**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I think K dot and J cole both can both "grow" by giving us a more main stream sound every few years...or even just once in their careers.... And Metro has more range than you think... im very interested to see what he chose from metro, and what he will talk about over it.

Mask Off is an amazing track, hopefully Metro and Kdot cooked up something good.

I agree with that, but even tho metro is the most popular and has cool producer tags, he surely isn't the best.

And I'm about to Catch heat for this, but mask off isn't anything special. I'm surprised how everyone is in so awwww over that beat. It's typical trap drums with the 4 second loop of a sped up flute sample.

Last edited:
All of those people playing mask off with live instruments is dope as hell though

Last edited:
I agree with that, but even tho metro might is the most popular and has cool producer tags, he surely isn't the best.

And I'm about to Catch heat for this, but mask off isn't anything special. I'm surprised how everyone is in so awwww over that beat. It's typical trap drums with the 4 second loop of a sped up flute sample.

Simplicity >>>>>> Overproducing like Kanye recently.

We forget Metro was the main producer on "Father Strech Amy Hands" and "1 Am" on Ygs debut

Dude has range

To each my g.

Ready to see what Kendrick comes with. I can appreciate him trying to venture down a different lane.

To each my g.

Ready to see what Kendrick comes with. I can appreciate him trying to venture down a different lane.

I'll appreciate too, as long as it's not the same typical trap esque beats that I hear non stop everyday now.

Hopefully metro brings that versatility

"Mask off" is nothing but an updated version of the "Magic" Beat if you ask me. Clear changes, but the hits are damn near exactly the same.

Last edited:
LOL

It is what it is. Play "mast off" and take the background music off and speed it up a bit and VOILA...........MAGIC.

wait...... dont mean to derail the thread, but....
People actually think Mask Off has a "GREAT" beat?
whats so great about it?
im curious to know....

Metro Boomim produced the Intro on Pusha T's Darkest Before Dawn, if he's cooking up anything close to that for k. dot we're in for a treat.

Bruhs I'm listening to GKMC right now in its entirety for the first time in a minute. This dude really is a living legend. Hope we don't take him for granted.

Been running through his old projects all day. 'Overly Dedicated' and 'Section.80' aged masterfully. :nthat:

Last edited:
Bruhs I'm listening to GKMC right now in its entirety for the first time in a minute. This dude really is a living legend. Hope we don't take him for granted.

I don't know anyone that's a fan of hip hop that doesn't appreciate Kendrick Lamar. Had one dude try to tell me GKMC was wack and he changed his tune a month later.

I don't know anyone that's a fan of hip hop that doesn't appreciate Kendrick Lamar. Had one dude try to tell me GKMC was wack and he changed his tune a month later.

You should venture into some of the other music threads man. The stuff they say is blasphemous.

I'm having second thoughts.

Did kdot really said he's dropping an album April 7th or just told dudes to get ready by then ?

Back
Top Bottom