OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

i luv them
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MrRaiRai

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

JAYFIEND wrote:

I swear once OG dudes realize its not 2000 anymore the JB forum will be so much better.
This guy wants a better forum instead of better shoes
smh.gif
I actually agree with Jayfiend. We can control the forum but we can't control what JB does. He's right its not 2000 anymore. Get over it already.

this is whats wrong with this section, and it remains da stinkhole of NT, ya would rather just bend over and take sucky retros then actually demand better...you think

no one reads these comments?

according to RW they do, but ehhhhh they know what theyre doing
smh.gif

Picked these up on FINL a few hours ago. Easiest Jordan purchase I've made in years. Wish they were all like this...

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

Originally Posted by psypha

Originally Posted by zen

man.. should've get the dark night .. this one was a flop

Can you say...HYPEBEAST?

Than why didn't you, did the hype of v reds stop you?

Those "Dark KNIGHTS" are overhyped as well, in my book.

Do you now regret buying such a overly hyped shoe that failed to sell out?

Would they have been worth the purchase had they sold out?

This is...Jeopardy...
29gfq6f.jpg

LMFAO...this is great!!!

roll.gif

just came from the galleria, they were in windows and displays everywhere. i did not inquire about a particular size though.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

these didnt sell like i thought they would....outta 36 pairs in mens at my store, we only sold like 10.
Lotta sneakerheads in Louisville?  Did the Jams fly up there?  Just curious.

i walked around a couple malls in bmore. only a couple of stores sold out. many more store still had them. i think its a good sign because i know people have been buying. it just might mean jb is producing enough pairs to satisfy the feigns.
whenever online sights still have fsrs, it definitely means a lot of pairs are out there.

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and [color= rgb(255, 0, 51)]NOT[/color] getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

Everything comes back full circle eventually.....

Did 2000 Infareds sell out in 10 minutes? Did 2000 Concords sell out in 10 minutes? Hell, did 2000 Spacejams sell out in 10 minutes?

The answer is hell no to all 3. I strolled into Athlete's Foot on release day & copped all 3 with no problem. Back then shoe buying made sense.....no shoe sold out of all stores immediately. I copped my 96' Concords 3 days after the release date!!! Matter fact only the Black /Cement 4s sold out in about a day in most spots cause that was the first shoe in this recent retro boom. A hot shoe took about a week or so to sell out completely...& I'm talking about a "hot shoe". There were no camping out or line ups for Fire Red 5s, True Blue 3s, Cement 4s in either colorways when they retroed years back. If you wanted the shoe, you woke your !## up & copped with ease. And some you could do days later. Why was that?

Cause only mofos that wanted the shoes were copping!!! Wasn't no internet persuading necessary. Wasn't no " I don't like the shoe but I wanna be cool, so I'll buy it anyways" happening. Nobody was buying multiple pairs of everything like they got more than 2 feet!!! You got your one pair & kept it moving. And lastly, poundscums known today as resellers didn't exist!!! Remember Laney 5s went on sale when they dropped, the same shoe some of ya'll would line up for if they re-released next week. But to clearance it went because nothing sold out immediately when things made sense. Matter fact....The first I EVER heard of lining up for a Jay was the DMP pack which would explain why I don't own those. I was like, "Who the #%&@ camps out for shoes?! " & went back to sleep.

So now ya'll complain when a Jordan doesn't sell out in 5 minutes due to un-necessary hype & reselling. Insane!!!

Btw...thou it's not infared, these black/red 6s are on point. And I prefer the material compared to the recent nubuck offerings that JB have been putting out. Maybe I can actually wear these without the toebox creasing like a muva' after 2 wears. For example...check Black/Metallic 5s or CDP 4s. But ya'll on this board crying for that paper thin nubuck?!

Please.......

Originally Posted by sneakermane

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and [color= rgb(255, 0, 51)]NOT[/color] getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

Did 2000 Infareds sell out in 10 minutes? Did 2000 Concords sell out in 10 minutes? Hell, did 2000 Spacejams sell out in 10 minutes?

The answer is hell no to all 3. I strolled into Athlete's Foot on release day & copped all 3 with no problem. Back then shoe buying made sense.....no shoe sold out of all stores immediately. I copped my 96' Concords 3 days after the release date!!! Matter fact only the Black /Cement 4s sold out in about a day in most spots cause that was the first shoe in this recent retro boom. A hot shoe took about a week or so to sell out completely...& I'm talking about a "hot shoe". There were no camping out or line ups for Fire Red 5s, True Blue 3s, Cement 4s in either colorways when they retroed years back. If you wanted the shoe, you woke your !## up & copped with ease. And some you could do days later. Why was that?

