^Yea Portland is quickstrike Rsvp 
laugh.gif
Definately was.
roll.gif

Opened

Closed

and sent DMs in about 45 seconds.
That's crazy. Did they have only a one size run?lol

if were talking only about the silhouettes, than how come you consider the 10s to be ok? theyre basically the same shape as the 8s. not disagreeing with your point or attacking you, I just want to hear your elaboration on it..since you usually break **** down good

Ok cool, let me 1st state this is purely my opinion as an active basketball playing 26 year old male that does occasionally wear basketball shoes casually. The 8 and 10 are damn near identical technically when we speak of silhouette, just the outer figure of the shoe if it was a shadow, true. Now my issue with the 10 in comparison to the 8 is model design. 1st problem, the 10 is not a smoothly put together design. From that cut out diamond at the toe box that awkwardly protrudes to the oddly placed ventilation patterns that are scattered across the upper to the weirdly deep cut into the back of the ankle support, it's just an awkward design. The 8's were the single best casual design in the Lebron line. It's was a clean and simplistic design that flowed and had a symmetrical balance that's absent from the 10. Like many have stated previously, the 10 looks like a V4 of the 8 or a scrapped 8 design that was unfortunately resurrected. The 10 looks like they took a step backwards from the 9 in the LBJ line continuation. Performance wise I don't really have any complaints but since most seem to be wearing these casually and prefer a visual appeal the 10 seriously lacks that presence. For example I can rock the Blackout 8 with just about anything in my casual wardrobe and look clean and finished while on the other hand those Carbon 10's I wouldn't buy at $29.99 Outlet prices to ever wear casually. I won't get into the material of that butter soft leather that was used on the 8 V1 either. The 10 is a 100% performance shoe that should not see a casual wear in its life cycle, from material to design down to technology these should stay on basketball courts. Once again it's just my opinion that was asked for so here is my reply. This particular model simply doesn't have that visual aesthetic that deems it casually acceptable to my style's eye. Sorry that was so long. Feel free to shed light on a different perspective if you disagree, I always enjoy another opinion when shared respectfully in an adult manner without argument.

Last edited:
I believe Portlands RSVP is handled by a program, not an actual person like the other Nike stores....

Ok cool, let me 1st state this is purely my opinion as an active basketball playing 26 year old male that does occasionally wear basketball shoes casually. The 8 and 10 are damn near identical technically when we speak of silhouette, just the outer figure of the shoe if it was a shadow, true. Now my issue with the 10 in comparison to the 8 is model design. 1st problem, the 10 is not a smoothly put together design. From that cut out diamond at the toe box that awkwardly protrudes to the oddly placed ventilation patterns that are scattered across the upper to the weirdly deep cut into the back of the ankle support, it's just an awkward design. The 8's were the single best casual design in the Lebron line. It's was a clean and simplistic design that flowed and had a symmetrical balance that's absent from the 10. Like many have stated previously, the 10 looks like a V4 of the 8 or a scrapped 8 design that was unfortunately resurrected. The 10 looks like they took a step backwards from the 9 in the LBJ line continuation. Performance wise I don't really have any complaints but since most seem to be wearing these casually and prefer a visual appeal the 10 seriously lacks that presence. For example I can rock the Blackout 8 with just about anything in my casual wardrobe and look clean and finished while on the other hand those Carbon 10's I wouldn't buy at $29.99 Outlet prices to ever wear casually. I won't get into the material of that butter soft leather that was used on the 8 V1 either. The 10 is a 100% performance shoe that should not see a casual wear in its life cycle, from material to design down to technology these should stay on basketball courts. Once again it's just my opinion that was asked for so here is my reply. This particular model simply doesn't have that visual aesthetic that deems it casually acceptable to my style's eye. Sorry that was so long. Feel free to shed light on a different perspective if you disagree, I always enjoy another opinion when shared respectfully in an adult manner without argument.

thats exactly how i felt about the IXs tho

^ @PeruWhite I completely agree. I only have one pair of iD's as the only X I own, and its primarily black with photo blue but just too shiny to be worn casually without looking like a clown, and this is just my opinion but performance wise they are great. It's a shame though because the other day I just said screw it and went with my 8 vet days to ball in and they felt so damn good! We used to get that for cheaper than this and better colors what the hell happened?!

Last edited:
thats exactly how i felt about the IXs tho

I too had similar feelings about the 9's because of materials used and the design but atleast you saw progression with that design as opposed to a reiteration of a previous model. We can all see the 8 in the 10. Not going to lie tho, the colorways of the 9 is what gave it its casual appeal and the SB 8, drawing in JB loyalist, gave the 9 it's mass popularity as the 8's successor. The 9 had some KILLER colorways, the 10 on the other hand is just lacking all around. I have my fingers crossed and I am hoping Nike doesn't make the LBJ 11 a V2 of the LBJ 7...unfortunately I can see it happening.

Last edited:
Any info on elites/PS yet? If they cut down the upper on these a bit make em super lightweight and manage to keep the full airbag these could be classics.

I'm truly curious how Portland's RSVP works. If that's true i mean how come they have a program but the other Nike stores don't? I believe there has to be something shady going down there.

I called both of my local stores, one didn't even act like they knew what a stock locate was and the other told me that the Christmas was a HOH only and that they couldn't order it from another store.  Gotta love those local retail employees.  All this because Eastbay sent me an 11.5 when i needed a 12.  With the insoles out my toes were still a little too cramped for my liking so i ultimately decided to send them back.  Guess i'm just gonna have to keep checking ole fleabay.
Get the style number & color code and then call a nike store and ask them to do a nikefind for you. that's where all of nike's inventory data is pooled and it'll tell you what stores have em if any

Lets hope the lebron 10 is like the Jordan's. 9s were dope, 10s were decent, but 11 go hard.

I thought the AJ Xs was better than the 9s except for maybe the color blocking.

And the only Foot Locker in Florida to get the BHM is doing a raffle. I went in there only one deep, which was a mistake since they have like a million raffle tickets but limited # of shoes. I'm probably going to need to try NDC, which will sell out in 4 minutes. At least the Fire Red 5 will be a consolation prize.

thats a good breakdown homie..thats all i wanted to know, it was never my intention to counter what you say. i 100% agree that they went backwards from 9 to 10....i guess im buying the few 10s that I do like due to the simple fact that i completely missed out on the 8 & 9s

Lets hope the lebron 10 is like the Jordan's. 9s were dope, 10s were decent, but 11 go hard.

AJ 9 and 10 were my least liked of the line....11s, 13s n 14s the best ones

Portland RSVP for the fire red 5s closed in about 90 seconds yesterday so wouldn't be at all surprised if it was automated.

The carbons are good looking shoes i dont know what that dude up there is talking about 29.99 crazzy man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom