting his shine with his 4th squad... the hype wouldn't be nearly as big. 

Back
Top Bottom