Cause only mofos that wanted the shoes were copping!!! Wasn't no internet persuading necessary. Wasn't no " I don't like the shoe but I wanna be cool, so I'll buy it anyways" happening. Nobody was buying multiple pairs of everything like they got more than 2 feet!!! You got your one pair & kept it moving. And lastly, poundscums known today as resellers didn't exist!!! Remember Laney 5s went on sale when they dropped, the same shoe some of ya'll would line up for if they re-released next week. But to clearance it went because nothing sold out immediately when things made sense. Matter fact....The first I EVER heard of lining up for a Jay was the DMP pack which would explain why I don't own those. I was like, "Who the #%&@ camps out for shoes?! " & went back to sleep.

So now ya'll complain when a Jordan doesn't sell out in 5 minutes due to un-necessary hype & reselling. Insane!!!

Btw...thou it's not infared, these black/red 6s are on point. And I prefer the material compared to the recent nubuck offerings that JB have been putting out. Maybe I can actually wear these without the toebox creasing like a muva' after 2 wears. For example...check Black/Metallic 5s or CDP 4s. But ya'll on this board crying for that paper thin nubuck?!

Please.......
Co-sign.  That's the word.  Respect.

i went to the store to check em out as well. to be honest, im pretty satisfied. i am also a little down about the materials and whatnot but i still think its a nice shoe. some people need to get over the hope that the "quality" is ever gunna return. its not. we've been complaining about the quality of retros for a long time and it hasnt improved much. in fact, the last jordan retro i remember being completely satisfied about the quality of were the 01 and 03 IIIs. its gotten to a point where you just deal with it ( i know,
smh.gif
.but its pretty damn true
laugh.gif
) or dont buy em at all. if youre that insistent on comfort, then go get yourself a pair of new balances or something. not sure if i make any sense but i tried my best to put my feelings into words. i probably contradicted myself a bunch but the way i feel about things like this are pretty hard to describe... :/

Please.......
QFT

Co-sign
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How do I remove glue stains without harming the necessary binding glue? ( The Excess glue is above the vis-air unit red part)

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Please.......
Co-sign.  That's the word.  Respect.

didnt see this earlier.  but its so damn true.  yeah im only 21 but ive been collecting shoes pretty much my entire life (yes i rocked jays since before i was in kindergarten
laugh.gif
).  sneakermane pretty much summed up a lot of what i felt in that last paragraph of his.
pimp.gif
to you sneakermane

Please.......

preach my dude! i miss those days
ohwell.gif

Nice post sneakermane. Well said I think a lot of us have been trying to say that but couldn't put it into words
roll.gif

I loved how easy it was to cop these and I'm glad everyone who wanted could and still can.

I blame lil wayne

Nikekidwonder wrote:

You got to understand the only reason the space jam release was what it was is because it was release IN THE HOLIDAY SEASON you got :

Parents buying them for there kids

Sneakerheads buying 2 pairs and more

People buying tons for there friends and family

Hype beast buying to be in style because everybody else is buying

And of course you got the resellers buying tons just to make a quick buck

No sneakers is going to sell like the space jams unless its was a limited release or in the holiday season period

man i had to look through like 6 boxes to find a pair without any major scuffs. i really like these alot but jb really screwed us with this suede. all i can say is keep em clean. but when they are clean and ash free, these are
pimp.gif
my store still has like 50 of our 80 pairs in mens sizes. if they are around in 2 weeks, im going to cop 1 more. at ftl you can only buy one rd sku on discount, then you have to wait 2 weeks before you can use your discount on the same item. the suede and nubuck kit from ftl does wonders on these. on to the motorsports.

airdhazzal said:

The answer is hell no to all 3.

Please.......

U in baltimore though fams, nothing sells out over there even if its SMOKING hot in NYC i.e. Eggplant

Penny foamposites last year.

In 2000 all 3 of those shoes sold out, but it wasn't because da demand was crazy, JB/nike just made way

less pairs cuz they're ideology was still "forward minded" instead of leanin off profits from retro models from

da past ( not really though cuz in da mid 90's over 70% of nike's money was coming from air force I models)

Durabuck >* or have we forgotten that nike was one of the first companies to use it..."dura" means

To last in spanish, duracell, duralast, etc. This material is da opposite.

Back
Top Bottom