Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

Copped the Oreos while outside with my 2 year old. Got the notification while he was riding his powerwheel, had to tell him to pull over so dad can get some Oreos. 

On a scale of 1-10, how disappointed was he when he realized that you weren't talking about the cookies? :lol:

I'm mad as hell that I caught the restock notification but didn't think to look at what was part of it. Could've definitely used some Oreos finally. Oh well, guess I'll finally grab some from the resale market over the summer.

On a scale of 1-10, how disappointed was he when he realized that you weren't talking about the cookies? :lol:

I'm mad as hell that I caught the restock notification but didn't think to look at what was part of it. Could've definitely used some Oreos finally. Oh well, guess I'll finally grab some from the resale market over the summer.

Lol, he wasn't mad at all. He knows what cookies are but he doesn't know the name Oreo specifically.

how long can 4s stay new before cracking when you wear them?

very complicated question and no real answer. Age of shoe, height/weight of user play factors. In my experience, environmental storage conditions play the biggest role for any shoe. I've found that cool, dry conditions have the most influence in keeping sneakers wearable. Lots of people use silica in a non sealed volume which makes no sense at all.

bottom line, wear sooner than later.

Last edited:
Well if you have a new pair than if you wear them regularly they'll be good for a long time.  The key to keeping your shoes from crumbling early is to wear them.  If you have them from 99 or 2000 then you might as well sole swap them asap they have a very short life.  Storing them away and keeping them deadstock is a terrible idea.  Unless you plan to push em out within the next 4 or 5 years.  

Got my pair off a restock on eastbay last year, truly a gem for anyone that doesnt know abt em, they get better as you wear em, comfortable, quality is excellent, will cop another pair gladly

Last edited:
When I got these on RD I was unhappy at first. Something seemed off and the leather quality wasn't the same as my columbias. But then I was like whatever they will be my beaters

Since then leather has softened a bit, things are TANKS, and they are comfortable. Glad I held on to them.

Hey guys im new here and i just wanted to ask what i should do to repaint my oreo 4s? I searched everywhere for a tech grey type of paint, And also do u think my oreos paint should be cracking already? I mean they only been out for a year lemme know if anyone has any suggestions on repainting the midsole? Plz respond asap thank you.

With the restock yesterday, I had to bust out my pair today. I have worn these about every other week since RD feb 2015 and they are just aging nicely...

Congrats to all that ate yesterday...im sure you guys will love them. And that intoxicating leather aroma that exudes from the box....mmmmm
Love how there's no hard crease, just gets softer and softer.  Looks a lot like how my dunks are looking after balling in and beating them in, really high quality and loving how they look too.  Excited to rock these when they come in.

Love how there's no hard crease, just gets softer and softer.  Looks a lot like how my dunks are looking after balling in and beating them in, really high quality and loving how they look too.  Excited to rock these when they come in.
Guarantee you'll love them.
That smell when you first crack open the box is magical.

Mine just came in from the restock. Damn, these are nice. 4s have steadily climbed my list of favorite jordans. Might be my favorite style for everyday wear and on feet in general.

My wife was like "Those are nice, they look like your navy ones (dunk from aboves). Can I wear them?" and she proceeds to immediately rip out the cardboard and lace up my no-longer DS oreos haha. Excited to try them on myself and wear em in. Leather seems to be on par with the dunks for sure, will have to do a side by side feel once these are broken in a bit.

Long story short, very very happy I was able to snag a pair! I'm set on IV's for a while... Until the next one!

Mine just came in from the restock. Damn, these are nice. 4s have steadily climbed my list of favorite jordans. Might be my favorite style for everyday wear and on feet in general.

My wife was like "Those are nice, they look like your navy ones (dunk from aboves). Can I wear them?" and she proceeds to immediately rip out the cardboard and lace up my no-longer DS oreos haha. Excited to try them on myself and wear em in. Leather seems to be on par with the dunks for sure, will have to do a side by side feel once these are broken in a bit.

Long story short, very very happy I was able to snag a pair! I'm set on IV's for a while... Until the next one!

these are a great everyday shoe, mine have been going strong since RD, and I still get some props from jordan heads once in a while. they still look great, they are great quality. you will enjoy these for a long time.

your wife has the same size shoe as you ?

these are a great everyday shoe, mine have been going strong since RD, and I still get some props from jordan heads once in a while. they still look great, they are great quality. you will enjoy these for a long time.

your wife has the same size shoe as you ?

Nah, she just tried them on to get a feel of the cushioning. She's like a size 5 in men's (looking for a pair for her now actually, what's a good deal for that size DS?)

And yeah man, with these and the dunks, I think I got my every day and balling shoes locked down for the next couple years. Hoping these stay strong for at least that long!

JB is in fact holding inventory. Was able to get another pair of Oreo's from the restock and it had the same production date as my first pair from RD .... I wonder what else they have stashed away in the warehouse 

Back
Top Bottom