OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by ShoeGameSoSick

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Retri

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Just let it go Ninja...these kids that cop these half !!* JB releases won't fathom the feeling of ever buying real Air Jordan retros that we once bought in the late 90s and early 2000s.
Dude...I'm 29, when I was a kid I used to literally camp my local sneakers store (Footlockers didn't even exist in my country at the time), waiting for Jordans release (after a while the owner just started showing me catalogues, asking in advance what he should've picked since I was buing him out of anything Jordan or Challenge Court related), I've owned most of them (OG's) up to the Space Jams and beaten each one of them til they crumbled, yet I'm still quite excited about this release.

I don't give a fk if they aren't exactly like the Infrareds (actually, I think that was a deliberate design choice aimed at not pissing off the OG collectors, all in all very respectful of JB), they're close enough and the materials don't seem as bad as haters have been picturing them but most importantly, they're a [color= rgb(51, 0, 204)]new[/color] pair Jordan 6 I can rock day in, day out, 18 years after their original release (which in itself is already a pretty fk'ing amazing feat).

I love sneakers and Jordans and as long as I can wear something that reminds me of the good ol' days (which also happens to be as stylish and close to the OG's as these VI's) I'm happy. Ain't that the whole point of this whole "Retro" thing after all?

The same reason I got the Space Jams, and the same reason I will be getting these.

In 5 years, these and the 09 Space Jams will be 5 years old.

The retro Space Jams and Infareds will be 15 plus years old. Which pairs will you be able to wear????

That is how I have been looking at it.

Agree
Co-sign. Wore mine already.

D*** I went to a couple of spots that got them early.. and the only size they had left was 8,9 and 11.. and 11 was too big for me (Im a 10 1/2). I find thatmighty fishy how majority of ya'll we talking about how the material on these was trash.. and how trash these were because they'll not infared.. andnow all of a sudden people are all over them.. or "undecided".. I thought these were gonna be an easy cop for me! posers!!!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

D*** I went to a couple of spots that got them early.. and the only size they had left was 8,9 and 11.. and 11 was too big for me (Im a 10 1/2). I find that mighty fishy how majority of ya'll we talking about how the material on these was trash.. and how trash these were because they'll not infared.. and now all of a sudden people are all over them.. or "undecided".. I thought these were gonna be an easy cop for me! posers!!!!
mad.gif
QFT everyone was saying they would pass on space jams to look how that turned out.

Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

D*** I went to a couple of spots that got them early.. and the only size they had left was 8,9 and 11.. and 11 was too big for me (Im a 10 1/2). I find that mighty fishy how majority of ya'll we talking about how the material on these was trash.. and how trash these were because they'll not infared.. and now all of a sudden people are all over them.. or "undecided".. I thought these were gonna be an easy cop for me! posers!!!!
mad.gif
QFT everyone was saying they would pass on space jams to look how that turned out.
laugh.gif
I remember that.

mad.gif

Lol, sounds like a typical JB release. Everyone bickers and then they still cop anyways. Yadda yadda I hate JB, I hate this and that. Then they buy 2-3 pairs.NT cracks me up sometimes.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If I hate things about a Retro +, I won't cop. Simple and easy. These, I will cop. I checked out the suede in person and it was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

mad.gif
Your point(overthere)....................................................................................................................................................................................................(overhere) Me

comparing VI's to XI's is like comparing a benz to a lamborghini everyone likes both, but on equal plains XI's win 9 outta 10 times....and in daholiday season no less....

I guess I'm in the minority here but, the fact that they are varsity red is drawing me away from this purchase more than the fact that they are suede. Iactually don't mind the suede that much. Just my opinion, I know most would disagree.

This thread doesn't need to be locked down.

Me personally, I could care less if it ain't infrared. I'm getting these for me. They're pretty cool. But the general consumer/hood birdscouldnt tell you the different between infrared and varsity etc.

