Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Damn, tough loss today. So we lost on a Loney error?

JUAN PIERRE EARNING HIS MONEY
pimp.gif

The Dodgers remind me of the LA Galaxy because they both overpay players past their primes. I am glad I don't waste my time watching every single game likeI used to
tired.gif

smh.gif

heeeerrreeee weeeeee gooooooo..... already! damn! No runs what so ever.... no power..... the damn angels hit more HR in 2 games vs the Twins than we did in ourfirst 9 games. I know its early but this is played out. I have been watching the Dodgers do this since Piazza left basically. I better not runinto Frank this weekend.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
PMAC has been laggin.

Anyways, I'll be at saturday's game with wifey, sitting @ Field Level seats right next to left field foul pole.

Another year, celebrating my 23rd birthday up in the Ravine, buy me a brew
pimp.gif

So when are you Dodger fans going to bust out your famous saying? June? July? September?

Andruw is hitting average is .129 pathetic.

When Andruw was on the Braves he would go into the NL West games vs Padres, Giants, Dodgers hitting great but not so much vs the Diamondbacks or the Rockies.and now he can't even hit anymore.

I thought the acquisition of Andruw Jones would add more power to the lineup?

Kent, Loney and Ethier are the main power sources for the team as of now.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Andruw is hitting average is .129 pathetic.

When Andruw was on the Braves he would go into the NL West games vs Padres, Giants, Dodgers hitting great but not so much vs the Diamondbacks or the Rockies. and now he can't even hit anymore.

Hey bro question, has Andruw's weight problem ever been an issue in Atlanta? I really believe, his weight is really holding him down (literally).

Andrew Jones career is over in LA before it even started. smh. I'm thinking, "this dude is supposes to start hitting them out of the park." Butnoooo, hes striking out. %$!. . .
Dude does look a little fat. I hope he dreams of those boos.

Penny is struggling. Dust it off penny.
Lets go D-Blue.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
PMAC has been laggin.

Anyways, I'll be at saturday's game with wifey, sitting @ Field Level seats right next to left field foul pole.

Another year, celebrating my 23rd birthday up in the Ravine, buy me a brew
pimp.gif

I'll be there man, left field pavilion; I haven't been to a game in a while, and this will be one of several games for me this year.

However,
tired.gif
frown.gif
at the last four games.

On a side note, happy b-day; my birthday was this week also
pimp.gif

Another "O-for" again for Jones...straight swinging at anything thrown his way. It seems dude always gets himself into an 0-2 count, always. Then.. to top it off, after striking out or routinely grounding out to SS or 3rd... he's smiling all the way to thedugout. This is what bugs me the most.. I know players always go through slumps but man..

I know the only way for someone to get out of a slump is to get playing time.. but right now I think I'd rather have Pierre (LF), Kemp (CF), and Ethier(RF) out there. Even though Pierre & Kemp may be struggling too they seem to have a different attitude and approach than Jones. Anyone read his quote inthe LA Times today?.. Article's not online but he said something like that he could continue like this for the rest of the season...

Kevin Kennedy on the after show brought up some good points about Andruw, everytime Andruw comes up to bat he just isn't balance. His backfoot keeps movingback, he isn't seeing the ball right and he's probably pressing. Whatever it is, Joe Torre needs to get it fixed, and fixed NOW.

The Ravine hasn't boo'd a player in Dodger Blue in a long time, but the boo's Andruw got are well deserved.

CL2423: I love pavillion seats make sure you harass the padres LF'er. I should be at the game around 6 (if all goes right). Happy belated too
pimp.gif

Hey bro question, has Andruw's weight problem ever been an issue in Atlanta? I really believe, his weight is really holding him down (literally).

From what I saw last year dude has looked like he's on the diminishing side, he just looks slow in the outfield (he'll make the routine plays look easybut he looks like he lost a step), and he even stated to "he's only a pull hitter and will never hit to opposite field" to the press in Atlanta,which had me
laugh.gif

Dude was a mess and a RALLY KILLER for the Braves last year, and most are happy he's gone because they took the younger route and they have some studs onthat team. He's basically a low average hitter who hits for A LOT of power, but when the power numbers are not there it will simply look uglyunfortunately. Thankfully the Dodgers only signed him to a short term deal, because if this trend continues they can easily get rid of him. The Dodgers IMOshould stick with the young trend and keep drafting polished players rather than signing over-the-hill players, because trust me, I've been there done thatin terms of seeing my teams make the same mistakes (whether its baseball, NBA, etc).

