OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

These are actually pretty good. The suede's not like CDP quality suede so that's a plus. In fact, it seems to resemble nubuck quite well. I don't have much of a problem with it being suede as long as it still feels great and looks nice. Besides, the only difference between nubuck and suede as you all may ever well know is nubuck is made from the outer hide of the cow, whereas suede is from the inner hide (though nubuck is known to be tougher). But a great shoe is a great shoe. Picked these up at 10 in the morning, no line for them, got them along with some Alpha 1s and went straight home. JB releases should be like this all the time, no lines and easily obtainable.

Lastly, its good that they made these suede, to somehow set it apart from the older retroes.

The dude who said people were lined up on like Wednesday should get banned, j/k...well sorta

It's funny how all of a sudden people are experts on why these weren't a sell out in 15 minutes like the SJ's. However, I was saying it for weeks, while dudes continued hyping it up. Talking about PYS and Uptempo, and how great they looked. C'mon kids, just two days ago you weren't saying that.

Oh yeah, did any of the people who got them from Marquee back this summer get them again. Do they look the same?

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

it's been stated for the millionth time, this shoe is NUBUCK

?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Oh yeah, did any of the people who got them from Marquee back this summer get them again. Do they look the same?
that's a good question i would like to know also. Heard a lot of complainers.

Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

Originally Posted by ninjahood

ninjahood did you cop the space jams

yeah why?
You bash the Varsity red VI for being inferior yet you buy the Space jams
roll.gif
roll.gif
way to make a difference

space jams weren't butchered da way VI's were butchered...thats a pretty solid fact.

da VI's in 2010 have been stripped and emasculated since 1991:

-no nike air

-no 3m

these varsity red VI's lacked durabuck & were impostors of infrared VI's....shall i continue?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
lame release by JB...... all da hypebeast who ain't listen to me

weeks ago can now eat some fine crow, i wanna five a shout out to da NT who's only job for 2 weeks was to hype this release, and no one outside this forum was

buying it..i chill outside, unlike alot of ya cave dwellers, i knew da temperature was cold with this release, ya jordan stans were da last one to get da news
laugh.gif

oh wells....its lookin like a cold winter in here, ya better hope da infrared pack releases stateside or else this section is gonna be pretty uneventful for a good min.S
So by your argument the 2000's are a bad retro correct?

No Nike Air lol where you been its 2010 not 2000 3M? wasn't on the 2000s either and the space jams were butchered pretty bad carbon fiber plate patent cut.
I could respect your position if you didn't buy JB shoes at all so you taking a stand on not getting these means nothing because you purchased the Space Jams plain and simple this is the last time I address the subject don't wanna continue the back and forth just wanted to make my point.

space jams >> these

its really that simple, flaws and all its STILL da lesser of da 2 evils so all you doing is reaching duke.

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and [color= rgb(255, 0, 51)]NOT[/color] getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

These are doing well, and will sell out in a lot of areas. I highly doubt these will go on sale. I don't even see Flu Games on sell yet. It took forever for the black/carolinas to go on sale. They're doing good for a JB GR these days, because every colorway of the XII's sat. Heck, wait until the 2K10's drop next month. I don't think this release was a failure, I just think that if they were like the OG's there would be more frenzy or hype. This release should never have been compared to the Space Jams by some up here though, totally different. Space Jams are an iconic sneaker, and probably the most popular Jordan. Probably only Concord's can duplicate that. That's why I'm calling Concord's next Christmas, unless they do III's or IV's.

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? I terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and not getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

give it sometime. its a lot of heat dropping and people may want to cop something else.

ninjahood wrote:

solezprogression wrote:

ninjahood wrote:

i TOLD YA SO LOL

i just walked outside to get a sandwich and these are literally in EVERY store like da white and red XII's.....

selling out?
laugh.gif
pssh...i predicted this weeks ago, I TOLD YA cats weren't feeling that suede...non of ya wanted to listen, I TOLD YA don't spend a dime

over retail.....

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ people that thought paying over 200 was watspoppin.....

these are going ON SALE cuz they suck, forget that everything else cuz coppy penny foamposites are 200 retail and those will jet compared to this sloppy

release by JB.
I guess you live in NYC?

Here in the DMV these joints are selling out QUICK!

On Sale?... NEVER.  Most stores only have like 3-5 pairs left or are completely sold out.  These joints will be gone by close of business Monday at the latest.

so u um...care to put a wager on that?
nerd.gif

son monday isn't gonna change da fact that no one too da bait for these outside some poor soles paying extra for piss poor suede quality....and you think its bad now?

wait till people had some good use outta em, they're gonna fade faster then da Conan run tonight show.

Im starting to think you know nothing about the difference between suede and nubuck. As it's been stated for the millionth time, this shoe is NUBUCK. and surprisingly, the shoe feels very sturdy.

ummm nubuck is a TYPE of suede, not da other way around champ
grin.gif

anything referring to the space jams in this thread should be deleted on site. feel free to delete this.

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and not getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.
A lot of it has to do with how frequently they throw out retros these days.  They didn't do that a few years back.  Now you get what seems like a Jordan release a week including the Ones and Fusions.  I would say continuously raising prices might play a factor, but Fusions seem to be doing pretty well.  You can't charge $160 for Fusions and then charge $120 for the retro.  I'd be interested in knowing if those Fusions are cutting in to retro sales.

There should be no excuse for anyone not being able to cop this shoe (unless funding was low or U just didn't want them)
THese are everywhere and I just returned from getting my second pair and I wear a 10.5... Most common size EVER!

laugh.gif

smh.gif

At most of you in this thread

I thought sites were supposed to crash and everywhere online was going to sell out.
roll.gif

These were my first jays that I bought myself. Ive been waiting years to get another pair but these are just a plain fail. I even went to the mall to see for myself. If it was 5 years ago I may have got em just cause they had em, but it felt better walking away.

Did anyone notice that the CDP, Olympic, and DB 6 are a HELL OF ALOT MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THESE????

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

Did anyone notice that the CDP, Olympic, and DB 6 are a HELL OF ALOT MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THESE????

I made a post about 2 weeks ago saying that these insoles felt rock hard and to expect to see some comments about it.  I got nothing but
laugh.gif
 from certain NTers. 

ninjahood wrote:

solezprogression wrote:

ninjahood wrote:

i TOLD YA SO LOL

i just walked outside to get a sandwich and these are literally in EVERY store like da white and red XII's.....

selling out?
laugh.gif
pssh...i predicted this weeks ago, I TOLD YA cats weren't feeling that suede...non of ya wanted to listen, I TOLD YA don't spend a dime

over retail.....

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ people that thought paying over 200 was watspoppin.....

these are going ON SALE cuz they suck, forget that everything else cuz coppy penny foamposites are 200 retail and those will jet compared to this sloppy

release by JB.
I guess you live in NYC?

Here in the DMV these joints are selling out QUICK!

On Sale?... NEVER.  Most stores only have like 3-5 pairs left or are completely sold out.  These joints will be gone by close of business Monday at the latest.

so u um...care to put a wager on that?
nerd.gif

son monday isn't gonna change da fact that no one too da bait for these outside some poor soles paying extra for piss poor suede quality....and you think its bad now?

wait till people had some good use outta em, they're gonna fade faster then da Conan run tonight show.

Im starting to think you know nothing about the difference between suede and nubuck. As it's been stated for the millionth time, this shoe is NUBUCK. and surprisingly, the shoe feels very sturdy.

ummm nubuck is a TYPE of suede, not da other way around champ
grin.gif

i thought nubuck/durabuck was synthetic and suede wasn't i might be wrong though

Back
Top Bottom