Seen them in person and that solidified it for me. pics look good but always gotta see them in hand for final judgement and they will be added to thecollection

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

C'mon mods... just do it.

67396-delete-key.jpg

Why not just stay out of the thread?

You act as though there's some mystical entity harnessing your soul and prompting you to enter this thread against your will.

SMH.

Btw, you got some nice a$& legs, b.

S.A.D.No.H.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

comparing VI's to XI's is like comparing a benz to a lamborghini everyone likes both, but on equal plains XI's win 9 outta 10 times....and in da holiday season no less....

cant compare no 6s to the 11s fully agree on that one did you read my post on page 206

cany wait to get my 6s in the mail from uptempoair only paid 10 ocer retail so wasnt that bad and copped a shirt from eastbay so I am good to go

Originally Posted by seanj4523

comparing VI's to XI's is like comparing a benz to a lamborghini everyone likes both, but on equal plains XI's win 9 outta 10 times....and in da holiday season no less....

cant compare no 6s to the 11s fully agree on that one did you read my post on page 206
yeah i read, bottomlime is though JB can play with da retros all they want, its called retro+ series but da classics either need to be done dacorrect way or not even touched.

this black and varsity red shenanigans got these kids thinking they getting a successor of da infrareds
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I agree with you thats why I said either make the actual retros quality and all or dont make them at all people pay their hard earned money for quality shoesand shoes that are going to hold up not BS if they want to make new colors fine by me but dont destroy the OGs I am an OG general myself started collectingjays back in 93 and the older jays acually meant something to me and these newer ones compared to the ones in the past or a joke but Nike doesnt care about anyof our opinions all the want to do is collect our money and jack up the prices on low quality kicks. If I like the shoe and I got the bread ill buy them but ifnot I wont I do buy foams and I actually bought the first ones when they came out and they were comfortable and I went broke after paying 180 plus for them butgot my moneys worth but now I put on jays and its like my feet are surrounded by bricks but oh well you get what you get Nike will never change

Man I really didn't wanna have to camp out for these shoes but after seeing the space jam release around my way hype is at an all time high and I'msure all the kids will be beastin for these! *SIGH*

Man I really didn't wanna have to camp out for these shoes but after seeing the space jam release around my way hype is at an all time high and I'msure all the kids will be beastin for these! *SIGH*

Should I get these or the Carmine from the CDP? My boy selling his b grades that he got at the outlets for $180.00. Which would you rather?

Originally Posted by seanj4523

yeah i read, bottomlime is though JB can play with da retros all they want, its called retro+ series but da classics either need to be done da correct way or not even touched.

this black and varsity red shenanigans got these kids thinking they getting a successor of da infrareds
laugh.gif
grin.gif

see, i see it differently... I'm an old sneaker head... been doing it since.... before NT.... nuff bout that... i see kids complaining on how they aintoriginal... kids never even seen Father (Jordan) play.... acting like they had em before to compare em to....

mi dos centavos....

i got infras..... ive had infras..... this shoe, is a completely different shoe.... dont see on how ya'll keep comparing them to the infs.

suede and varsity red 2 completely diff elements from the infs.

4281957875_eafc0ecb1a.jpg

4282700210_c4624ed7c7.jpg

blurry shot. i got the infs.... and these are playing tricks in my head...

4282772786_132425df52.jpg

2 pairs for 210$... wholesale hookup from an old friend. only way i woulda picked up 2 pairs.

never wear them - i feel what u saying. i also have been a old sneaker head as most of the old NT members. been in the game since the early 90's and theyare a different shoe, i also have a pair of Inf's i bought in 2000....but i really like the 2010's as well.

you made me like them even more with your sick pic's as always
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

Should I get these or the Carmine from the CDP? My boy selling his b grades that he got at the outlets for $180.00. Which would you rather?

If thats your "boy" tell him to drop his price a little, but I would take the carmines.

Back
Top Bottom