I still LOL @ Iron Man saying I was delusional for saying Beltran RIGHT NOW is better than A. Jones RIGHT NOW, but that's a whole separate issue.

PS: Hopefully this is just a slow start and maybe he can get on a hot streak, I mean, a lot of power hitters in the league are starting off slowly, word toRyan Howard. But the only issue I have is that he showcased mediocre numbers last season (especially in the avg dept) during his CONTRACT YEAR, so it would bea shame to see him continue his poor play for the rest of his career, because dude used to be sick.

Dodgers finally showing some power
eek.gif
eek.gif

I hope this big lead gives Andruw Jones some time to relax and the plate and get a hit.

Originally Posted by CL2423

Off to Dodger Stadium I go. Can't Wait.
pimp.gif
thumbsup.gif

Hey Bro, how was your night? I got to the park around 630, got some field level seats right next to the left field foul pole for $50 (for 2 tickets
eek.gif
). Had me a couple heffs and i was gooood.

Points of the game:

Dodger fans hate Andruw Jones, I talked to so many fans around me and, they have so much anger towards dude
laugh.gif
. I mean we always gave him the benefit of a doubt before he came up to bat, butwatching him swing at some balls was just hideous. (He did get a couple walks, the crowd was saying "You got lucky Andruw, you got lucky!" or"How does first base feel, you haven't been there in a while!!!"
laugh.gif

People are so/so with Juan Pierre, I think people just know we're going to be stuck with him for a minute, so its like you gotta except what hebrings to the table. Props has to be given to Juan in regards to his work ethic, he's ALWAYS the first one on the field working out.

Derek Lowe was shakey in the first couple innings, but once he got his mechanics right, some ground balls came. Defense played a solid game behind him.

Finally some offense
eek.gif
eek.gif
, Andre Ethier's swing is
pimp.gif
, James Loney
smokin.gif
, Russell Martin
glasses.gif
and Rafel Furcal (when healthy) is a damn BEAST. Matt Kemp got a homer in thelater innings. I really didn't understand why Joe took out Juan Pierre, did he get hurt (or did SD bring in a Lefty?)

Yo CP, did you see the SD fan in the Right Field Pavillion getting HARASSED? This dude was standing on the staircase, flossing his bummy SD cap, and all ofsudden popcorn started flying, then papers, then plates, then trash, then people starting pouring their drinks on him
roll.gif
roll.gif
SD fan was then tackled by the Dodgers security.

Lakers on top of the West, what a great birthday
devil.gif

SMH at the Padres in this game.

And we'll be sure to return the favor to Dodgers fans when you guys come back down to Petco.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

And we'll be sure to return the favor to Dodgers fans when you guys come back down to Petco.
wink.gif

Yeah, cause "Petco" sounds very intimidating
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I still LOL @ Iron Man saying I was delusional for saying Beltran RIGHT NOW is better than A. Jones RIGHT NOW, but that's a whole separate issue.
laugh.gif

Somehow, I knew you were going to bring this up. I gave the slight edge to Beltran, cause he hits better for average. However, the way you were making itsound, was that Beltran was exceptionally better than Jones, which he isn't. I never seen the facination with Beltran, maybe it's because I have apenchant for looking down on players that have fat contracts and then proceed to fold like oragami when it matters.

It has been a crazy first half of the first month of the season. It is nice to see that the Dodgers are getting slammed when the season is a barely 11 gamesold. There is a "the sky is falling" attitude among Dodger fans, that is kind of sickening. I guess they like the fast starts in April and thenosedive in August that has become the norm. I would rather have a slow start, like the Phillies and Rockies had last season, and a hot finish than a faststart, like the Dodgers and Mets last season, and bad finish.

I will give Andruw until May/June to turn things around. I think the crazy Spring is causing the slow start. Going from Vero to China to Arizona was prettyhectic. Jones and Martin will bounce back. DeWitt has been a pleasant surprise at 3rd, also Billingsley will regain his form.

What matters is September, it is frustrating, but I am hoping they work the kinks out.

