OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Maybe people bought the kicks crew pairs to resell for
lol prolly 
roll.gif

At the end of the day Nike is still going to make millions every month.

You think by bringing back the MC FK it will increase the profits for them, but did you forget that it will also hurt their revenue. If you had the option to buy the MC FK, or a general release of the Kobe 9, which one would you buy?  More people would be buying the MC FK instead of the EM's or FK's. Their stock would be sitting at the stores and online. Just go to NDC and see how many sizes are available for each Kobe 9 CW.

If they wanted to make millions then they can release one CW of the MC FK as a general release and it will sell out instantly. Same reason why they don't let you duplicate a CW they released with their Nike ID program. Why do you think they waited so long to release the FK and just kept offering the low EM? They wanted people to buy the low EM before offering what the public really wanted.  

Simple business...
The EM's are sitting no matter what. Adding the MC option back doesn't effect the EM sales, because generally they are not selling anyway. Adding the MC back just adds to revenue. And Nike knows that when people really want something, they can release as many CW's as they want and we'll buy them. And I think at this point they know we want flyknit. But, I guess we just have to wait and see...

Not sure if you read what i said. Bigger profit margins with fewer sales is a counter- argument to your point that basketball division is likely not biggest profit generator because they apparently do less volume. It might not be, but the volume of products sold isn't the only thing determining profits. Nothing to learn common sense really...
I didn't blindly make these statements. In 2013 nike yearly financial report stated that running shoes were their biggest area for profit followed by the sportswear division. Basketball came in third behind those 2. While Nike basketball may have a higher profit margin they must protect against market saturation in an area that is very fickle when it comes to it's customers. Trends can change so fast in the demographic who buys basketball shoes that they are cautious even though the sneaker collecting culture is at an all time high. Once again these ideas are all mentioned in their yearly financial report to investors and not just something I came up with. They don't make as much profit off the shoes they sell at kohls but the volume of sales make up for it. Nike considers these shoes to be low risk because in times of recession people will still buy a $59.99 shoe compared to a $170.00 sneaker. It's been proven time and tie again by companies like Walmart you make more selling higher volume at a cheaper price then say Neiman Marcus who has larger profit margin on items but a lower sales volume.

Im sitting here hoping the change the orange color to a burnt orange. I could make some wicked Longhorn kicks with that black and grey flyknit.

Thanks I just grabbed one shoe and ran into the bathroom at work fast for quick pics ill do more detailed shots after work

Really happy with how it turned out

Back
Top Bottom