Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
If I could get my hands on another BHM I'm in. I want to graduate them to basketball play. Been using them to workout so that I dont mess them up

Hey guys, does anyone know if any of the 4kb horses came in a regular white XI box.? I’m looking at a pair and the seller says he bought from ftl and has the receipt but the white box is suspect to me. TIA

Hey guys, does anyone know if any of the 4kb horses came in a regular white XI box.? I’m looking at a pair and the seller says he bought from ftl and has the receipt but the white box is suspect to me. TIA
I think each of the 4kb came in a different box. I have them but threw out the boxes but I remember them being black, not 100% sure though

It doesn't mean the shoes are fake but that's definitely not the box. Not my pic but i still regret passing on these. I'm pretty sure most of the pack comes with this red box.

aa.jpg

They did come in diff color box depending on the shoes.
White horse white box
Red horse red box
Pale horse and GOCP yellow box
Black horse black box
The XIs are pretty easy to tell if they are fake or not.

Last edited:
They did come in diff color box depending on the shoes.
White horse white box
Red horse red box
Pale horse and GOCP yellow box

The XIs are pretty easy to tell if they are fake or not.
Really easy, the toe box is a dead giveaway and the materials look horrible on fakes.

For your reference, like what truth2truth mentioned, the different colors of 4kb comes in different colored boxes

Attachments

• CDCEE9E7-4168-4E36-8C6A-03B50D15BD44.png
    CDCEE9E7-4168-4E36-8C6A-03B50D15BD44.png
    3 MB · Views: 31
Picked up a pair of ASG's off ebay to add to the herd. Tough to find in good condition or people not asking stupid prices but I scored on a pair. Dang these are badass! That's the end of my story. Keepin the XI thread alive! :nthat:

Thanks guys. I knew about the different colored boxes I just wasn’t sure if some came in a regular white box. I know sometimes other sigs will come in a regular orange box. I decided I’m going to pass on this particular pair anyway, mamba day coming :lol:

I was going to do a collection pic but it’s way too much work :lol: Nothing major just took advantage of the ftl deals when they were going down.

I let go of my pale horses today. It hurt my soul a little but I wasn’t going to wear them so I decided to let them go to a new home. They’re absolutely beautiful I just know they’re dirt magnets :ohwell:

Love my beater Oreos because they’re probably dirty af but you can’t really tell :smokin
9BCC1804-CE81-4ED7-9229-13A4CBB85BAC.jpeg

Black space are flames! I don’t have those. I’ve only worn my tinkers, Oreos, draft days (on court), and summer pack (2x). Oreos definitely get the most run, pretty much my everyday beaters. I think I’m going to unds my brave blues soon, really like that cw too.

From my experience, there really is a noticeable difference in performance for all Elite Kobe XI’s with solid outsoles and those with translucent ones. Lucked out on getting a deeply discounted Master of Innovation pair, I hope that there might still be some steals with the Oreos.

FWIW I don't notice much difference in traction between all my XIs. I've got 9-10 of them; clear and smokey and solid and ID XDR...and while I'm not curling like Rip Hamilton I don't find any one to be superior in traction than the next. I've read conflicting reports on the subject from various reviewers...but I suspect what they are thinking are the different rubber compounds and densities are likely simply varying levels of dye in the rubber. It can be devoid of dye (clear) or dyed completely opaque. Just a thought.

FWIW I don't notice much difference in traction between all my XIs. I've got 9-10 of them; clear and smokey and solid and ID XDR...and while I'm not curling like Rip Hamilton I don't find any one to be superior in traction than the next. I've read conflicting reports on the subject from various reviewers...but I suspect what they are thinking are the different rubber compounds and densities are likely simply varying levels of dye in the rubber. It can be devoid of dye (clear) or dyed completely opaque. Just a thought.

All I know is my Bruce Lee XI are unplayable indoors. The horrible traction makes it hard to play defense and don't even think about stopping on a dime.

Could you comment specifically on the performance of the XDR outsole Kobe’s you have played in? Are they thicker ? Do they seem to be way more durable?

My BL's were my first pair. Never had any trouble with traction, but once again I'm not running my *** off and cutting like Ray Allen so I can't speak to that. BL's have the same "Smokey" outsole as the Achilles, which I also have never had any trouble with, FWIW, YMMV. I'm not here to argue whether or not these outsoles are tacky or slippery, I'm simply presenting a possible counterpoint to what often seems to be "common knowledge" on the internet - that clear soles have trouble with traction - and it's not limited to the Kobe XI, I'm pretty sure I've seen it in various threads and videos centered around other sneakers.

The Black Space and my MC IDs have the "Icy" outsole and no issues. Oreos are solid color and really don't feel different to me. Not sure what the ALTs are, they resemble my XDRs though. The ID XDRs are pretty cool. They do seem a little heavier and a little more stiff but it's not worlds apart. Worth having a pair, IMO. Full Zoom Midsole helps a little bit with the extra weight. All IMO.

The XI Elites were the first shoe I really went in on. No regrets, and I wear them all.

All I know is my Bruce Lee XI are unplayable indoors. The horrible traction makes it hard to play defense and don't even think about stopping on a dime.

That's because the BL's are made for offense only. :rofl:

Goofing, obviously. I never have any trouble moving my feet on D and staying in front. Laterals, back peddling, no problem for me. Can't do it for very long without getting winded but thats another story...

My BL's were my first pair. Never had any trouble with traction, but once again I'm not running my *** off and cutting like Ray Allen so I can't speak to that. BL's have the same "Smokey" outsole as the Achilles, which I also have never had any trouble with, FWIW, YMMV. I'm not here to argue whether or not these outsoles are tacky or slippery, I'm simply presenting a possible counterpoint to what often seems to be "common knowledge" on the internet - that clear soles have trouble with traction - and it's not limited to the Kobe XI, I'm pretty sure I've seen it in various threads and videos centered around other sneakers.

The Black Space and my MC IDs have the "Icy" outsole and no issues. Oreos are solid color and really don't feel different to me. Not sure what the ALTs are, they resemble my XDRs though. The ID XDRs are pretty cool. They do seem a little heavier and a little more stiff but it's not worlds apart. Worth having a pair, IMO. Full Zoom Midsole helps a little bit with the extra weight. All IMO.

The XI Elites were the first shoe I really went in on. No regrets, and I wear them all.
I've played in my Eulogy's for months and never had a problem tbh

Back
Top Bottom