Never had a problem at PetCo. However, I must say, how dumb do you have to be to go to the rowdiest section in the stadium and flaunt the otherteams gear. Furthermore, it happened in the right field pavilion, All You Can Eat, so when they were tossing hot dogs, popcorn and soda, people just went andgot more. Dumb move by the Padre fan. If you are going to wear opposing teams gear, sit in the Field or Loge level. Everywhere else, well, do it at your ownrisk.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by CL2423

Off to Dodger Stadium I go. Can't Wait.
pimp.gif
thumbsup.gif

Hey Bro, how was your night? I got to the park around 630, got some field level seats right next to the left field foul pole for $50 (for 2 tickets
eek.gif
). Had me a couple heffs and i was gooood.

Points of the game:

Dodger fans hate Andruw Jones, I talked to so many fans around me and, they have so much anger towards dude
laugh.gif
. I mean we always gave him the benefit of a doubt before he came up to bat, but watching him swing at some balls was just hideous. (He did get a couple walks, the crowd was saying "You got lucky Andruw, you got lucky!" or "How does first base feel, you haven't been there in a while!!!"
laugh.gif

People are so/so with Juan Pierre, I think people just know we're going to be stuck with him for a minute, so its like you gotta except what he brings to the table. Props has to be given to Juan in regards to his work ethic, he's ALWAYS the first one on the field working out.

Derek Lowe was shakey in the first couple innings, but once he got his mechanics right, some ground balls came. Defense played a solid game behind him.

Finally some offense
eek.gif
eek.gif
, Andre Ethier's swing is
pimp.gif
, James Loney
smokin.gif
, Russell Martin
glasses.gif
and Rafel Furcal (when healthy) is a damn BEAST. Matt Kemp got a homer in the later innings. I really didn't understand why Joe took out Juan Pierre, did he get hurt (or did SD bring in a Lefty?)

Yo CP, did you see the SD fan in the Right Field Pavillion getting HARASSED? This dude was standing on the staircase, flossing his bummy SD cap, and all of sudden popcorn started flying, then papers, then plates, then trash, then people starting pouring their drinks on him
roll.gif
roll.gif
SD fan was then tackled by the Dodgers security.

Lakers on top of the West, what a great birthday
devil.gif

Yeah, man, I had a great night. As for the fan getting harassed, I had just came back from the restroom, and my dad and I were going to the advance ticketsales in the left pavilion to pick up future tickets. There was gate of all of right field next to the office. While my dad and I were talking to the man inthe ticket office, I see a whole bunch of trash and food being thrown, and I did not what had happened. Now, that I know what happened, I wish I was there
roll.gif
watching it.

Also, I was sitting in Sec 311, and during I think the 8th inning, a Angels fan behind use did the same thing with his black Angels hat, and started showingit. It was not as bad as what happened in right field, but fans were still throwing random stuff at him
roll.gif
. He got kicked out eventually, along with his group.

As for Andruw, people in my area were booing him a lot, until he started giving us some baseballs, and drew some walks. He threw it twice in my area, onceto my seat and the other to my dad's seat. When the ball came to my seat, I was buying some dodger dogs and nachos, and when I came back, my dad said Icould have probably caught the ball if I was there. As for my dad, the ball came over his head one time, but he was holding a camera in his hand. We could havecaught a ball or two, but we got none.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

As for the game, it was great for the Dodgers to finally have an offensive explosion. 11 runs, 3 home runs, and like a total of 7 extra base hits
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Overall, great game, and I can not wait to attend another game.

P.S. As you said, the Lakers are #1; better beat the Spurs tommorrow.

Damn, it's late, I'm going to sleep

Peace,y'all

I'd like to see Andruw succeed though, even though he was on the Braves I did say that he and Beltran were simply the two best CF's in the NationalLeague right now. Its a shame how QUICKLY he has diminished, he's batting a BUCK right now.
smh.gif

No excuse for that in my opinion, dude needs to hit the gym, lose that damn weight, and stop trying to pull so much.

^The whole Dodger organization is tryna rationalize that Andruw's slump has NOTHING to do with his weight, *****
laugh.gif

Also there's a rumor floating on Dodger boards about Matt Kemp being on the trade block while his value is high, it would make sense that he's notgetting any play, to prevent any injuries.

I have no comment on today's game, good pitching, zero offense.

Back
Top Bottom